Nonrev travel forum

Thanks to all who have posted and to Edward for making this a sticky! I am beginning search for Christmas and the hubby and kids want the Caribbean. Our kids are teenagers and so we dont need any "kiddie" facilities but a resort -all inclusive-that is not couple oriented. These are great sites and I am on my way to search but if anyone has any resorts or suggestions Id appreciate anything that would narrow down the search!! We are buying tickets so anything that is not too expensive is also appreciated!

Non Rev F Upgrades?
Are they still $20 Domestic & $100 for Europe? Dose Canada, Mexico and Carab. fall under the $20?
Thanks.

For land arrangements, I am a great fan of Hotwire. During ski season, I got 4 nights at Circus Circus in Reno for $22/night, and that was taxes included. For skiers, there are busses that will pick you up at the hotels in downtown Reno and take you to Mt. Rose, Northstar-at-Tahoe, or Squaw Valley. The bus is $20 to Mt. Rose, $10 to Squaw Valley, and free to Northstar (the resort pays for the bus).

When traveling to BHM for a family thing, I got a room at a 5-star hotel in BHM for about 20% of their rack rate from Hotwire.

Hotwire works something like Priceline in that you don't know the actual hotel name until you book. However, in a given star-rating category, they will tell you in advance something like "in this category our regular suppliers are Radisson, Marriott, Hilton, and other comparable hotels."

For instance, on the BHM trip, I knew the hotel was the Tutwiler in downtown BHM because it is the ONLY luxury hotel in downtown BHM. :lol:

I'm also enjoying retirement ( although I have the occassional nightmare of a pair of "red suspenders" chasing me down and stealing my meager pension and then riding off into the sunset, never to be seen again) :p . Anyway, I've also not traveled since the merger with America West and am pretty much out of the loop. Thanks for posting all of the great info.

I'm also enjoying retirement ( although I have the occassional nightmare of a pair of "red suspenders" chasing me down and stealing my meager pension and then riding off into the sunset, never to be seen again) :p . Anyway, I've also not traveled since the merger with America West and am pretty much out of the loop. Thanks for posting all of the great info.

Ditto That!!!!

Now this may sound like a silly question ..... as a Retiree is it still possible to go to the ticket counter @ say, MCO, and purchase a r/t pass on another carrier? Need to travel to Chicago Midway and AirTran seems like the best pick!

I appreciate any and all advice .... been many years since we've non-reved!

2B

Thanks to all who have posted and to Edward for making this a sticky! I am beginning search for Christmas and the hubby and kids want the Caribbean. Our kids are teenagers and so we dont need any "kiddie" facilities but a resort -all inclusive-that is not couple oriented. These are great sites and I am on my way to search but if anyone has any resorts or suggestions Id appreciate anything that would narrow down the search!! We are buying tickets so anything that is not too expensive is also appreciated!
soory if this has already been given to you but check out cheapcaribean.com...not sure if I spelled Caribean right!!!

soory if this has already been given to you but check out cheapcaribean.com...not sure if I spelled Caribean right!!!

Try Beaches at Sandy Bay, Jamacia. A Sandals resort. Call the hotel direct, tell them you are airline employee and what the rates are. You will have to fax a copy of your id or letter from company.

All inclusive $75 US per night per person. The Beaches at Negril, 2 miles down the road have more teenager things and seem to be really geared for teens. Beaches at Sandy Bay is geared for Seasme Street crowd as well as the food. Free snorkel, water skiing, hobe cat, you name it.

Hint: stay at Sandy Bay, take free hotel shuttle to Beaches at Negril and eat and drink there, it's much cheaper.
Can find more info google Sandals Resorts.

Ditto That!!!!

Now this may sound like a silly question ..... as a Retiree is it still possible to go to the ticket counter @ say, MCO, and purchase a r/t pass on another carrier? Need to travel to Chicago Midway and AirTran seems like the best pick!

I appreciate any and all advice .... been many years since we've non-reved!

2B

I don't think retirees can get passes on OA, can they?? Does anyone know? I wish there was a forum exclusively for retirees.........to exchange information about retiree benefits. that would be nice. :)

Retires do get privelages on most OALs, go to the HUB or WINGS and go to travel and look at the Combined Interline Agreements.

Some you can buy at the Ticket counters and some are available only via mail to the PASS Bureau.

:up:
Retires do get privelages on most OALs, go to the HUB or WINGS and go to travel and look at the Combined Interline Agreements.

Some you can buy at the Ticket counters and some are available only via mail to the PASS Bureau.

Thank You. Who knew! A Retiree Travel Guide.

Traveling in NYC..... going to non rev to LGA for the first time. Wondered if anyone had any info or experience on how the best way to get into the city from there.... thanks!

Check the Port Authority web site for travel options between LGA and various parts of the city. There's choices from direct bus service to Manhatten, bus service to the subway/rail stations, up to private limousine services.

Jim

Back