Aircraft maint issues

Bob Owens (too bad everything he said was wrong) bad mouthing 2010 TA

At about 1:50 he says by voting yes we are leaving money on the table and this agreement will run 5 years, we voted NO and we left over $150k (and counting everyday) each in cash alone on the table and 8 years later no contract in sight.

Was G.P. part of that AMT think tank? so sure they could get restore and more two years after the largest financial collapse since the Great Depression. The great minds of our time, kind of like the NWA mechs, “they can’t replace us”
So the company asked the NC members to not share the agreement with the membership and the NC complied? Co. only wants the NC to vote on rather to send it out? Then vote "NO" NC and get back to the table. But I still can't fathom the reasons behind keeping the membership in the dark still, pathetic.

That's because their small minded people, that have no idea how business or economics works. You would think Brett the AMFA president that owns his own concrete business in Tulsa, and worked for American Airlines, failed in the AMFA bid at American, could explain labor cost to our group.

You are a pathetic individual. Bret is a standup guy. It sounds like you only care about yourself. Are you one of those people that needs to have labor cost explained to them?????? Sounds like you are taking the companies side again. As far as Bret goes at AA you have no clue what all of us went through and Bret was always there working his ass off. The same thing that he is doing at SWA for your ungrateful ASS.

You are a pathetic individual. Bret is a standup guy. It sounds like you only care about yourself. Are you one of those people that needs to have labor cost explained to them?????? Sounds like you are taking the companies side again. As far as Bret goes at AA you have no clue what all of us went through and Bret was always there working his ass off. The same thing that he is doing at SWA for your ungrateful ASS.
No I am greatful I am tired of AMFA excuses , just like you're tired of the Association excuses. If you want AMFA then do the card drive and vote them in, and quit talking about it.

Last edited:
Do you ever have anything original to add, just start the AMFA card drive at American, and all your dreams will come true, and Parker will give you everything you need!!! :)
Here ya go for original Nutdriver, gimme my money, I want my money, it's been 6 years, money...gimme it, it's been 6 years. Where is my T/A, I want my money, gimme it.

Oh darn, that's you Nutdriver. We here at AA have been locked in a TWU bankruptcy contract for 15 years, except for Dippy Dave's buddy DUI Doug's pay raise in 2016.

You should start a Reamster card drive at SWA, since a full intact contract seems to not satisfy your greed while you wait for a T/A. The Reamsters would have sold out your scope about 6 years ago. Perfect. You could have had your money a long time ago, since that's all you care about.

Here ya go for original Nutdriver, gimme my money, I want my money, it's been 6 years, money...gimme it, it's been 6 years. Where is my T/A, I want my money, gimme it.

Oh darn, that's you Nutdriver. We here at AA have been locked in a TWU bankruptcy contract for 15 years, except for Dippy Dave's buddy DUI Doug's pay raise in 2016.

You should start a Reamster card drive at SWA, since a full intact contract seems to not satisfy your greed while you wait for a T/A. The Reamsters would have sold out your scope about 6 years ago. Perfect. You could have had your money a long time ago, since that's all you care about.
You are pathetic, AMFA just keeps making excuses like they did at Northwest. I would take the Teamsters any day, over this group. You're a big man at American, do your card drive, oh that's right it failed last time.

No I basically said in a nicer way and I’ll put it in quotes for you but shut the hell up talking about it and go and do it. If the “majority” of you wanted it it would be here right now today without any F’n excuses. Shut up and DO IT, DO IT, DO IT!!!!!!

“But if I’m wrong then when are you going to start that Card Drive? You guys have been saying for years that you are? Can I at least see a picture of one of those cards?

Ever heard the story of the boy who cried Wolf. Well in your story the Wolf never came and never will.”

This thread isn't for baggage handlers such as yourself. The card drive will start when it starts.

Doesn’t sound like you have been working at AA for too long. Contracts are never voted on or signed off of bullet points. We will eventually vote on a tentative agreement, if the association and AA can agree on some sort of TA.

Best read the post again. You're pretty much repeating what I posted. 33 years.

This thread isn't for baggage handlers such as yourself. The card drive will start when it starts.
You can start any day. I can tell you this Teamsters won't spend the money unless you are serious. Now on AMFA you can try , but who knows how that will go.

You can start any day. I can tell you this Teamsters won't spend the money unless you are serious. Now on AMFA you can try , but who knows how that will go.
Not true, teamsters spent a hell of a lot of money on the last drive to divert interest away from the AMFA drive. They duplicated and forged cards. This was proven so don't go asking me for proof. And then they pulled out after the filing. It was all planned to keep AMFA off the property and the TWU in place. Our guys were stupid enough to believe the Teamsters crap. So yes they do waste money serious drives or not.

Not true, teamsters spent a hell of a lot of money on the last drive to divert interest away from the AMFA drive. They duplicated and forged cards. This was proven so don't go asking me for proof. And then they pulled out after the filing. It was all planned to keep AMFA off the property and the TWU in place. Our guys were stupid enough to believe the Teamsters crap. So yes they do waste money serious drives or not.

Are you open to suggestions?

So why were the Teamsters able to get United Airlines, why would they not want you dues money. That makes no economic sense.

So why were the Teamsters able to get United Airlines, why would they not want you dues money. That makes no economic sense.
They knocked on everyone's door that was on layoff and made false promises.They had nothing to lose since they where on furlough. That made the difference to get a vote. This info is all out there. Go ask guys at UAL that where there at the time. I was in contact with a few organizers at UAL. You can disagree all you want but that's how it went down.
Teamsters spend money like drunken sailers on weekend leave. No disrespect to the military.

They knocked on everyone's door that was on layoff and made false promises.They had nothing to lose since they where on furlough. That made the difference to get a vote. This info is all out there. Go ask guys at UAL that where there at the time. I was in contact with a few organizers at UAL. You can disagree all you want but that's how it went down.
Teamsters spend money like drunken sailers on weekend leave. No disrespect to the military.
If you didn't get the cards to get 51%. If I remember correctly AMFA got like 8 votes. If you guys wanted AMFA that bad, and you hated the TWU which has been there forever. Who ever was gathering the AMFA cards obviously screwed up. If SWA can kick the Teamsters out in 2 weeks. If you guys are as pissed as you claim you should be able to get the cards. If not it's just wishful thinking. However American is only going to give the contract they want to give. And if you guys have the same mentality as some as a few over at SWA do, it will be a long hard road with AMFA. If you are honestly as pissed as you guys claim you are, I doubt the membership would want to go 6 years or more to produce a T/A in section 6.

Even with the AMFA losses at American why were the Mechanics seeking a way out?

Back