Against Seniority for Non-Rev Travel

But some things are RIGHT for most, so let's vote on it! :D

Agreed - lets vote - each employee gets one vote- thats the fair way - like the previous post - be very careful what you wish for out west - you could very well be wanting to stab needles in your own eyes by the end!!! Think long and think very hard b/c remember who you fly with will likely be senior to you!!

If it has already been determined that the result of a vote would be overwhelmingly in favor for DOH, what would it say if management imposes FCFS? That they are choosing a policy that is not in the best interest of most, and that the heritage circle which represents our history and longevity is a farce.

If it has already been determined that the result of a vote would be overwhelmingly in favor for DOH, what would it say if management imposes FCFS? That they are choosing a policy that is not in the best interest of most, and that the heritage circle which represents our history and longevity is a farce.
That's only been determined by the very small percentage of employees that post on here.

The only choice getting displaced leaves us with is to commute to your new domicile, move there or quit. Moving is not at option for me at this stage of the game, maybe down the road in a few years once my children finish high school. Quitting isn't an option, I love this job plus I have invested nearly 20 yrs into this company. I have taken my licks over the years and being displaced is just another one of those. I will deal with having to commute.

The entire point of this thread is to discuss the pros/cons of each non rev policy. Unfortunatly on the East there are 100's (lots of 100's) of f/a's that have been forced out of their original domiciles. My only point to the FCFS system is if you are commuting to/from work, there should be a higher priority for those people. Only to/from work, in uniform. Not a higher priority to non rev all over the system. Just when you are going to work and going home. That is not entirely unreasonable.

Being displaced was NOT a choice. Shame on people for expecting those who have been displaced to quit their jobs. I just hope for those that do not understand what it is like, it never happens to them. Nothing is sacred in this industry for those of us that have been around for a while knows that all too well. Who would ever think that 15 yrs seniority would get you kicked out of your base where you have spent your entire career, built your life. Who would of ever thought that after 23 yrs you would be sitting on reserve working weekends and holidays.

What would you do if today you got that letter in the mail telling you, that in 30 days you will be displaced from PHX? Would you quit? Would you pack your family and move across the country? or Would you commute?

Be thankful for everyday that you do not get that letter.
I am so happy for you that you have made it work. How well would you have been able to commute for all of those years on a FCFS system? I am not saying the company owes us anything more then anyone else. I will stand by my convictions that people commuting to work on a FCFS system should have a high priority boarding. If not then we will fight the DOH system to the very end.

Here's a good question. PIT is downsizing. PIT already has commuters from outlying cities, just like CLT and other bases who don't get any special boarding priveledges. Due to the downsizing of PIT, now we have more local PIT F/A's who are commuting to PHL and CLT. Here's the question, should just the local F/A's, who live in PIT and now have to commute, get the higher boarding or should all of them get it? The others didn't have it before and they commuted to PIT, so why now?

Here's a good question. PIT is downsizing. PIT already has commuters from outlying cities, just like CLT and other bases who don't get any special boarding priveledges. Due to the downsizing of PIT, now we have more local PIT F/A's who are commuting to PHL and CLT. Here's the question, should just the local F/A's, who live in PIT and now have to commute, get the higher boarding or should all of them get it? The others didn't have it before and they commuted to PIT, so why now?
Currently all commuters system wide are commuting on their date of hire. That is a priority boarding, your seniority. The point is the company is considering changing the system mid stream. I have no problems going to the FCFS, but I feel as though people that are trying to get to/from work should have a priority boarding. ONLY to/from work.

proud f/a -

So let me ask you this...

My job used to be in PIT and I will now be working in PHX. Should I be allowed a special boarding priority if I chose not to move and commute over on Sun PM and back on Friday PM?

proud f/a -

So let me ask you this...

My job used to be in PIT and I will now be working in PHX. Should I be allowed a special boarding priority if I chose not to move and commute over on Sun PM and back on Friday PM?
Currently you will be commuting on your date of hire boarding priority. If this system gets changed to the FCFS and you are commuting to work, ABSOLUTELY you should get a higher priority boarding status. I am sorry, I realize I am in a minority over this one. I will gladly welcome FCFS as long as this provision is made. If it isn't, then as I have stated before the battle lines will be drawn. The over 3000 commuters that work for this company will fight tooth and nail for the DOH boarding. You can count on that one.

Personally, I don't care if it FCFS or DOH, I will adapt to either. Do I have a preference, sure....but it won't be the end of the world if things do go my way.

You haven't even given FCFS a chance and you already feel that DOH is the "better" system. People that are all for FCFS haven't given DOH a chance. Until you have fully experienced both systems (like Segment King) how can you base your opinion on something you haven't experience yet?

Everyone has their personal preference based on what they are most comfortable with, or with what they view will be an advantage to them.

If you commute, just make sure that you get to the airport early, so you are first on the list. What would happen is, a commuter, who's trip has run late, will come up to the podium and say" I am a commuter, put me on this plane in front of all these other folks who have been waiting".

And there are those of us that will fight for FCFS - you commute by choice
Best of luck to you. Your team better hope it doesn't come down to the majority.

If you commute, just make sure that you get to the airport early, so you are first on the list. What would happen is, a commuter, who's trip has run late, will come up to the podium and say" I am a commuter, put me on this plane in front of all these other folks who have been waiting".
Most commuters do, I personally am always at the gate 60-90 mins prior to departure.

Back