Hp And Usair Ceo's Backhand Slap Apfa, Apa And Aa

Wild Onion said:
Actually, it's a lot different than most terrorist organizations. That is disrespectful to those who have lost their lives and their families.
[post="274605"][/post]​
Actually, the effect is the same. Families are broken up and people have to move around to find new work, if they can. Some people after losing a job do not make it at all. It causes a lot of heart ache and depression in people much like a terrorist group would.

The disrespectful part is the poor treatment of the laid off people no matter the company. These people just want to work again.

acmech said:
Actually, the effect is the same. Families are broken up and people have to move around to find new work, if they can. Some people after losing a job do not make it at all. It causes a lot of heart ache and depression in people much like a terrorist group would.

The disrespectful part is the poor treatment of the laid off people no matter the company. These people just want to work again.
[post="274609"][/post]​

I would rather be the spouse or child of a furloughed pilot or FA, than the spouse or child of someone stuck in one of the WTC towers. I think that you're understating the effects of terrorism. I'm quite sure that there are many NYC families that would gladly pack up and move just about anywhere for the return of their loved one.

I respect your points about the effect of seniority intergration, but I think a different analogy might better suit your argument.

aafsc said:
It would be unfair for a long term HP employee, whose company is not on the edge of extinction, to be displaced by a furloughed US employee, whose company will die without this transaction.

WHAT BS!! MANY airlines have been close to extinction, including AWA. And let us NOT forget CAL, who everyone was just waiting to die. I know I will be criticized (like I care), but the f/a's will be given date of hire....period. You can put up fences for 10 years. I could care less but bylaws ARE bylaws. US gave Piedmont, PSA, and Trunp DOH. There is NO judge in this country that would give anything different than DOH after those transactions, so build those fences high and get over it. :down: :down: <_<

firstamendment said:
aafsc said:
It would be unfair for a long term HP employee, whose company is not on the edge of extinction, to be displaced by a furloughed US employee, whose company will die without this transaction.
WHAT BS!! MANY airlines have been close to extinction, including AWA. And let us NOT forget CAL, who everyone was just waiting to die. I know I will be criticized (like I care), but the f/a's will be given date of hire....period. You can put up fences for 10 years. I could care less but bylaws ARE bylaws. US gave Piedmont, PSA, and Trunp DOH. There is NO judge in this country that would give anything different than DOH after those transactions, so build those fences high and get over it. :down: :down: <_<
[post="274651"][/post]​
Would a fence between US and HP prevent a 25 year US employee from throwing an 10 year HP employee on the street? I would think so. So a fence would prevent the destruction of the HP employees. TW mechanic and ramp got DOH in their bases and hubs but there seniority is date of acquisition (DOA) of 4/10/01 in the AA bases and hubs. Of course they are upset because they did not get DOH everywhere.

You are so against stapling. But doesn't DOH for US people automatically mean "staple" for HP folks. That is why I suggest a fence.

L1011Ret said:
Not a single F/A is employed. Probably the most destructive labor integration ever accomplished. Not too much different than terrorist organizations.
[post="274564"][/post]​
What a dumb statement. How can you compare losing a life to losing a job? And even using your perverted logic, if the TWA F/As got their TW seniority at AA, would not the AA flight attendants have been the "terror victims" when the TWA F/As used their TW seniority to effectively staple the AA F/As and throw many out onto the street in addition to taking the best routes (DFW-HNL, DFW-NRT. etc.)?

Thank you for your compliments. One does not have to kill people to terrorize them. All it takes is the hatred of a AFPA BOD meeting where members stand and scream, "Staple them, staple them." And as for the second part of your ignorance, TWAers never asked for DOH.

L1011Ret said:
Thank you for your compliments. One does not have to kill people to terrorize them. All it takes is the hatred of a AFPA BOD meeting where members stand and scream, "Staple them, staple them." And as for the second part of your ignorance, TWAers never asked for DOH.
[post="274727"][/post]​

If the TWAers never asked for DOH, then why do the ground employees have a lawsuit going when they GOT DOH in STL and MCI but not in DFW,ORD,MIA, etc. The fact is they are not satisfied to have DOH in the cities they brought to the table, they want it in AA hubs and bases also. So this proves beyond all doubt they want DOH systemwide. They refuse to be satisfied with the arbitrators decision and with what they have. They want to fight, so be it. The ground employeess have 1 lawsuit left.

I'm sure the TWA F/A were fearing for their lives when the AA F/As demanded that the APFA do it's legal duty and protect it's dues paying members instead of F/As from another airline. When the TWA people got laid off on the ramp where I worked, not one AAer openly gloated about it. The TWA people getting laid off were treated exactly the same way the nAAtives were treated when they got laid off. I work/worked with nAAtives who have been victims of TWAers in the 25% cities. They told me that the TWAers loudly and proudly voiced extreme pleasure at the fact that they could use 25% of their TWA seniority to bump them and others out. So everyone can see the difference in attitude between the 2 groups.

