Aircraft maint issues

Yes Buck. They are going thru the AIP with a fine tooth comb. There were almost 20 items that needed to be reverified in detail as the co. was balking on some of the items they previously agreed to in T/A format. Since its been some time ago, I applaud my NC for taking the time to verify everything. BTW; I don't see us having any RS's until the Alaska RS's are done. Our lead nego is an Alaska Airlines mechanic who is also working their contract and I am pretty sure the ND will also attend with him. Just bad luck that both have came out at the same time. I expect dates to be announced some time in June and hopefully even started in June.
Buck I hope you guys can come to an agreement soon. I would hate for you guys to go sec 6. Thx for sharing the video and now they all know why we are waiting, due diligence is at work...

Lol Weaasle ...$&#@+& sorry fell off my chair laughing how u still believe in the TWU...too funny..AMFA did hit a home run...kept existing scope and retro...the TWU can't even put a bat on a ball ...lol..were holding out for scope... guarantee you no retro...and they're gonna cave in on our asks...medical, 7 wks Vaca...pay....amd more..the TWU can't even hold a candle to AMFAs prior contracts...let's be real...maybe as a fsc...not for us amts...

And "little" does he know, as usual, we will have growth. Watch what happens over in Cali with the 4 cities set to start Hawaii. Watch what happens in Hou, where a brand new 6 bay hangars are being built, and there are other cities that will be announced later this year and early next. Our contract will allow the company to grow easier. once again, we have no clue where he gets his info but he has always been wrong most of the time. He also fails to see that we will go to ILC if this current offer is voted in. And I only hope you guys will leapfrog us IF ours gets voted in. Good luck to you guys on your JCBA...

Lol Weaasle ...$&#@+& sorry fell off my chair laughing how u still believe in the TWU...too funny..AMFA did hit a home run...kept existing scope and retro...the TWU can't even put a bat on a ball ...lol..were holding out for scope... guarantee you no retro...and they're gonna cave in on our asks...medical, 7 wks Vaca...pay....amd more..the TWU can't even hold a candle to AMFAs prior contracts...let's be real...maybe as a fsc...not for us amts...

Well welcome aboard there Cletus. That one lonely Contract you’re talking about at SWA is mostly an IBT Contract I’m sorry to inform you.

AMFA was left that agreement sitting on the table when they bought the House and all they’ve ever done since was gain monetary extensions.

Now to be fair if TWU ever takes over that House I would say the same thing about them.

And "little" does he know, as usual, we will have growth. Watch what happens over in Cali with the 4 cities set to start Hawaii. Watch what happens in Hou, where a brand new 6 bay hangars are being built, and there are other cities that will be announced later this year and early next. Our contract will allow the company to grow easier. once again, we have no clue where he gets his info but he has always been wrong most of the time. He also fails to see that we will go to ILC if this current offer is voted in. And I only hope you guys will leapfrog us IF ours gets voted in. Good luck to you guys on your JCBA...

So do you expect to go from 2,500 Mechanics to maybe another 500? 500 would be pretty.

Didn’t I post the other day that TWU has something like 13,000 Baggage Handlers over there.

Can you share a link to how many work in your Class and Craft there? Good slogan for AMFA:

“We maintain good quality well paying jobs, we just don’t have too many of them”

http://www.twu555.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/2018_0526-TWU-Headcount.pdf

I swear Swampy you are bi polar on the SWA page it's not enough for you to vote yes. On this American page AMFA is wonderful and they did a fantastic job, going line by line taking their time to produce a T/A.

I swear Swampy you are bi polar on the SWA page it's not enough for you to vote yes. On this American page AMFA is wonderful and they did a fantastic job, going line by line taking their time to produce a T/A.

I don’t know why he just doesn’t ask some of these people to come over to his page to talk? Ever notice most of these guys never go over there?

I think the Cheerleader is very lonely.

I don’t know why he just doesn’t ask some of these people to come over to his page to talk? Ever notice most of these guys never go over there?

I think the Cheerleader is very lonely.
I think maybe AMFA doesn't have enough help. I mean they have two Airlines SWA and Alaska. They have to take care of Alaska , so that's what is holding up our T/A, that on the 10 th of June will be 60 days. I mean Weazz how does the poor TWU and the IAM, and the Teamsters, handle all these contracts, and all these companies, at the same time. Go Figure?

Last edited:
I think maybe AMFA does have enough help. I mean they have two Airlines SWA and Alaska. They have to take care of Alaska , so that's what is holding up our T/A, that on the 10 th of June will be 60 days. I mean Weazz how does the poor TWU and the IAM, and the Teamsters, handle all these contracts, and all these companies, at the same time. Go Figure?

Size matters.

So do you expect to go from 2,500 Mechanics to maybe another 500? 500 would be pretty.

Didn’t I post the other day that TWU has something like 13,000 Baggage Handlers over there.

Can you share a link to how many work in your Class and Craft there? Good slogan for AMFA:

“We maintain good quality well paying jobs, we just don’t have too many of them”

Well if it were up to the TWU we would add 30,000 jobs and make half the pay..."Strength in numbers"...nice quote...how bout the "will strike if provoked", or the " fill the companys pockets and we're gonna reach in and get ours, next time"...Lol...oh my...the TWU dreamers...Weaasle ..my, my, my...u r a believer....btw what does unicorns, pots o' gold at the end of a rainbow, or a great TWU contract have in common....ill help u...theirs no such thing as unicorns, pots o' gold or a Great TWU contract!!!

Weez can Sito post a link of the LLCers who are no longer with AA and we can compare to the number active?

Josh

Well if it were up to the TWU we would add 30,000 jobs and make half the pay..."Strength in numbers"...nice quote...how bout the "will strike if provoked", or the " fill the companys pockets and we're gonna reach in and get ours, next time"...Lol...oh my...the TWU dreamers...Weaasle ..my, my, my...u r a believer....btw what does unicorns, pots o' gold at the end of a rainbow, or a great TWU contract have in common....ill help u...theirs no such thing as unicorns, pots o' gold or a Great TWU contract!!!

So post the Contract that is so great and ask why Doug Parker has said “straight from the horses mouth” that he’ll give you in a heartbeat any other Contract that’s out there?

Why is the Company pushing to mirror those other agreements there Jethro?

So post the Contract that is so great and ask why Doug Parker has said “straight from the horses mouth” that he’ll give you in a heartbeat any other Contract that’s out there?

In the TWU we believe...

Last edited:

Parker said we can never give you everything the other contracts have...line by line...

In Parker Weaasle believes....can't make this stuff up....

Reactions: 1AA
Parker said we can never give you everything the other contracts have...line by line...

In Parker Weaasle believes....can't make this stuff up....

Yes he did say that. He was talking about our current TWU and IAM AA Contracts though. Watch the video again.

Now again.

So post the Contract that is so great and ask why Doug Parker has said “straight from the horses mouth” that he’ll give you in a heartbeat any other Contract that’s out there? (In the industry)

Back