No to the Alliance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
toroshark said:
No representation guarantees my choices at the time of retirement will be free of the endentured servitude of the IAMPF.

Good for you, at least you're thinking everything through......=/

BTW, it's indenture

1AA said:
What this release from the union fails to mention is if the association is voted out and another union is voted in all we lose is the twu and iam as our representatives. That is the law from the nmb. Another scare tactic. Half truths to scare the members into believing the lies and deceitful ways of industrial unionism. I hope we get to vote and have the proper choices given to us.

And what you fail to mention is that there is no other union on the horizon.

The mere fact that AMFA has not been able to get cards signed with the 8 months they've had to prepare is simply mesmerizing. Now, after 50 years of trying at AA you believe they will be able to get more than 50% of the combined workforces. No shot. Absolutely ZERO shot at getting done.

NYer said:
Nowhere in the decision does the word vote appear. This decision is simply to answer the question about whether AA and US have a Single Transportation System and decide Craft and Class designations, which they fulfilled.

To certify the negotiating body is the next step, so after 30 days and once AMFA fails miserably, there will be a vote.

And yes, the unions have stated and implied there will be a vote. For instance on the IAM side they have a Q&A that goes likes this:

Q: Will the members only have two choices when the Alliance election is held?

A: Most likely, yes. When the Association applies for representation the choices will be for the Association or no union, unless an outside union intervenes and appears on the ballot.

OR from the TWU​
 ​
"The first steps that follow the single carrier determination will be elections, at each of the three classes or crafts, that will determine the certification of the TWU/IAM Association for each class or craft. The Association will be certified when it receives a majority of the votes cast."
NYer,

I believe that if the NMB has been told by AA that if no Union intervenes, they will recognize the Alliance, then there would not be a vote. I think that both the TWU and IAM answered those questions assuming AA would not recognize the Association. Just a hunch.

NYer said:

And what you fail to mention is that there is no other union on the horizon.

The mere fact that AMFA has not been able to get cards signed with the 8 months they've had to prepare is simply mesmerizing. Now, after 50 years of trying at AA you believe they will be able to get more than 50% of the combined workforces. No shot. Absolutely ZERO shot at getting done.
Hate to admit it, but your right.  I too was another that was strongly encouraging the organizers to press on and keep all the cards up to date.  Hey maybe they will pull-off a sleeper on everybody, wouldn't that be great?   

saywhat said:
NYer,

I believe that if the NMB has been told by AA that if no Union intervenes, they will recognize the Alliance, then there would not be a vote. I think that both the TWU and IAM answered those questions assuming AA would not recognize the Association. Just a hunch.

Say what?

That's ridiculous.

saywhat said:
NYer,

NYer said:

Say what?

That's ridiculous.
Whats really ridiculous is AA delivering an official maintenance & related roster 
just hours after the Teamsters delivered cards for its "LEGIT" raid.

Funny how things like that happen when AA's favorite union needs a little assistance .

I wonder if I will be harassed this week getting cards signed during my unpaid lunch period.

Has anyone else noticed that the alliance talks to the media, but not to the membership.

Has the alliance said what kind of contract they're going to negotiate for us?

1) high paying jobs - Boeing Seattle way

2) lots of lower paying jobs - the twu way

bigjets said:
Has anyone else noticed that the alliance talks to the media, but not to the membership.

Has the alliance said what kind of contract they're going to negotiate for us?

1) high paying jobs - Boeing Seattle way

2) lots of lower paying jobs - the twu way
I bet I can guess which one.

In the past American has always relied on their ability to negotiate with the strength of the Defined Benefit Retirement Plan. With that now a 401k matching fund that is sub standard to the rest of the industry, now is the time to negotiate for a higher wage and a larger matching percent.

Buck said:
In the past American has always relied on their ability to negotiate with the strength of the Defined Benefit Retirement Plan. With that now a 401k matching fund that is sub standard to the rest of the industry, now is the time to negotiate for a higher wage and a larger matching percent.
The FAs got a 9.9% match, we need to get at least that much.

How about the skilled employee group known as the pilots who receive a 17% CONTRIBUTION while the other skilled work group, Aircraft Technicians get a 5.5% MATCH. You get what your union negotiates not what you deserve. Thank you TWU. The alliance will further separate us from what we should have since we just got thrown into a larger pile of turd. It's all about Class and Craft union representation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back