Potential security/safety issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it is security, write the company for a clarification of procedure.

Done.

Given all the venom that has been spewed forth on this board today on this topic - a letter has been written to the FAA, TSA, DOT and US Corprate to clarify the situation. And this time I mentioned the flight number and the date of the flight.

I started this out earlier today to determine if indeed this constituted something that was considered a safety violation and not within policy. By design, I did not mention the date nor the flight number as the goal was not to get anyone in trouble, but to find out and understand if this indeed was something that should not have happened.

However, the lovely people on this board, who would seem to be mostly FA's, turned it into a personal attack. So if it turns out to be something that the authorieties don't care about, so be it. But, if it turns out that it is something they care about, then I hope the crew gets their a** fired!

And you all (US Employees) wonder why people hate you so much? Go figure!

Ooooooh, we're being punished! What a baby.

Even if it were some sort of violation the crew wouldn't be fired, in fact, they would get a phone call and that's it. I'm sure the DOT will be fascinated by your letter about a makeshift blanket curtain. I hope you never fly on a widebody, you'd be overwhelmed by real curtains all over the place.

US Airways, on the other hand will probably think the idea is great and replace windowshades with the option of using a blanket.

Since you hate us so much hopefully you won't be joining us soon. Get a life!

Done.

Given all the venom that has been spewed forth on this board today on this topic - a letter has been written to the FAA, TSA, DOT and US Corprate to clarify the situation. And this time I mentioned the flight number and the date of the flight.

I started this out earlier today to determine if indeed this constituted something that was considered a safety violation and not within policy. By design, I did not mention the date nor the flight number as the goal was not to get anyone in trouble, but to find out and understand if this indeed was something that should not have happened.

However, the lovely people on this board, who would seem to be mostly FA's, turned it into a personal attack. So if it turns out to be something that the authorieties don't care about, so be it. But, if it turns out that it is something they care about, then I hope the crew gets their a** fired!

And you all (US Employees) wonder why people hate you so much? Go figure!

I can't believe you are accusing a whole crew of hiding behind the blanket hung up in the galley the entire flight and never coming out to check on the pax, ever. I simply find it hard to believe that they stayed in there the entire time without ever stepping foot in the aisle throughout the duration of the flight. How dare you write up a crew and get them in trouble all because you got some personal attacks on here. You shouldn't have taken it out on them because of what a few posters on here said. That is just "plane" wrong. :down:

And passengers like you scratch their heads and wonder why flight attendants are so rude.

Speaking of which, have we gotten new blankets? The ones I've seen are certainly not long enough to hang from the curtain bar to the floor. Since there are only two aft facing jumpseats on any given US narrowbody, and minimum of three/maximum of four F/As on a narrowbody, doesn't that mean that, if in fact they are all in that small galley, at least one, possibly two, are facing forward, likely sitting since they are so lazy, facing a three foot blanket hanging from a seven foot curtain rod? Sounds to me like someone has their eye on things whether they like it or not.

And passengers like you scratch their heads and wonder why flight attendants are so rude.

No - I don't scratch my head as to why FA's are so rude - I get it - there is a large contingent - not all - but most that have this sense of entitlement - we got our pay cut - we have a horrible reserve system - we work too much - people are rude to us - management doesn't give us enough - on and on and on. Get over it! Either do your job or get out - but don't take it out on the people that pay your salary - how ever small it may be!

Like one of your partners in crime said on this thread - "If you can't take the heat"...........................

I made a pancho out of a blanket one time because my fabulous all weather coat is still on back order til May. Since the blanket is the topic, I thought I would add my two cents. Oh, and I only have one cent. :up:

No - I don't scratch my head as to why FA's are so rude - I get it - there is a large contingent - not all - but most that have this sense of entitlement - we got our pay cut - we have a horrible reserve system - we work too much - people are rude to us - management doesn't give us enough - on and on and on. Get over it! Either do your job or get out - but don't take it out on the people that pay your salary - how ever small it may be!

Like one of your partners in crime said on this thread - "If you can't take the heat"...........................

When we are attacked on a daily basis for things that are no fault of our own it is hard to smile and be nice about it when it does happen. Have you ever heard the song/phrase "We're not gonna take it"? That's how we all feel! Most of us are not going to put up with the abuse we receive from both rude pax and incompetent mgmt. You should know this by now. Why is it such a shocker? To say we are frustrated is an understatement.

I guess this is where some wise arse is going to tell me that since I'm so miserable that I should quit...

I guess this is where some wise arse is going to tell me that since I'm so miserable that I should quit...

No - but if you are going to stay - then do your job and don't take it out on the paying customer who is still flying on US whose airfare allows you to still have a job. If you stay - and I don't mean "You" personally but you in a general person sense - then do what you are supposed to do and forget about it when you get off the plane. Providing bad service and giving attitude to paying customers only makes it worse for you - some people on this board just don't seem to get that.

Wow, got some junk mail... someone needs a lot of attention tonight.

--------------------------------------------------------
Dont' be so sure. ( From: phlus2 )

Don't be so sure all they would get is a phone call. Just as the FA from Republic who got fired from a letter I wrote to the FAA a few years back.

Yes - you are being punished - be VERY afraid!

phlus2 is a member of the Registered Member group and has 270 posts.
Sent on: Today, 09:14 PM
--------------------------------------------------------

What a loser. FWIW, I don't exactly hang with Republic F/As but I do know they get fired all the time for any old nonsense, and I'm sure you're tattletaling was only the tip of the iceberg. You must be very proud that you assited in someone losing their 16K a year job... I'm sure they were shattered. You're clearly the type of person who asks for a manager at McDonalds.

Anyone will tell you that 'getting' a US Airways F/A fired is pretty difficult, I'd imagine even more so if they are not in error. How sad that you get off on such a thing though... wow.

Looks like someone was rejected by a stew!

This topic is so stupid. Phlus2 you are a piece of work. You might as well change your screen name or hit the road. Your way off and picking apart flight attendants for something quite trivial and not at all illegal in the eyes of the FAA. About the blanket, there are a/c of our on the east at least that STILL have the dark grey curtains that DO get closed. We make our way through the cabin at least a few times if for nothing else to switch a People for an OK magazine. Your story of the crew NEVER coming out is not credible. Sorry. moving on. :rolleyes:
PS Phlus2 do you realize that the CEO of US down to a toilet cleaner couldn't care less if you flew us. I NEVER like to tell a passenger to go somewhere else but BYE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back