CLT-PHX A332

Wrong.

They will be flying Virgin Atlantic, they have the contract with the NFL for the charters to London.

US is sending a 767 but its for the families, or reporters, the team is flying VS.

Wrong.

They will be flying Virgin Atlantic, they have the contract with the NFL for the charters to London.

US is sending a 767 but its for the families, or reporters, the team is flying VS.

Well I stand corrected. I see the trip in open time and realized the Steelers are playing in London and thought that's what it was. Perhaps I won't try and pick it up now... Lol.

Btw, you didn't have to be so confrontational with "Wrong". You could have just said what you knew... Guess I should stick to the pilot thread where at least I expect it when I post...

Chock do you guys still have K loaders out there?
No, there are no K loaders in PHX operated by US, although we once serviced BA's 747, but I don't recall the details to ownership or their current location. However, BA is being serviced by a vendor close to US operations, so there is equipment somewhere in the general area of where the US A330 would be parked. Then again, I don't know many in US PHX who are comfortable operating K loaders, although we do have a fair number of former PHL agents. Of course, we could just free load the flight without cans being used on the in-bound and out-bound flights. I recall one of the older LAS guys telling me how they handled the military contract flights on a charter 747s (maybe L-1011s), and it was done without cans... 400 duffle bags later!

No, there are no K loaders in PHX operated by US, although we once serviced BA's 747, but I don't recall the details to ownership or their current location.

There used to be K loaders owned by US, PHX agents were using them to handle the 767 diversions a couple of years ago. US actually spent money to refurbish them for this purpose (they still had the original HP logo and you could see maroon paint in some spots). I think they were sold to SA but I'm not sure.

Then again, I don't know many in US PHX who are comfortable operating K loaders, although we do have a fair number of former PHL agents.

There are still plenty of people around who handled BA, HA, LT, etc back in the day. Also don't forget that a lot of the new part time agents have come from other carriers in PHX like FX, 5X, and DL who use K loaders on a regular basis.

is it possible that may be they will bulk load the 330 and send it on occasion we get a 76 and its always bulk loaded bec we do not have a K loader

Btw, you didn't have to be so confrontational with "Wrong". You could have just said what you knew... Guess I should stick to the pilot thread where at least I expect it when I post...

Does not matter where you post, he will still be condesending as usual....

would that be the cargo bin on the left side of the plane at the rear.... i know its like that on our 76s bec we on occasion will have one even as an ron

I have bulk loaded an L-1011 in the aft bin a few times for a charter outfit, so I don't know why the same couldn't be done on a 330, or any other containerized AC.

Back