merger could come in 2 weeks

ACTUALLY THEYRE SAYIN MAY BE TUE OR LATER IN THE WEEK NEXT WEEK
DALLASNEWS AND WSJ

Well, now it's official. Mika Brzezinski just mentioned the merger on Morning Joe, and showed the newspaper headline that say Parker will be CEO, and Horton will have a non-executive role.

If Mika says it, it MUST be true!

http://www.wfaa.com/...-190101971.html

American Airlines merger expected next week

by JASON WHITELY
Bio | Email | Follow: @jasonwhitely

DALLAS – After more than a year of talks, a merger between American Airlines and US Airways will likely be announced next week, sources tell News 8.

"The economics make so much sense. They're so compelling that I think the creditors and the boards of both companies said 'let's get this done it will be good for everybody," said Mark Drusch, an executive with Fareportal, who also held high-ranking positions with Continental, Delta and Lufthansa.

The board of directors of AMR Corp., American's parent company, will meet on Monday to consider a combination, News 8 has learned.

It is done, US stock should be near $16 by the end of the day as that represents the merger value with sharehoklders getting 28% of the new company.

Front line employees have the least worries the people that need to worry are back off ice folks on PHX, PIT and CLT.

It is done, US stock should be near $16 by the end of the day as that represents the merger value with sharehoklders getting 28% of the new company.

Front line employees have the least worries the people that need to worry are back off ice folks on PHX, PIT and CLT.
back off ice?

back office, I think. Accountants, planners, etc. Though, I think that the statement that frontline employees have nothing to worry about is rather optimistic. When duplicated flights start being eliminated, I doubt that the "redeployment of people assets" will work out to one-to-one.

[sub]Yes back office, non front line employees. [/sub]
[sub]I think managers and directors at AMR have a lot to worry about and I think accountants, analyst, etc, at US have a lot to worry about.[/sub]

Well, good luck to everyone..This will be mama's 4th uniform, she should probably hang them in alphabetical order....

I don't see WN getting involved with another merger given where they are with lingering AT one. The AB fleet would also complicate issues for WN with them striving to keep an all 737 fleet.

Not so quick my friend. I have stated on other forums that SWA is looking at F9. The reason, soooo much cheaper than first offer. I can see a future purchase of F9. The employees? Well, they will probably not be part of the deal this time. (the pilots should have taken the first deal) SWA will sell off the AB fleet. And pretty much only getting them for their routes, gates, property (hangers), any slots at big ports, and of course an instant growth spirt at Denver. SWA wants Denver to be huge. They are putting more mechanic slots in there now. SWA wanted this current merger over quickly so they could focus on W/A going away in 2014 as well as future growth in other hot spots and Denver is one of thoses hot spots. Not garrenteeing this will happen b/c we have also heard of some pretty strong rumers of a SWA/AS hook up, just not too sure if SWA would want to go thru the employee integration part again. One thing I will tell you is it will get very, very interesting for SWA thru the next few years into and beyond 2016.

Not so quick my friend. I have stated on other forums that SWA is looking at F9. The reason, soooo much cheaper than first offer. I can see a future purchase of F9. The employees? Well, they will probably not be part of the deal this time. (the pilots should have taken the first deal) SWA will sell off the AB fleet. And pretty much only getting them for their routes, gates, property (hangers), any slots at big ports, and of course an instant growth spirt at Denver. SWA wants Denver to be huge. They are putting more mechanic slots in there now. SWA wanted this current merger over quickly so they could focus on W/A going away in 2014 as well as future growth in other hot spots and Denver is one of thoses hot spots. Not garrenteeing this will happen b/c we have also heard of some pretty strong rumers of a SWA/AS hook up, just not too sure if SWA would want to go thru the employee integration part again. One thing I will tell you is it will get very, very interesting for SWA thru the next few years into and beyond 2016.

WN was once lean and mean, but with mergers, fleet uniformity is lost and cost advantages seem to erode.

I wonder how the new corporation will be set up? Will AMRQ fall into US Airways Group INC? Or will US Airways group fall into the NEW AMR?

History Last Merger: US Airways Group operates US Airways, along with its subsidiaries PSA Airlines, Inc. and Piedmont Airlines, Inc., which are wholly owned but marketed under the branding of US Airways Express. It merged with America West Holdings Corporation, parent of America West Airlines, in 2005, but the combined company adopted the better-known US Airways name; the two airlines' operating certificates merged in 2007. It also operates additional companies that provide associated services. ACE Aviation Holdings, the Canadian parent of Air Canada retains a roughly 6.1% investment stake in the US Airways Group of airlines.

On September 12, 2004, US Airways Group and most of its subsidiaries filed for bankruptcy protection for the second time in three years. US Airways Group and the aforementioned subsidiaries, including US Airways, emerged from Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection with the help $125 million equity investment from Air Wisconsin's parent company Air Wisconsin Airlines Corporation [1][sup][dead link][/sup] on September 27, 2005, in connection with the completion of its merger with America West Holdings Corporation.

On May 19, 2005, US Airways Group announced that it would merge with Tempe, Arizona-based America West Holdings Corporation, whose strength in the West would complement US Airways' routes in the Northeast, Europe, and the Caribbean. At the time of announcement, plans called for the new entity to retain the US Airways brand, its Dividend Miles frequent flyer program, and participation in the Star Alliance (subject to the approval of partner United Airlines); however, it would be headquartered at America West's corporate offices and America West executives and board members would be in control of the merged company. The merger was completed on September 27, 2005.

http://en.wikipedia....S_Airways_Group

Frontier just announced outsourcing off all above and below the wing at every station they fly to except DEN and they are looking at outsourcing DEN also.

Back