US Airways to Recall Pilots as Fleet of 100-Seat Jets Grows

How MANY 340s? I thought I read here that only 2 from AC were available. Are there more available from another source?

Yes! There are more than Stevie Wolf can count! Doesn't anybody get it yet. APLA is in negotiations so mngmnt is putting out a figment of a carrot to throw the junior guys under the bus. Gee... does it have to be spelled out. :rolleyes:

PHX-TLV.....
leave it to the management of US to come up with a clever route such as this...connecting one desert to another :blink: :blink:

Again, i will believe in this when i start to believe in kosher hogs.

And to think, all the airline crews from all airlines that flew Laguardia-West Palm Beach would complain. Wait until US gets a load of TLV and try to convince that crowd of how lovely the box lunch is :lol: :lol: :lol:

Flack jackets will have to become standard safety equipment for crews on that haul :lol: :lol:

PHX-TLV.....
leave it to the management of US to come up with a clever route such as this...connecting one desert to another :blink: :blink:

Again, i will believe in this when i start to believe in kosher hogs.

And to think, all the airline crews from all airlines that flew Laguardia-West Palm Beach would complain. Wait until US gets a load of TLV and try to convince that crowd of how lovely the box lunch is :lol: :lol: :lol:

Flack jackets will have to become standard safety equipment for crews on that haul :lol: :lol:
Fly it from PHX-TLV? If and only IF they happen to choose that route, Whose Operating Certificate will it go on?
And which crews?

Don't get in a tizzy...wow, new airplanes! BFD. New airplanes, old airplanes, airplanes that go high, airplanes that go far....whoopity-doo.
Believe it when you see it, cause they'll want you to fly these shiny new airframes for nothing.
And if you won't, they'll blame you for not allowing them to purchase the new airplanes....boo hoo.
Gentlemen, the names have changed, but the game remains the same.
Fly smart/Think smart/Don't be bamboozled.

Exactly! I talked briefly with a young looking West pilot last week and he was all excited about A340s. I asked what the company was wanting from us in return. He looked at me somewhat puzzled as I said that these old 737s were just fine with me. "The 'new boss' is the same as the 'old boss', we won't be fooled again!

Four points:

1. The A340 will go on the new joint operating certificate.

2. US Airways East ALPA already has an A340 pay rate.

3. Do not be surprised of the new ALPA contract has 3 pay rates, one for widebody aircraft, one for narrowbody (Group II) aircraft, and another for the EMB-190. This concept creates value for the business enterprise because it lowers training costs, which will contribute to higher pilot pay rates.

4. Expect a new widebody and narrowbody aircraft order this month.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Exactly! I talked briefly with a young looking West pilot last week and he was all excited about A340s. I asked what the company was wanting from us in return. He looked at me somewhat puzzled as I said that these old 737s were just fine with me. "The 'new boss' is the same as the 'old boss', we won't be fooled again!

Must have been an Airbus f/o. I don't understand the fixation by so many West f/os with that airplane. It's just a plane - and a sh!tty one at that. If this A340 rumor is true, then it's clearly a colossal mistake. I can't believe how short the memory is on the West; the last time there were four engine widebodies on the property, things didn't go too well. Yet I was in SanFran last week and overheard two of the West pilots (Airbus) talking excitedly about the A340s. Puhleese. I would think SJS was long gone for all mainline pilots, but sadly there are too many West pilots susceptible to the carrot.

Thanks for taking the time to counsel him, though.

Must have been an Airbus f/o. I don't understand the fixation by so many West f/os with that airplane. It's just a plane - and a sh!tty one at that. If this A340 rumor is true, then it's clearly a colossal mistake. I can't believe how short the memory is on the West; the last time there were four engine widebodies on the property, things didn't go too well. Yet I was in SanFran last week and overheard two of the West pilots (Airbus) talking excitedly about the A340s. Puhleese. I would think SJS was long gone for all mainline pilots, but sadly there are too many West pilots susceptible to the carrot.

Thanks for taking the time to counsel him, though.

Are you upset that they were excited or that some AWA guys will be flying them and not you? Please expand.

Are you upset that they were excited or that some AWA guys will be flying them and not you? Please expand.

I know exactly what he meant. Its about quality of life regardless of the carrot(SJS) they use to distract you from that. Stay focused on getting a good contract that pays well and lets you spend sometime with your family no matter how many time they say "more planes than God can count"

Four points:

1. The A340 will go on the new joint operating certificate.

2. US Airways East ALPA already has an A340 pay rate.

3. Do not be surprised of the new ALPA contract has 3 pay rates, one for widebody aircraft, one for narrowbody (Group II) aircraft, and another for the EMB-190. This concept creates value for the business enterprise because it lowers training costs, which will contribute to higher pilot pay rates.

4. Expect a new widebody and narrowbody aircraft order this month.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

All this work for management and they didn't even offer you a joyride on the A380? What's this world coming to...

[quote Wait until US gets a load of TLV and try to convince that crowd of how lovely the box lunch is :lol: :lol: :lol:
[/quote]

A dirt cheap fare back to the home country? TLV, PVG or whatever - if you build it, they WILL come.

I predict a +100% load factor with pax sleeping on the floor ( and getting robbed) aka EWR and a People Express 747.

The West can HAVE the big 4 engine jets if that brings their Shiny Jet Syndrome under control.

Twelve to fifteen hours on a flying cattle car. Augmented crew. Sounds like a great time to me. Please enjoy.

Give me a 737 on the west coast and I'm happy for the rest of my career. Oh sure, no doubt there are a few snot nosed airbus dorks out here, but that doesn't mean we all all fit that description.

Seeing 1800 nautical miles to go with a 360 knot ground speed in a 757 was bad enough for me. Besides, I'm under no illusions of being anywhere near a wide body of any kind for years to come, if ever.

Back