Mechanic & Related Mediation

bigbear52

May 9, 2011
TWU and AA are scheduled to meet in Tulsa, May 9-13, 2011.

http://aa.twu.org/Default.asp

One week of negotiations, can they make some progress on the open atricles?

for what it`s worth

AA Management did agree to present formal counter proposals on all the open Articles at our
next mediation session. We will discuss their counter proposals and they agreed that based
upon those discussions they will present full text counter proposals on all open articles by the
end of the week. The Mediator has designated May 9-13, 2011 in Tulsa, OK as the next
scheduled dates and location for the Maintenance and Related mediated sessions.

for what it`s worth

AA Management did agree to present formal counter proposals on all the open Articles at our
next mediation session. We will discuss their counter proposals and they agreed that based
upon those discussions they will present full text counter proposals on all open articles by the
end of the week. The Mediator has designated May 9-13, 2011 in Tulsa, OK as the next
scheduled dates and location for the Maintenance and Related mediated sessions.

I'm sure they did agree to formally present counter proposals, but how long does it take for the company and its union to tell the membership to go to hell? That's going to be the net effect of anything "accomplished" and it's been almost a full week already.

I really wish things weren't this way but ...

I'm sure they did agree to formally present counter proposals, but how long does it take for the company and its union to tell the membership to go to hell? That's going to be the net effect of anything "accomplished" and it's been almost a full week already.

I really wish things weren't this way but ...
AWW, Frank don`t ya just love the suspense,lol

AWW, Frank don`t ya just love the suspense,lol

What suspense? Things seem to be progressing rather predictably towards the preordained end. Today could be, "Well brothers, this is the best we can do for you, even though we got ours and you didn't - you might get 'em next time but until then, we've got ours."

Indeed.

As an aside, I found a T-Shirt for you and others who were in that other branch of my Navy: :p :p

USMC T-Shirt Link

What suspense? Things seem to be progressing towards the preordained end. Today will be, "Well brothers, this is the best we can do for you, even though we got ours and you didn't - you might get 'em next time but until then, we've got ours."

Indeed.

As an aside, I found a T-Shirt for you and others who were in that other branch of the Navy:

USMC T-Shirt Link
Early voting on the yet to be released TA, indicates three YES votes, these two guys and Informer.

Just as we expected
Throughout these negotiations, and into mediation, each time the union makes a proposal, management in return gives the union a regressive counter proposal. At the April session, management indicated they wanted to use the failed Tentative Agreement as the basis towards addressing the concerns of the members. However, instead of moving towards us, they introduced new concessions
http://aa.twu.org/Default.asp

I don't think we are getting a T/A today.

Well, we didn't get a TA today...... Big surprise. There goes another week wasted. The mediator doesn't want to release the parties to self help just yet, he thinks a deal can be reached. LOL The mediator wants to meet again in June - sound familiar? Thank you TWU for putting us in this money losing position. Thankyou NMB for showing how UN-biased you are LOL! Thank you AA leadership for screwing the employees out of reasonable pay increases, and benefits for the last 8 years.

“The TWU members of Titles I and II at AMR/American Airlines, through their union leadership, respectfully request the mediator to release the parties from mediation and place them on the "clock".
Our members have bargained in good faith for over three years and have worked diligently in attempting to reach an agreement through direct Section 6 talks. Regrettably a final ratified agreement has not been achieved.
Given the great length of time that has passed without yielding agreement between the parties, we respectfully submit it is in the best interest of our members , the carrier, the passengers and the nation to go forward utilizing the next steps of dispute resolution under the RLA. Such successor steps are designed to hopefully lead to an accord.
We seek your consideration of this request. Thank you.”
The mediator responded directly to the M&R Negotiating Committee stating that he will not recommend a release at this time. He further noted that these discussions have not reached that point and that he believed that the parties were still able to reach an amicable agreement. He assigned the next mediation date of June 13-17 for the parties to meet the location is TBD.
Stay informed.
The M&R Negotiating Committee appreciates your patience and support as we work toward an agreement.

Its time either sign a card or start looking at airplanes with a magnifying glass. Anyone been to the EWIS class yet. Look in any 37 wheel well and tell me how much wiring needs to be cleaned. Sounds like a perfect way to start the day. We fly at dawn LOL

Well, we didn't get a TA today...... Big surprise. There goes another week wasted. The mediator doesn't want to release the parties to self help just yet, he thinks a deal can be reached. LOL The mediator wants to meet again in June - sound familiar? Thank you TWU for putting us in this money losing position. Thankyou NMB for showing how UN-biased you are LOL! Thank you AA leadership for screwing the employees out of reasonable pay increases, and benefits for the last 8 years.
maybe, just maybe.....it's time to ratchet it up a bit? we need to send the union, NMB, and AA a message to stop playing games with OUR livlihoods.

What suspense? Things seem to be progressing rather predictably towards the preordained end. Today could be, "Well brothers, this is the best we can do for you, even though we got ours and you didn't - you might get 'em next time but until then, we've got ours."

Indeed.

As an aside, I found a T-Shirt for you and others who were in that other branch of my Navy: :p :p

USMC T-Shirt Link
<_< -------"Next time"? And when will that be?-------2021??? :blink:

Back