No to the Alliance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
WeAAsles said:
Oh I just can't wait. 17 more days and all the nonsense you guys keep trying to make stick on a wall don't mean jack anymore. 17 more days and after that all your huffing and puffing won't even blow down a paper house.

17 more days. Hallelujah.
Well hey, 17 more days and maybe you can run the belt loader all by yourself.

I have been away for a couple of days and might have missed this, but:

Can the membership be negotiated into the IAMPF inside of a contract vote?

Hackman said:
Ask them? Remember, we AMTs work with many former Eastern (when the IAm had a spine) Pan Am (failed TWu) and TWA (failed IAm)
workers, and we have asked them. Except maybe for EAL, the industrial unions failed them time and again is what they have said.

You should stick to plying your TWu fantasies over on the Fleet Circus thread, you seem to be off the mark
here with the AMTs.
Really Hackman, "Fleet Circus", does anyone wonder why AMFA can't get it's foot in the door at AA, Hackman should be your first clue.

Buck said:
I have been away for a couple of days and might have missed this, but:

Can the membership be negotiated into the IAMPF inside of a contract vote?
Inside? Do you mean while a TA is being voted on by the members for ratification?

WeAAsles said:
Inside? Do you mean while a TA is being voted on by the members for ratification?
Yes, can it be on the table? 

Legally, can an AA frozen pension be part of the negotiation process?

scorpion 2 said:
You and 700 are nothing more than deceitful amateur spin doctors. 
I have been telling this forum the same thing for two years now.

Though neither one of these liars has anything on Ms Tree.

NOT...................EVEN..........................CLOSE................

AANOTOK said:
Really Hackman, "Fleet Circus", does anyone wonder why AMFA can't get it's foot in the door at AA, Hackman should be your first clue.
Lighten up Francis, just enjoying some dark comedy similar to what your buddies do. AMFA at AA has been in the
door at the NMB in a 2005 card filing, but it's difficult when the company won't stay neutral in representational matters siding
as always with the TWu company union. My uncle Gene wouldn't like you dissing his good name.

Funny ad from back in the day...don't be so sensitive Francis.
https://youtu.be/8C-e96m4730

Buck said:

According to the PBGC lawyer I spoke with, yes it can. BUT it would immediately fall into red zone status and the administers of the trust would have to file an acceptable plan to get it back to green zone status.

Hackman said:
Lighten up Francis, just enjoying some dark comedy similar to what your buddies do. AMFA at AA has been in the
door at the NMB in a 2005 card filing, but it's difficult when the company won't stay neutral in representational matters siding
as always with the TWu company union. My uncle Gene wouldn't like you dissing his good name.

Funny ad from back in the day...don't be so sensitive Francis.
https://youtu.be/8C-e96m4730
Ok clown, thanks for the clarification.

WeAAsles said:
According to the PBGC lawyer I spoke with, yes it can. BUT it would immediately fall into red zone status and the administers of the trust would have to file an acceptable plan to get it back to green zone status.
Is that the same as it would no longer be 105% funded until the trustee could cause a correction?

Buck said:

I called Loeber and he said "yes"  it could be transferred if all parties were in agreement. Meaning that the membership gets warm and fuzzy over a nice raise and votes in favor of the T/A. 

Just on the increase in age for full retirement between the 2 plans the pension obligation would be reduced by 25%.  Add to that the difference in early retirement penalty and the obligation would be reduced by another 9%. Who knows what the penalty % would be on the pension reduction for reemployment if a guy goes back to work.  Just by enforcing the iamnpf guidelines on us and not enforcing the back to work penalty our benefit takes a 34% hit if a guy left at 60.  The rules don't have to change to make anything solvent just enforce the ones that are already in place.
The shortfall in our trust was only about 15%. It may be less than that now.  Our trust will be 119% (plus) funded using the iamnpf guidelines. Yes we do have a bulls eye on us.  

scorpion 2 said:
I called Loeber and he said "yes"  it could be transferred if all parties were in agreement. Meaning that the membership gets warm and fuzzy over a nice raise and votes in favor of the T/A. 

Just on the increase in age for full retirement between the 2 plans the pension obligation would be reduced by 25%.  Add to that the difference in early retirement penalty and the obligation would be reduced by another 9%. Who knows what the penalty % would be on the pension reduction for reemployment if a guy goes back to work.  Just by enforcing the iamnpf guidelines on us and not enforcing the back to work penalty our benefit takes a 34% hit if a guy left at 60.  The rules don't have to change to make anything solvent just enforce the ones that are already in place.
The shortfall in our trust was only about 15%. It may be less than that now.  Our trust will be 119% (plus) funded using the iamnpf guidelines. Yes we do have a bulls eye on us.
And you obviously don't trust a single solitary soul in the TWU including your Local President and all the other President's who can be easily back on the field living under the scenario you portray?

Does the AMFA drive have to portray that EVERYONE in the TWU is in cahoots for some grand conspiracy?

WeAAsles said:
And you obviously don't trust a single solitary soul in the TWU including your Local President and all the other President's who can be easily back on the field living under the scenario you portray?

Does the AMFA drive have to portray that EVERYONE in the TWU is in cahoots for some grand conspiracy?
now your getting the idea. No report back to your superiors can you say fat don?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back