CLT-PHX A332

The whispers are saying this will not be happening. The IAM took the issue to management and management said they were going to have a vendor do it for that week. Lots of talk, but company decided to scrap the idea.

Whispers?? It's been out of the schedule for two weeks.

Dont let a vendor work it!

Had the vendor been Swissport, Air Wisconsin or Hudson General would the IAM have grieved it with the company or would they look away since it would be other dues payers "in the family" doing the work?

I mean how pathetic of an airline is US if one of their largest hubs and HQ airport isn't capable handling widebody aircraft without vendors? Seriously. Is the A332 a big deal at PHX?

Josh

Had the vendor been Swissport, Air Wisconsin or Hudson General would the IAM have grieved it with the company or would they look away since it would be other dues payers "in the family" doing the work?

I mean how pathetic of an airline is US if one of their largest hubs and HQ airport isn't capable handling widebody aircraft without vendors? Seriously. Is the A332 a big deal at PHX?

Josh
First of all you are clueless.

PHX doenst have the equipment because there arent widebody flights by US into PHX, no reason to spend millions for equipment to sit on the ground and rust.

trolls.gif

Josh

Pretty pathetic IMO. And it is a big deal since the last widebody US worked in PHX was a bulk loaded 767 on a sports charter 2 years ago.

First of all you are clueless.

PHX doenst have the equipment because there arent widebody flights by US into PHX, no reason to spend millions for equipment to sit on the ground and rust.

So we shouldn't let a vendor work it but we also shouldn't be wasting money to keep the equipment around (which we did for years, by the way, until very recently) to allow us to work the flight? Please elaborate.

So we shouldn't let a vendor work it but we also shouldn't be wasting money to keep the equipment around (which we did for years, by the way, until very recently) to allow us to work the flight? Please elaborate.

It's the typical "You're wrong no matter what you say"... Lol....

US has to train their own employees to use the, but as some of the posters on here have stated, that their are employees in PHX who are trained.

And none of the vendors are trained or certified to work a US A330.

Perfect example of how short sided and small minded unions are. What is the union to gain by not allowing the flight? The potentially could gain a lot by allowing it, stupid typical knee jerk reaction from the union.

The IAM doesnt tell US what flights to run or not run, what planes to schedule and what not to schedule.

How short sighted and closed minded you are that a company will actually adhere to a Collective Bargaining Agreement covered under Federal Law to abide by it?

Let Dougie fire you and replace you with a vendor.

And it being FSA covered work is no secret, its been that way since 1999.

It would benefit you a lot if you actually took the time to educate yourself.

And you are the one who is being stupid, buy trying to circumvent a legal binding contract between US and the IAM.

Get real.

Perfect example of how short sided and small minded unions are. What is the union to gain by not allowing the flight? The potentially could gain a lot by allowing it, stupid typical knee jerk reaction from the union.

Really? What's your job function? How would you like it if the company brought in a temp agency to do some of your work instead of having you perform it? We have people capable of doing the job in PHX, and its their work period.
Please think before you post.

Dumb analogy, if my department brought in a temp agency to do a job I currently do not do or have the tools to do I wouldn't care and if that later led to it becoming a permant duty in our dpeartment than eventually we might get more jobs, training and tools.

Please think before you post/ oh I forgot the union tells you what to think never mind....

kind of irrelivent since the company wised up and decided not to sent it there

Back