United-US Airways marriage faces better chance this time

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's sad. All this worry and they only have HOW MANY FLIGHT ATTENDANTS?

UAL had 15,175 active flight attendants as of May 3, 2008. If you;d like I can even knock them down to base. I really don't see what the big deal is. We're Flight Attendants.....give us a bottle of wine, we'll be fine.

fyi - we have a purser program that is pretty cut in stone interntionally. Even United doesn't choose who gets to be the pursers. They are hand selected from a British firm. You may want to let the 'girls' know that us younger pursers are on our way...........................and we run a tight ship. Also, you can't take that purser from us............it's ours. You work for us. (let us know how you like that crew juice, ok) Welcome aboard OUR SHIP.

Great Post! I have to say the US girls need a wake up call and Ill be happy to see them squirm.

Mergers are not the answer, ITS THE FARES!!!!!!!!!!
Fares cannot rise until there are fewer planes serving the same destinations.

Reductions through mergers are more controlled vs. liquidations which cause havoc with pax and employees and by the time they take place bleeds everyone else to death.

.. ITS THE FARES!!!!!!!!!!
Art have even given up his signature.

Right and as smaller network carriers cut flights from hubs to save money and raise fares, they just end up withdrawing from a market (a O and D at a certain time of day and flight time) thus reducing the value of their product.

Mergers allow carriers to reduce flights, raise fares, but remain in markets, thus reducing revenue loss by not selling the product at all.

It's not perfect, but I think that's the kind of simple headed analysis that supports the idea of mergers.

Hell, I'm so pessimistic, I'd argue for a five-way deal: UA/US/NK/B6/FL creating two carriers: one a domestic focused east coast carrier with hubs in ATL and PHL (the new FL). And the other the new United with hub opeations on the east in JFK, IAD, CLT, FLL and focus cities at BOS, LGA, PHL, DCA, giving up just enough at IAD and DCA and LGA to make it work with the feds and inducing AirTran (somehow) to give up its point to point flying from or to the NE for a hublet in PHL, with little or no new aircraft for FL.

The new United would maintain all the international flying out of PHL and IAD that it could sustain, perhaps focusing Star Alliance traffic into IAD and United traffic out of PHL.

There wont be any reduction in planes, read SW latest press statement. WE reduce they expand. The only thing the large carriers can and should do is, just go ahead and undercut SW until they bleed. SW has been successfully doing that to us for years. The last time it was tried SW cried to Washington about predatory pricing and won. I dont think they would get the same sympathetic ear now.

What a croc anyway any large carrier offers a 29 fare it's predatory pricing, SW does it, well that's ok.

That is the one thing these mega mergers will do is allow this pricing capability. SW cant cry about collusion with all the large carriers if they all have merged. Meanwhile the merged carrier will be able to price reasonable fares that actually account for the cost of doing business on all other routes.

SW is to well run to ever be put out of business, but we could put them back into their original market and business plan.
The new upstart du jour can be put under.

Here is the link :
Southwest Is Waiting in the Wings

Excerpt:
Now United and US Airways have been holding merger talks, and the prospect that they might combine pleases Gary C. Kelly, chief executive of Southwest. He said in an interview that he relished the prospect of the two hub-and-spoke carriers cutting back flights to reduce costs and also the likelihood that such a merger could result in a period of operational chaos for the combined airlines.

United and US Airways Flight Attendant Leaders Comment on Merger Reports

See Story

United/US Airways deal must be inked soon to get anti-trust review by current administration

See Story

United Receives Lender Approval for Credit Facility Amendment

See Story

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Senate hearing has implications for possible United Airlines, U.S. Airways deal

See Story

Regards,

USA320Pilot
I love these threads started and perpetuated by regurgitating the media frenzy by all the pundits who really don't know what is ACTUALLY being spoken about behind closed doors, but love to speculate like they are "experts" with some inside knowledge.

So here are a few more articles, with bold titles added for additional drama...

United-US Airways Deal Would Face Hurdles

See Story

UAL pilots say US Air merger should be last resort

See Story

Regards,

I love these threads started and perpetuated by regurgitating the media frenzy by all the pundits who really don't know what is ACTUALLY being spoken about behind closed doors, but love to speculate like they are "experts" with some inside knowledge.

The attitude of united pilot 767 jetz is typical of all united employees. They think they are better, smarter and more superior to original US airways employees. You do not see 767 on the pilot boards since this ill fated attempt of a merger was announced. united is in serious financial trouble, she wants to cherry pick us airways and leave the bones behind. You are the bones.

It reminds me of the song American Women, except replace the word united management and employees when you hear american woman.

investment bank Goldman Sachs (GS) said oil prices could hit $200 within the next two years as limited supply growth and rising demand causes a "super spike".

If this happens does it really matter one way or the other ?

The attitude of united pilot 767 jetz is typical of all united employees. They think they are better, smarter and more superior to original US airways employees.

They taught us that in flight attendant school, so it must be true. :lol: Wow, it feels good to get that out in the open. :jerry:

United-US Airways Deal Would Face Hurdles

See Story

UAL pilots say US Air merger should be last resort

See Story

Regards,

If United thinks they must merge with US as a last resort and get all it's "worthless" assets... Then I think US should not give United that "last resort" option and let United die.

By the way, what the hell is the United logo supposed to be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back