If we get laid off guess were really screwed with this new non bumping clause.

When you were laid off in 2003 you were given a choice to bump, but not the station that, I am assuming you wanted to bump to. Just because there were junior people in DFW, dose not mean that according to the "juniority list" that those individuals were the lowest in the system and next in line to being bumped. Remember it goes by senority, those people in JFK, Bos, ORD, might have been junior to those in DFW, so those more junior people would be subject to bumping not the DFW AMTs.

Looking at the current Contract book, I can't find reference to a 10% limit in regards to bumping at all. I don't have any of the older agreements, but like I stated, I never heard of a 10% cap. The only cap will be, if it is not removed from the current contract, is Station and System protection. So if the company asks a judge to disallow bumping, oh well, but I have not seen anything in official writing that states that the company wants to stop bumping. Like I always say, show me in writing.
By stating that there is a 10% limit and it cannot be change without a letter of agreement from the union, is similar to stating that the company cannot perform a virtual bump.If neither are in the contract, how is the union going to stop the company from doing what it wants?

By stating that there is a 10% limit and it cannot be change without a letter of agreement from the union, is similar to stating that the company cannot perform a virtual bump.If neither are in the contract, how is the union going to stop the company from doing what it wants?

I don't understand your reply. In my post, I never stated that there is a 10% limit, I stated that I have never heard of it, never seen it and it is not in the current labor agreement. I don't know what a "virtual bump" is, so I can't comment on that, but it is called out on the 1113(c) term sheet and if the judge allows it, then we have no choice. From all of the things that are floating around, the 1113(c) term sheets the company put out is what the company wants and I am assuming what will be put in front of a judge, if the TWU can't come to a mutual agreement with the company. If the judge allows those changes, those specific things only are what will change in our current labor agreement, if our contract is abrogated, then I guess anything goes. I hope someone that has gone through all of this crap before chimes in and sets us all straight.

There has not been one layoff that this company does right! Someone always gets shafted I've seen it first hand.. I've been told that there is a new line test coming out and it's going to be harder to pass.. I tend to believe this is true the company doesn't want to disrupt its line operations plus it cost them money to train , airport I'd, background chech you name it... I'm sure there will be some bumping but not the extent everyone thinks... Someone will get the shaft watch and see

There has not been one layoff that this company does right! Someone always gets shafted I've seen it first hand.. I've been told that there is a new line test coming out and it's going to be harder to pass.. I tend to believe this is true the company doesn't want to disrupt its line operations plus it cost them money to train , airport I'd, background chech you name it... I'm sure there will be some bumping but not the extent everyone thinks... Someone will get the shaft watch and see

1. The problem with any city or state efforts to save jobs at American Airlines is that the people making the decisions at American Airlines don't want to save those jobs. They've already decided those jobs have to go.

Borrowed from another source.

1. The problem with any city or state efforts to save jobs at American Airlines is that the people making the decisions at American Airlines don't want to save those jobs. They've already decided those jobs have to go.

Borrowed from another source.
exactly!!!! AA wants out if the overhaul business

I don't understand your reply. In my post, I never stated that there is a 10% limit, I stated that I have never heard of it, never seen it and it is not in the current labor agreement. I don't know what a "virtual bump" is, so I can't comment on that, but it is called out on the 1113(c) term sheet and if the judge allows it, then we have no choice. From all of the things that are floating around, the 1113(c) term sheets the company put out is what the company wants and I am assuming what will be put in front of a judge, if the TWU can't come to a mutual agreement with the company. If the judge allows those changes, those specific things only are what will change in our current labor agreement, if our contract is abrogated, then I guess anything goes. I hope someone that has gone through all of this crap before chimes in and sets us all straight.

First I thought you indicated the 10% limit. Ok drop that. The virtual bump is a mechanic and related bump process for an online process to prevent churn or bump and roll. One bump and you are done.

AA could get the facilities for free and they still would farm it out!!! The twu should have made a deal with the company years ago to turn tul into an mro, only srps there the a&ps to the line...

That is not what it says. They might want to outsource the line maintenance. Now what I think it says, is that TUL will stay open because it meets the company's needs today.

Those who making the decision to layoff have a number within the process that is not flexible.

That is not what it says. They might want to outsource the line maintenance. Now what I think it says, is that TUL will stay open because it meets the company's needs today.

Those who making the decision to layoff have a number within the process that is not flexible.
Yes keep thinking that they are outsourcing the line obviously you have no clue how an airline runs

AA could get the facilities for free and they still would farm it out!!! The twu should have made a deal with the company years ago to turn tul into an mro, only srps there the a&ps to the line...

AA gets TUL for free and the TWU will ensure first that jobs then the quality of those jobs.

The only thing the line is going to get from.the TWU is maybe a line premium and possibly Geo pay.

Yes keep thinking that they are outsourcing the line obviously you have no clue how an airline runs
I knew I had something in common with the TWU and now the executives at American Airlines. One thing I am pretty sure of, is that I do have some experience as to how the TWU operates. All I am saying is that do not be surprised at any outcome.

Sure I've seen the screwups with prior RIFs, but I will disagree with your call of not many will bump. I for one think that many will. Look at the senority of those people that are going to be affected by the RIF. Most are and I'm guessing, approx 50 years of age and less, maybe a few that are older. With that said, I don't think that many of them are secure in their finances enough to leave the company outright. In this economy not all will be able to secure a new job at their current rates of pay and possibly not having medical coverage to boot. So if those conditions I listed above applied to you and you were the sole bread winner and you had a wife and kids, or if your wife did work but not at a high rate of pay, what would you do, leave or bump? If it were me I'd be bumping.

Sure I've seen the screwups with prior RIFs, but I will disagree with your call of not many will bump. I for one think that many will. Look at the senority of those people that are going to be affected by the RIF. Most are and I'm guessing, approx 50 years of age and less, maybe a few that are older. With that said, I don't think that many of them are secure in their finances enough to leave the company outright. In this economy not all will be able to secure a new job at their current rates of pay and possibly not having medical coverage to boot. So if those conditions I listed above applied to you and you were the sole bread winner and you had a wife and kids, or if your wife did work but not at a high rate of pay, what would you do, leave or bump? If it were me I'd be bumping.

On the fleet service side i think your gonna see plenty of senior folks either quit or take the furlough when they see the only station with openings or lowest seniority guys is JFK or MIA. When all these 20 plus stations get outsourced everybody is hoping to get DFW, but it's not gonna happen that way. I tend to think that AA can manipulate things..ex They can hand out RIF's to the 30 FSC's in HNL and give them JFK as their only option. How many will actually go to JFK or quit...i think many will quit and go to work for the outsource company at HNL. No need for a expensive buyout package, just scare or piss off enough guys to leave the company.

I knew I had something in common with the TWU and now the executives at American Airlines. One thing I am pretty sure of, is that I do have some experience as to how the TWU operates. All I am saying is that do not be surprised at any outcome.

Yep......and I'm sure they're hard at it, trying to figure out a way to screw line maintenance, you know, the ones that continually want to dump the TWU by popular demand(but cant for reasons everyone on this board knows)in order to preserve the masses(read: revenue stream)-and get AA to bite.(won't happen IMO)
This is the TWUs worse nightmare. IMO, they will end up being road kill eventually at AA. If OH goes the way of the holla hoop, line maint will dump the TWU in a heartbeat.
How sweet..........but at a hefty cost. :-/

Back