Aircraft maint issues

As I was leaving work the other morning, I watched a coworker walking a 30+ year guy thru on how to change a tire. Over 30 years as a "mechanic" at AA and the guy had never touched an airplane and he is not the only one! Unbelievable.

I’m not interested in sacrificing pay so we can have mechs that don’t work on airplanes but get paid as if they do. Like moving planes around, I don’t care how that effects my seniority.

31206510_10210654547911430_534339448815440290_n.jpg

I think we are both on the same page actually. I would take the UAL plus 3% also. Like you I don't think we should sacrifice pay for jobs, hasn't worked in the pass won't in the future. I think the Association is an abortion with guys trained to be AMTs FSCs or stock clerks running an organization that was formed because bus drivers ordered it formed, regardless of what the members want.

Here's the problem, UAL outsources 51% of their maintenance and we outsource 33% of our maintenance. I'm guessing that would equal thousands of mechanics, you and I would be fine, but OH mechs and junior mechs would not be so good. The NC promised industry leading meaning HW VC shift diff, the company means it as the most expensive contract, but yet the NC has to worry about scope, and nobody on that NC wants to negotiate away THOUSANDS of jobs.

We support the company doing as much work as possible "in house". The work gets done faster, and with better quality. The quality of the people doing the work - is better as well. The only people working at these shite bag, third party MROs - are the one who were either inexperienced, or damaged goods. That being said, if AA wants to outsource more (huge mistake) it's gonna happen. Once the maintenance vendors know they have these airlines over the barrel in need of heavy maintenance, cause they cut their capability, the rates for their services (sic) will increase dramatically. It's just business.

Don't know what it's gonna take, they have to find some middle ground on outsourcing. Through attrition if they desire. I really don't think they have the luxury of losing new hires. It's too hard to find quality people that can pass a drug screening or background check.

Get that sorted out, and take up Doug on the UAL deal plus 3 percent.

Why not hold out for the promised D or U plus 7% that was promised by Parker originally and then backed down to 3%? You guys more than deserve the extra 4% for the 15 years of BK concessions. I wish you guys the best of luck and I really hope you can leapfrog our current offer on the table that we will soon be voting on. I also hope you guys can keep scope and positions and headcount. Does anyone have any clue on how many mechanics might be affected?

Tulsa gave you more than the SRP's and the massive hiring began in 1983 with the "B-Scale and more.

That's how I remember it too, 1983 was the start of it all. Which now brings it to 35 years.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tedree...to-american-airlines-2018-costs/#3eb1bfc74c4e

Surging Oil Prices Will Add $2.3 Billion To American Airlines' 2018 Costs

OUCH!!! 2.3 "B"illion? Here comes the "how poor we will be in 2018" by the company.

Reactions: 1AA
That's how I remember it too, 1983 was the start of it all. Which now brings it to 35 years.

OUCH!!! 2.3 "B"illion? Here comes the "how poor we will be in 2018" by the company.
Unfortunately that's what happens the guy in the white house will slowly drive up oil prices, depending on what he does with Iran. Now unfortunately we have had a fatality at SWA, they, SWA have already talked about bookings taking a hit. We are hedged for 2018& 2019. However, that's what happens you fight for so long like us to get a descent contract, we kept our scope. Alot of people won't want to take a chance, and take what they have now. Some will roll the dice and hope for more. It sucks but that is the reality of Aviation.

Why not hold out for the promised D or U plus 7% that was promised by Parker originally and then backed down to 3%? You guys more than deserve the extra 4% for the 15 years of BK concessions. I wish you guys the best of luck and I really hope you can leapfrog our current offer on the table that we will soon be voting on. I also hope you guys can keep scope and positions and headcount. Does anyone have any clue on how many mechanics might be affected?

When AA gave us that big raise, that 4% was included in that raise.

AA and the association screwed up by agreeing on that pay raise.

AA could be holding that great raise over the unions head

The association would not agreed to the concession of an 8 year top out and wouldn’t allow us to work on each other’s metal. Plus haveing a pissed off membership.

There would have been motivation on all sides to get something done.

Maybe we should have another AMFA drive, that always seems to motivate the twu and AA to work together to take care of the mechanics.

When AA gave us that big raise, that 4% was included in that raise.

AA and the association screwed up by agreeing on that pay raise.

AA could be holding that great raise over the unions head

The association would not agreed to the concession of an 8 year top out and wouldn’t allow us to work on each other’s metal. Plus haveing a pissed off membership.

There would have been motivation on all sides to get something done.

Maybe we should have another AMFA drive, that always seems to motivate the twu and AA to work together to take care of the mechanics.
You might actually pull it off this time.

I have heard that if the Saudi's do not raise oil to $100 their economy will falter

I have heard that if the Saudi's do not raise oil to $100 their economy will falter
Man, I hope it doesn't get that high again. I think it will continue up for a little while and some other factors will depend just how high it will go. Just don't want to see it hit the 100's per barrel.

I think I remember reading it had to be at $70 per barrell for them to be able to survive.

Forbes says that the Saudi's target price is $80.00 per barrel.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michaellynch/2018/04/26/is-80-oil-the-new-target-price/#16c9210a331e

This is a quote from another article regarding OPEC Oil.

"According to RBC Capital Markets, OPEC’s producers need oil even higher—at an average of $88 a barrel—to balance their public spending this year".

Back