Their legal duty to protect the native F/As is understandable. But they went way beyond that and used them as furlough fodder. If the two airlines had stayed separate entities with TWA F/As flying the aircraft that yet remain at AA such an arrangement would have been relatively fair. Instead the AA F/As are flying those aircraft and have every job the TWA f/as brought to the merger. No, it was a giant injustice.

L1011Ret said:
Their legal duty to protect the native F/As is understandable. But they went way beyond that and used them as furlough fodder. If the two airlines had stayed separate entities with TWA F/As flying the aircraft that yet remain at AA such an arrangement would have been relatively fair. Instead the AA F/As are flying those aircraft and have every job the TWA f/as brought to the merger. No, it was a giant injustice.
[post="274983"][/post]​
Even if the APFA decided to tag TW F/As with former TW aircraft, the TWA F/As would be doing the same thing the TWA ground people are doing now, filing lawsuits and grievences to get DOH systemwide. As I said before TWA ground got DOH at their hub and ALL of the nAAtive rampers at STL are GONE and the TWA ground people are still not satisfied. Since it was winner take all and the TWA F/As have lost, now they will accept something less than DOH. The same would have been true for the TWA ground people if they had been stapled.

aafsc said:
What a dumb statement. How can you compare losing a life to losing a job? And even using your perverted logic, if the TWA F/As got their TW seniority at AA, would not the AA flight attendants have been the "terror victims" when the TWA F/As used their TW seniority to effectively staple the AA F/As and throw many out onto the street in addition to taking the best routes (DFW-HNL, DFW-NRT. etc.)?
[post="274698"][/post]​
<_< This one's for you Bob!!! A senior employee here at MCI, who is taking the "stand in sted", was overheard when asked how he liked working at MCI ?" Answeered: "As an exTWA employee, here at MCI, and a member of the TWU, it's akin to a group of black people, being forced to pay Union dues to the Klu Klux Klan!!!!" I think he meant it as a joke, but how true it is!!!! :down:

<_< 500+ Going out the door here at MCI, next week, and nobody in the TWU gives a SH#T!!!! :down:

MCI transplant said:
<_< This one's for you Bob!!! A senior employee here at MCI, who is taking the "stand in sted", was overheard when asked how he liked working at MCI ?" Answeered: "As an exTWA employee, here at MCI, and a member of the TWU, it's akin to a group of black people, being forced to pay Union dues to the Klu Klux Klan!!!!" I think he meant it as a joke, but how true it is!!!! :down:
[post="275043"][/post]​
Well, unlike a black person in the South before the 1970s, this senior employee got his case presented before a neutral arbitrator and the arbitrator ruled.

MCI transplant said:
<_< 500+ Going out the door here at MCI, next week, and nobody in the TWU gives a SH#T!!!! :down:
[post="275044"][/post]​
They don't care when nAAtives get shown the door either.

aafsc:

Integrating by D-O-H does not equate to a staple for America West people. There are a fair amout of US employees who were hired after 1983 and many of the former PI people have seniority dates of mid 1980''s. For all of USAir's mis-steps and blunders over the years, the ONE thing they got right was integrating by D-O-H.

As for the term, acquisition, merger, etc....it's all a play on words. When two companies come together and join forces, integration by D-O-H is the most equitable way to integrate. I worked for PSA, and USAir during both mergers and it all came out in the wash. The flying get inherited as well as the staff.

It is very unfortunate how the AA/TW teams were integrated, and you cannot tell me that having an employee with 30 years of service at TW, who is now out on the street, and a nAAtive with 4-5 years of service still remains employed, is fair. That does not make for equitable integration.

And spare me all the talk about TW's and US's financial condition. It is irrelavant. The point is both carriers had something to bring to the table by the acquiring company.

Tell me, were Air Cal and Trans Carib employees stapled at the bottom as well?

JAMAKE1 said:
aafsc:

Integrating by D-O-H does not equate to a staple for America West people. There are a fair amout of US employees who were hired after 1983 and many of the former PI people have seniority dates of mid 1980''s. For all of USAir's mis-steps and blunders over the years, the ONE thing they got right was integrating by D-O-H.

As for the term, acquisition, merger, etc....it's all a play on words. When two companies come together and join forces, integration by D-O-H is the most equitable way to integrate. I worked for PSA, and USAir during both mergers and it all came out in the wash. The flying get inherited as well as the staff.

It is very unfortunate how the AA/TW teams were integrated, and you cannot tell me that having an employee with 30 years of service at TW, who is  now out on the street, and a nAAtive with 4-5 years of service still remains employed, is fair. That does not make for equitable integration.

And spare me all the talk about TW's and US's financial condition. It is irrelavant. The point is both carriers had something to bring to the table by the acquiring company.

Tell me, were Air Cal and Trans Carib employees stapled at the bottom as well?
[post="275108"][/post]​
<_< Jamake1--- I'm glad to see someone over there that has a level head! It seems the nAAtives over here love to play word games! They're experts at it!!! But the reality of it is that when TWA bought Ozark, the AMTs were dovedailed! Even though they were represented by the dreaded AMFA at the time!Seniority should be the cornerstone of Unionisum! These people don't have a clue as to what that means!!!Good luck to you all in your inergration! Let's hope it turns out better than ours!!!

Back