TWU/IAM Association Poll

Are you for or against the proposed TWU/IAM Association?

• Total voters
MetalMover said:
Wow, NYer and WeAAsles are stepping up the anti-AMFA rhetoric....I wonder why since NYer says they don't even have 50% cards.
You know why. I asked you to do something nicely and you decided you'd prefer not to so. It's that simple brother. 

the sad thing is record profits and the twu and iam are not even talking about negotiations. yea i know blah blah blah they can say what they want but the FACT is they are not talking to each other at all. so again the members suffer due to individual greed by the union leaders in control. 

dfw gen said:
the sad thing is record profits and the twu and iam are not even talking about negotiations. yea i know blah blah blah they can say what they want but the FACT is they are not talking to each other at all. so again the members suffer due to individual greed by the union leaders in control. 

No one knows for sure if the two sides have spoken or are in continued conversations as they have basically gone into radio silent I believe because of the blowup that the back and forth letters caused on social media?

We're also still in the Holidays and wouldn't expect to maybe begin to start hearing some things until after next Monday? Yes after that IMO the two sides need to start preparing together and figure out what issues are most important to each and figure out where the compromises will be to begin to negotiate with the company.

Of course depending on the decision by the NMB as well.  

WeAAsles said:
Not bothering to cast a vote personally because the whole idea of doing it on this Forum is STUPID actually, IMO.
Like I said, I'd prefer a petition. 
Chester Wienerschmitt.
We already know you support it, it's pretty obvious from you posts and in one of the older polls intended for maintenance only you voted.

Josh

So why are you posting if its about maintenance?

Got to earn your Ford and Harrison dollars?

700UW said:
So why are you posting if its about maintenance?

Got to earn your Ford and Harrison dollars?
This isn't s maintenance thread, the other poll from over the summer was.

Josh

737823 said:
We already know you support it, it's pretty obvious from you posts and in one of the older polls intended for maintenance only you voted.

Josh
No hidden riddles, I've said that I support the association pretty plainly. Just hope the two sides were able to tweak some items personally?

Yes my vote was funny. Everyone thought it was 700UW because they were too dumb to click on the "view" tab, lol.

WeAAsles said:
No one knows for sure if the two sides have spoken or are in continued conversations as they have basically gone into radio silent I believe because of the blowup that the back and forth letters caused on social media?

We're also still in the Holidays and wouldn't expect to maybe begin to start hearing some things until after next Monday? Yes after that IMO the two sides need to start preparing together and figure out what issues are most important to each and figure out where the compromises will be to begin to negotiate with the company.

Of course depending on the decision by the NMB as well.  
they are not talking weasel twu wants out iam is saying a contract is a contract screw you your in. no one's talking between the two. again the membership languish's in the limelight of the mighty twu and iam. record profits and we don't have our **** together to negotiate any kind of relief.

dfw gen said:
they are not talking weasel twu wants out iam is saying a contract is a contract screw you your in. no one's talking between the two. again the membership languish's in the limelight of the mighty twu and iam. record profits and we don't have our #### together to negotiate any kind of relief.

You don't know that for sure brother. That was the last thing that was going on in the back and forth letters from a few months back now. There are only two people who probably know what's going on at the moment and for right now they're not putting it out there publicly.

Like I said I'd be very surprised if we don't know something more by mid January?

dfw gen said:

Right with you on that one.

WeAAsles said:
You don't know that for sure brother. That was the last thing that was going on in the back and forth letters from a few months back now. There are only two people who probably know what's going on at the moment and for right now they're not putting it out there publicly.

Like I said I'd be very surprised if we don't know something more by mid January?

In October you said they would square things out and still meet in mid November. Then it was after the Thanksgiving holidays...Now we're in December going into January and the time line has shifted into mid-January.

You know what all that means? We wasted October, November, December and half of January talking about a singed agreement from May 2013. There should be not higher priority than to get ready for negotiations.....Nothing.

NYer said:
In October you said they would square things out and still meet in mid November. Then it was after the Thanksgiving holidays...Now we're in December going into January and the time line has shifted into mid-January.

You know what all that means? We wasted October, November, December and half of January talking about a singed agreement from May 2013. There should be not higher priority than to get ready for negotiations.....Nothing.
Never said they "would" do anything. My crystal ball is not that good.

Yep. Wasted Oct Nov dec jan feb 2014,2015,,,,
Keep waiting fellas our boats coming in!

dfw gen said:
Yep, they aren't in any hurry because they are sitting on their $100k plus positions.

Latest posts

Back