No to the Alliance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
700UW said:
First of all why dont you actually post facts and not crap you make up?

Mechanic and Related at US never had their IAMNPF payouts reduced, that would be the ramp, they have been in the IAMNPF since 2003, and were on Schedule A rates, so for about 10 years of accruals will be at Schedule A and then after that they were on Schedule B.

If your pension was 85% funded, AA would not have frozen it.  Why is AA going to Congress to get their payments stretched out to make the plan fully funded?

My defined benefit plan from PMUS was terminated and turned over to the PBGC, so it will never be reinstated.

I am not in the IAMNPF.

Right from the PBGC:

http://www.pbgc.gov/wr/other/pg/american-airlines-amr-pensions.html

So are you saying it three years AA paid $10.2 billion into the plans to make them fully funded?

Do you make this stuff up or does someone give you false information to post?
Thats what the PBGC was saying during BK, a number the company did not agrre with. A number used to scare AA away from dumping the Pension on the PBGC and that number would have meant that the PBGC would have owned AA. The PBGC knew the whole thing was a farce and was threatening to expose and blow up the whole deal. Their strategy worked.

Bob Owens said:

I dont think Dale meant to mislead but the fact is talks have already taken place and those talks resulted in an agreement signed by the TWU Internationals Bobby Gless with the IAM that they intend to get us all into the IAMNPF. The letter is not clear as to whether that means just going forward or if the intent was to roll over our AA DB pension into the IAMNPF. 

And past what has been written already with the association agreement you know this how?

The fact is this could all be put to bed if Lombardo were to come out with such a letter because as we all know the fact is that none of the Locals are party to the agreement.

So not a single Local President either past or present knows about this letter but YOU. You who would not hesitate for an instant to spill the beans was made aware of it? All the people out there who have contacts who have even more contacts upon contacts and not another soul that I have been made aware of is speaking at all about the IAMPF being a done deal for the AA peeps?  Just YOU know about some letter?

A while back I was expressing concerns I had as far as the language in the agreement relating to the 1114 process and the disbursement of our matched funds from our prefunding accounts. The International and others came out and said my concerns were unfounded, yet here we are three years later and we still have not received those funds. Now we have people saying that nothing is going to happen to our Pensions at AA, but nothing from the International, just a letter from a Local President who seems to be unaware that there is already an agreement between TWU and the IAM on what they want to do with the pension. 

Alright if you have this "letter" let's see it? Put it out for the whole world to see. Or maybe Gary Petersen should put it out? If you really are out to protect the members then it is your sworn oath of duty and office to produce this information that you feel can harm us all.

700UW said:
First of all why dont you actually post facts and not crap you make up?

Mechanic and Related at US never had their IAMNPF payouts reduced, that would be the ramp, they have been in the IAMNPF since 2003, and were on Schedule A rates, so for about 10 years of accruals will be at Schedule A and then after that they were on Schedule B.

If your pension was 85% funded, AA would not have frozen it.  Why is AA going to Congress to get their payments stretched out to make the plan fully funded?

My defined benefit plan from PMUS was terminated and turned over to the PBGC, so it will never be reinstated.
I am not in the IAMNPF.

Right from the PBGC:

http://www.pbgc.gov/wr/other/pg/american-airlines-amr-pensions.html

So are you saying it three years AA paid $10.2 billion into the plans to make them fully funded?

Do you make this stuff up or does someone give you false information to post?
AA would have frozen it if it were 95% funded. They just wanted out. That's one of the reasons they filed for BK.
You refuse to comment on the iamnpf guidelines compared to LAA pension guidelines and the abysmal funding level the iam fund would be at if the rules were swapped.
You got me on YOUR pension issue though, I stand corrected. Nor did I realize stores were part of M+R at US.
Looks like you bit the big one being in a multi employer pension fund though since it got dumped into the PBGC.
If you had been in a single employer pension or participating in a 401 plan maybe you could afford to do more than troll forums where you have no skin in the game.
I would ask how that good ole multi employer plan is working out for you but by the amount of posts you have obviously traveling or going to the lake is out. This is your life buddy. Jacking with people who still have skin in this game and do not want to follow in your foot steps down the same path. 

If any of you at AA still have any question on whether or not the TWU is lying to you, look no further than their latest work of fear/fiction

...AMFA has never fought to keep Base Maintenance at any other
airline....

