Bob owens strike ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
AV 1

just because TWA's planes are newer then AA's, doesn't mean they were in better shape, I'm speaking from experience. First we use to work TWA a/c at ORD before AA bought them, and second seeing the TWA S80's after TUL did the OH.Just because you work in the seat shop doesn't mean you have a vast experience in a/c maint. please learn the difference between new and in good shape, before you open your mouth or attack someone else. <_<

Well, lets see. Working both the line and hangar for over 20 years and before that doing inspections and such on our family 172 since I was about 8, working overhaul on props for years at the local airport probably gives me a little more experience than someone like you.

I just wanted separate contracts, not to have OH spun off. If we ever get $50 an hour it will be because that's what the market is calling for. I was hoping for $43 just like SWA. Now without a pension or retiree medical, I don't see why we won't get that in our contract after BK is over in a few years.

and for the record I was talking about TUL quality of work.
I see, since it seems that I might have misunderstood, you are calling TUL work shoddy at best?

I hate to be the bearer, but I hear that about aircraft that come into TUL. OH can only repair so many deferrals and get the check out on time......

You are right UAL did not have OSMs. What's your point? That they layoffs would have been less if they had OSMs because the labor cost is close to or equal to outsourcing? Isn't that the argument that created OSMs in the first place? That the work would be outsourced if the union did not agree to a lower wage system? Oh I get it, you would rather have jobs outsourced so a smaller group could get higher wages as long as it includes you.

Comparing Boeing to AA? Really? If AA was involved in oligopoly with a few airlines the TWU and AA would love it!
My point is we killed the profession. We put SRPs in place in 1995, through system attrition, our peers held out and six years later 9-11 happened and the airlines used it, and BK to attack their workers. There was no way any carrier could implement an ohm program when the carriers are shrinking. If we all had stayed the same there would have been no need for any carrier to try to meet our lower costs by outsourcing.

By the way, the top four carriers control 70% of the market. That's an oligopoly.

<_< ------ But Boeing ain't in BK Bob!!! As much as I agree with what your saying, the reality is your screwed!!!! The end product ain't going to look pretty for Labor!----- Been there, done that!
Neither is AA, they just filed to reorganize under the code. They filed with $4 billion in cash and $24 billion in revenue.

My point is we killed the profession. We put SRPs in place in 1995, through system attrition, our peers held out and six years later 9-11 happened and the airlines used it, and BK to attack their workers. If we all had stayed the same there would have been no need for any carrier to try to meet our lower costs by outsourcing.

By the way, the top four carriers control 70% of the market. That's an oligopoly.
The slaying of the professionan at AA started before the SRP. It started with Deregulation and for AA it was the 1983 contract that allowed the B-scale.

<_< ------ But Boeing ain't in BK Bob!!! As much as I agree with what your saying, the reality is your screwed!!!! The end product ain't going to look pretty for Labor!----- Been there, done that!
Neither is AA, they just filed to reorganize under the code. They filed with $4 billion in cash and $24 billion in revenue.

I have only good things to say about the x-TWA people including the FSC's, Pilots, F/A's there is no animosity towards the employees. Our hatred for that whole affair was our BOD decision to buy that POS airline. The people are great, but what did AA get from that, 757/767s that we don't have anymore various effectives of S80s that were in poor condition, and a whole lot of debt and pension liabilities. Not to mention a work force that say they would have been better off by themselves. Because a lot of AAers feel we would be in a better position today if AA didn't buy TWA.
<_< ------- Duke, whatever you feel about the TWA deal really doesn't have any bearing on what I was referring to. It is what it is!----- What I was referring to was the fact that for years now the exTWAers have been a nice cushion between the nAAtives, and the street. Now that has changed, because frankly, there aren't that many of them still around. And as time goes by, their numbers will be even less! You'll, for the most part, be looking to go out the door yourselfs! You know the old saying,"what goes around, comes around"?----- Well guess what? --------"Who said life was fair?"

<_< ------ O.K.! Tell that to the Judge! I don't think you realize what your up against!----- But that will change!

And $25 billion plus in expenses (this year) and over $29 billion in debts, liabilities and other obligations. AMR looks bankrupt to most of us, but I realize that working on the inside gives you a special perspective not available to anyone not employed by the company.

Bump. With all the talk of strikes and other job action maybe this will serve as a refresher for some people.

Josh

Owens isn't the sharpest tool in the shed. Personally I wish he would just go away and keep his mouth shut before he also screws up the court case.

BTW, Levine is in a high powered firm with 257 other lawyers. She is a premier BK atty having been involved in in many cases. I would rather have her representing me then Owens. I don't think he's passed the bar HAS HE?

Hell, he probably couldn't pass the LSAT.

The ex-TWAers are working out very well on my dock. In fact they are actually quite skilled. I do not know why you are using them as a scapegoat.

Gotta agree with this one. I have nothing but high praise for the ex-TWAers I have the pleasure of working with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back