No to the Alliance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[SIZE=14pt]This is an excerpt from a post July Steward Training posting titled[/SIZE]​
 ​
[SIZE=14pt]Shop Steward Association Training[/SIZE]​
 ​
[SIZE=14pt]Some very important steps on our near future will be the vote on the Association and then the Harmonizing of the two CBA’s. The Association vote will be the same as any representation vote if the Association isn’t voted we would lose our current CBA. With no CBA we become “At Will Employees”. That means you can be fired for no reason. You lose all your negotiated rights of pay, seniority, transfers, and riff procedures’, just to name a few.[/SIZE]

Buck, this association will tell the members whatever they WANT to hear in order to remain the representing body of the new AA.  As I have said from the very beginning, do not trust what these two unions (TWU/IAM) tells you unless they provide answers to your questions by letter head and signed. Q and A's mean absolutely nothing and prove NOTHING.  You all will get exactly what you you deserve if you guys vote (if givin the chance) to bring in this combined TWU/IAM association into the new AA.  The two worst unions in the business...

I will say that in my area in Tulsa, the resign of cards is going quite well...

Thanks but the union is putting out info assuming what the nmb thinks they want them to do. In the meantime we need to sign cards. Scare tactics. They better be careful because so many are pissed off that a no union vote may happen if the ballot is as the union says. What they fail to say on the issue of ballot choices if we say no association then what will happen? All assume we have no union representation. I say association goes down in flames and we are back to twu vs iam. Then comes the next step under nmb rules. NMB always allows choices other than a take it or leave it as the association is trying scare us into. Let's not wait and see what will happen. Sign them cards without questioning why. We should all know the why's by now.

AMFA Organizers and others have started again to collect cards throughout the system.

The NMB has ruled and has said that if No other union shows an interest the TWU/IAM Association will represent us going forward.

What do any of you know about this association?

What have your Local reps said good or Bad?

Has the IAM done a good job for YOU?

Has the TWU done what you needed them to do for your class and craft?

So many questions, well now it's up to you. This could be your last chance to have a voice, 
A say as to what happens with the next contract.

Look at CAL/UAL same union and still no JCBA, its been yrs. Do you think the IAM or TWU are just going to give up power to either, with our best interest in Mind?

At this point no matter what the anti amfa movement says or even the amfa organizers say either, YOU are the one who will have to make the decision Association or NOT.

Keep begging for cards from the 10 mechanics that read this board.

You havent been able to do it in 50 years, and in the last year.

You know what the definition of insanity is?

Doing the same behavior over and over and expecting different results.

700UW said:

700UW I am NOT begging for cards or even collecting this time, I have come to realise that the AA and US guys don't really care. They as a group would rather work all they can to make 100K by living at work no matter what the TWU or IAM do they hate both but are not willing to do anything to make a change.

What's  insane is you saying that you walked away from the industry, are no longer working in any capacity for the IAM or USAir but you have 32k post most of all of them negatively rcvd by most here and yet you still post. 

AMFA is for mechanics, all of them GSE/Facilities/Aircraft/Utility you were no more than a stock clerk which by the nmb has no say in that class and craft even though at US they were part of M&R.

This Association is going to hurt more union members than it helps. No Matter what you say.

I plan on being gone before all this is said and done, I have tried to rid AA of the TWU for 17 yrs, and have failed. The AA mechanics as a group just don't care. The TWU has taught them the I GOT MINE way and that is so inbred that I don't see that changing. The IAM was a strong leader yrs ago but has pumped the UAL/CAL/NWA/TWA/Eastern/USAir members so much over the yrs NO one cares any longer. It's the way it is and until that mind set changes we as union members in the industry are DOOMED. 

700UW said:

Doing the same thing over and over sounds about like the TWU negotiations for the past 30 years!

So who's is telling the truth? The Q&A from the alliance said we will vote on the alliance. TWU local 591 said we will vote on the alliance. We are all over the place here on this one very important detail. Yes I fully agree on collecting cards. We the membership need the NMB to officially tell us if and when a vote will occur. He said, she said, they said is not doing any one of us any good. Assume the worse and hope for the best.

Buck said:

[SIZE=14pt]This is an excerpt from a post July Steward Training posting titled[/SIZE]​
 ​
[SIZE=14pt]Shop Steward Association Training[/SIZE]​
 ​
[SIZE=14pt]Some very important steps on our near future will be the vote on the Association and then the Harmonizing of the two CBA’s. The Association vote will be the same as any representation vote if the Association isn’t voted we would lose our current CBA. With no CBA we become “At Will Employees”. That means you can be fired for no reason. You lose all your negotiated rights of pay, seniority, transfers, and riff procedures’, just to name a few.[/SIZE]

I apologize buddy but I still don't see your point. I have yet to see any case on the NMB archives where a ballot only indicated "yes or no". The NMB manual makes it very clear that IF given a ballot other choices exist. This paste along with your Q&A post perpetuate the ideas being spun by the TWBoo campaign. Read the material again and you'll find references to 'most likely', 'a goal is', 'no plan to', which mean they might or might not. Or the phrase 'have agreed to' which pretty much means done without your say. And when an indication is given that the membership will have a say in a matter, we need ask when? When the full context of a T/A has been established and we must decide on the package as a whole and take the bad with the good? Another opinion by many of which I agree is the insistance that we will be given a vote. The feeling by many I've spoken with is that this is just being put out to have a percentage of the membership let their guard down regarding signing any cards and then in 30 days the NMB will just bless the Association since we were unsuccessful in putting together a challenge. On that note you will have the influence to give us the result we need because it will either live or die in TUL.

Buck said:
I will say that in my area in Tulsa, the resign of cards is going quite well...

1AA said:
Thanks but the union is putting out info assuming what the nmb thinks they want them to do. In the meantime we need to sign cards. Scare tactics. They better be careful because so many are pissed off that a no union vote may happen if the ballot is as the union says. What they fail to say on the issue of ballot choices if we say no association then what will happen? All assume we have no union representation. I say association goes down in flames and we are back to twu vs iam. Then comes the next step under nmb rules. NMB always allows choices other than a take it or leave it as the association is trying scare us into. Let's not wait and see what will happen. Sign them cards without questioning why. We should all know the why's by now.
Good to hear.  I do agree with your statement about the scare tactic that a no vote for the association would leave you guys non-union.  I too believe it would come down to the TWU/IAM ran by the NMB. But lets avoid all that and get AMFA on the ballot, this way the membership will not have to be scared or forced into this association.  Keep up the good work guys, don't give up, stick in there for the 5-15-15 date.  If not then you will concede to accepting this BS association...

700UW said:

Hey 700UW, did you sign some sort of agreement with the devil?  There is nothing beneficial to the AMTs at AA by allowing this unholy association of the TWU & IAM to become a reality.  You are one sick SOB.  Karma will catch up with you! 

1AA said:
So who's is telling the truth? The Q&A from the alliance said we will vote on the alliance. TWU local 591 said we will vote on the alliance. We are all over the place here on this one very important detail. Yes I fully agree on collecting cards. We the membership need the NMB to officially tell us if and when a vote will occur. He said, she said, they said is not doing any one of us any good. Assume the worse and hope for the best.
I kind of believe anything from the Association/TWU/IAM about getting a vote to the membership is purely a smokescreen to give the appearance of a democratic process. When the NMB decides the Ass is certified without any vote they will simply shrug their shoulders and say we didn't decide and we wanted to give you a vote.

700UW said:

Funny thing is that was exactly what the IAM was saying at UAL .... right up to the day they were decertified.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back