In a single word - LIE

From Article:II of the 2005-2009 UAL Mechanics agreement

the Company commits that effective with the ratification date of the
2005-2009 Mechanics' Agreement, no mechanic shall be furloughed
from the San Francisco Maintenance Center shops listed below as a
direct result of outsourcing from those shops of maintenance work currently
performed at the San Francisco Maintenance Center by mechanics
covered under this Agreement: Pneumatics, Avionics, Landing Gear,
APU, Engine Accessories, Engine Disassembly, Assembly and Test,
Reversers, Nose Cowls and Radomes, Wire Harnesses, Heat Transfer
Units, Tire Shop, Plant Maintenance, and Flight Controls.

In addition AMFA also protected the 3 heavy C-check lines that were in place in SFO

Effective with the ratification date of the 2005-2009 Mechanics'
Agreement, the three "C" check lines of work currently performed by
Company employees in-house at the San Francisco Maintenance Center
will not be outsourced.

This was NEW language that AMFA fought for and obtained in a bankruptcy agreement. 

Wrong our pension that was terminated was a single employer plan.

One airline US, one employer, too hard to figure that out?

Rogallo said:
Because the sheep voted him back in!
Yes, the Sheeple are quite amazing here in Tul. They even allowed a Fleet Service Clerk to become the President of a Maintenance Local.....

Buck said:
Yes, the Sheeple are quite amazing here in Tul. They even allowed a Fleet Service Clerk to become the President of a Maintenance Local.....
I will admit, that is mind boggling!!

Bob Owens said:
Thats what the PBGC was saying during BK, a number the company did not agrre with. A number used to scare AA away from dumping the Pension on the PBGC and that number would have meant that the PBGC would have owned AA. The PBGC knew the whole thing was a farce and was threatening to expose and blow up the whole deal. Their strategy worked.
So everyone is lying and you know everything right?

Arent you the guy who touted AA will NOT file Bankruptcy?

How did that prediction work out for you?

700UW said:

As far as the mechanics here in TUL can tell he has been pretty accurate over the years. The important part in we have been able to get information from him, when the alternative is none from the TWU Local 514..

I have read the TWU letters regarding the IAMNPF. The letters state that there will be options for TWU members. I feel these options will be lumped in with other negotiated items as a package deal, typical politics, and presented to the membership for a vote. "You have to vote it in to see what's in it" comes to mind. In an era of open ended contract language this would not surprise me. I hope I am wrong.

WeAAsles said:
And past what has been written already with the association agreement you know this how?

So not a single Local President either past or present knows about this letter but YOU. You who would not hesitate for an instant to spill the beans was made aware of it? All the people out there who have contacts who have even more contacts upon contacts and not another soul that I have been made aware of is speaking at all about the IAMPF being a done deal for the AA peeps?  Just YOU know about some letter?
Alright if you have this "letter" let's see it? Put it out for the whole world to see. Or maybe Gary Petersen should put it out? If you really are out to protect the members then it is your sworn oath of duty and office to produce this information that you feel can harm us a

Perhaps you have not seen the letter titled "TWU and IAM Joint Agreement on Pensions" dated May 9 2013 signed by Gless and Pantoja? 
It clearly states;
 NOW THEREFORE, TWU and IAM agree to propose a defined benefit pension with the IAMNPF,,,,,,

Its on our website. All our members in Local 591 have access to the letter and so does your President, maybe you should ask him about it.

If you want send me an Email and I will send you a copy. Its too big for me to attach here. 

Gman10 said:
I have read the TWU letters regarding the IAMNPF. The letters state that there will be options for TWU members. I feel these options will be lumped in with other negotiated items as a package deal, typical politics, and presented to the membership for a vote. "You have to vote it in to see what's in it" comes to mind. In an era of open ended contract language this would not surprise me. I hope I am wrong.
Dont see anything as far as options in the letter I have. In addition to what I quoted above it says :

TWU and IAM further agree to give priority to reaching agreement in negotiations with the New American Airlines on a defined benefit pension with the IAMNPF for the Mechanic and Related, Fleet Service and Stores employees. 

So the only ones that may have options from what I'm reading would be Dispatch, Sim Tech, Pilot Instructors etc. 

700UW said:
So then why was he removed from office?
I know why, do you?
Yes I was removed by Sonny Hall and Jim Little, and the members elected me twice before removal and three times after. 

700UW said:

No just you, as usual. Its normal for creditors to come in high, kind of what real Union leaders used to do in contract talks, ask for the moon and settle for gains, now they ask for nothing and settle for concessions, even when the company is raking in billions, like the IAMs latest deal with the New AA, first Section 6 in a decade with the company raking in billions and they agree to bottom of the industry wages and give away scope to allow us to work on US Aircraft. 

And if you don't think that the BK was a scam then you are way too stupid to be representing anyone. Good thing you are retired. 

Liars like you claim I said that, not surprised you repeat it.  Let me guess whats next "You are a closet AMFA supporter" or "You are Thomas Payne".  

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back