New day dawning for airline management

I see the name dapoes on many boards and posts, all virulently anti-union, anti-democrat :ph34r: .

And the problem is ?

So if someone doesn't share you views, they should be forbidden to post, I take it ? ? :down:

And the problem is ?

So if someone doesn't share you views, they should be forbidden to post, I take it ? ? :down:
No. When did I say that? Please show me. <_<

I was merely stating a fact.

If dapoes wants to start 2-3 anti obama, union...(insert topic here) threads a day, she is welcome to do it.

It will be fun to watch you and her and dell do your routine... :lol:

Yes apparently thats the new world order under United States of Omerica. :angry:
Now that's funny! :lol:
The "new world order under United States of Omerica", doesn't start till January.
That should give enough time for the sore sports that lost a chance to climb aboard. :shock:

Oberstar's name is in the hat for Sec. DOT!

Look out baby! :up:

Sec. Labor: Former Rep. David Bonior

Oh boy...the pig party at the top is over!

(During his tenure in office, Bonior was the public face of Democratic opposition to the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), and was known for his tenacity in opposing Republican Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich, against whom Bonior filed more than seventy-five ethics charges."

Yeah baby!

Sec. Labor: Former Rep. David Bonior

Oh boy...the pig party at the top is over!

(During his tenure in office, Bonior was the public face of Democratic opposition to the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), and was known for his tenacity in opposing Republican Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich, against whom Bonior filed more than seventy-five ethics charges."

Yeah baby!

Isn't it telling that in today's press conference, the carefully chosen questions had nothing to do with unions and EFCA? Why was that?

Because the furthest thing from his mind is any sweeping labor/union changes as promised, especially in light of dismal employment reports.

I wonder how quick the unions are throwing him under the bus...

the carefully chosen questions had nothing to do with unions and EFCA? Why was that?
because he already supports it, along with most Democrats in Congress..last year it passed in the House but then stalled in the Senate, but of course this was before he was elected, so it can all change next year when he takes office, time will tell!

So what? Sec of DOT has no oversight for management compensation, labor unions or really anything you'd be interested in. And remember it was you who kept telling us how the "mighty" Oberstar was going to stop the merger. How'd that work out for you?

The last thing DC is going to do is mess with an industry that is expected to do OK next year (with a few exceptions of course), when they have the whole Auto industry mess to clean up!!

You won't see a pip done to the Airline industry until GM and Chrysler are fixed, and that whole mess is going to take a while!!

because he already supports it, along with most Democrats in Congress..last year it passed in the House but then stalled in the Senate, but of course this was before he was elected, so it can all change next year when he takes office, time will tell!

Not so fast, it appears to be getting squashed as we speak...

Labor Wants Obama to Take on Big Fight
After Working Hard to Elect Democrat, Unions Expect Help on Their Agenda
By KRIS MAHER
Wall Street Journal
November 6, 2008

At the top of labor's wish list is passage of the Employee Free Choice Act, which would make it harder for companies to fight union-organizing drives. "It is the most important issue that we have," said John Sweeney, president of the AFL-CIO.

President-elect Barack Obama has promised to fight for the legislation, but whether it is introduced in the first 100 days of his administration could signal how strongly he is aligning himself with the progressive wing of the Democratic Party, say political consultants. Moderate Democrats and those who have just won seats in traditionally Republican states are expected to argue against making the legislation an early priority.

After unions spent more than $400 million on the election and mounted massive voter-turnout efforts for Mr. Obama, they're inclined to push for bringing the Employee Free Choice Act up for a vote early next year, believing they have a narrow window to get it passed. They're worried other issues could emerge to eclipse the legislation, and that business would have more time to mount opposition the longer action is delayed.

With Democrats failing to win a filibuster-proof 60-seat majority in the Senate, some say a compromise on the controversial card-signing provision is more likely now.

and

Next Administration Shows Signs It Will Seek Middle Ground With Business on Thorny Issues
By ELIZABETH WILLIAMSON
Wall Street Journal
November 6, 2008

WASHINGTON -- The weak economy, congressional races that empowered moderates and President-elect Barack Obama's choice of business-friendly advisers suggest Democrats will go slow on controversial labor and regulatory issues.

A bill that would make it easier for unions to organize workers, efforts to regulate greenhouse-gas emissions, and a slew of contemplated taxes will likely take a back seat to broader economic issues for now, Democratic operatives say.

"This administration from what I'm seeing is going to be very mainstream, middle of the road on tax and business policies," said Scott Lilly, a senior fellow at the Center for American Progress Action Fund, a think tank close to the Obama transition. "I believe most businesses are going to find it pretty moderate...they're trying to convey that."

So what? Sec of DOT has no oversight for management compensation, labor unions or really anything you'd be interested in. And remember it was you who kept telling us how the "mighty" Oberstar was going to stop the merger. How'd that work out for you?

I'm sorry...I can't help there you. You need to do your own civics learning, I'm not here to teach the uninformed about what the Sec. of the Trans. can and can not do or influence. He did put the kabosh on their little union busting changes by the NMB...did ya catch that one? Fun to watch wasn't it!

As for Mighty Oberstar and the merger, not even he could stop the Hedge Fund owners of both companies...AND the payoff of NW/DL executives. (money and greed is a powerful incentive)

I wouldn't brag too much if I were you, I guess you haven't seen who's running the company. (how's that working out for ya?)

Don't ya just love that Obama! (are ya from Georgia?)

The last thing DC is going to do is mess with an industry that is expected to do OK next year (with a few exceptions of course), when they have the whole Auto industry mess to clean up!!

You won't see a pip done to the Airline industry until GM and Chrysler are fixed, and that whole mess is going to take a while!!
I think we will probably maybe see another stimulus package and thats about it for the next 4 years!

Not so fast, it appears to be getting squashed as we speak...

Labor Wants Obama to Take on Big Fight
After Working Hard to Elect Democrat, Unions Expect Help on Their Agenda
By KRIS MAHER
Wall Street Journal
November 6, 2008

At the top of labor's wish list is passage of the Employee Free Choice Act, which would make it harder for companies to fight union-organizing drives. "It is the most important issue that we have," said John Sweeney, president of the AFL-CIO.

President-elect Barack Obama has promised to fight for the legislation, but whether it is introduced in the first 100 days of his administration could signal how strongly he is aligning himself with the progressive wing of the Democratic Party, say political consultants. Moderate Democrats and those who have just won seats in traditionally Republican states are expected to argue against making the legislation an early priority.

After unions spent more than $400 million on the election and mounted massive voter-turnout efforts for Mr. Obama, they're inclined to push for bringing the Employee Free Choice Act up for a vote early next year, believing they have a narrow window to get it passed. They're worried other issues could emerge to eclipse the legislation, and that business would have more time to mount opposition the longer action is delayed.

With Democrats failing to win a filibuster-proof 60-seat majority in the Senate, some say a compromise on the controversial card-signing provision is more likely now.

and

Next Administration Shows Signs It Will Seek Middle Ground With Business on Thorny Issues
By ELIZABETH WILLIAMSON
Wall Street Journal
November 6, 2008

WASHINGTON -- The weak economy, congressional races that empowered moderates and President-elect Barack Obama's choice of business-friendly advisers suggest Democrats will go slow on controversial labor and regulatory issues.

A bill that would make it easier for unions to organize workers, efforts to regulate greenhouse-gas emissions, and a slew of contemplated taxes will likely take a back seat to broader economic issues for now, Democratic operatives say.

"This administration from what I'm seeing is going to be very mainstream, middle of the road on tax and business policies," said Scott Lilly, a senior fellow at the Center for American Progress Action Fund, a think tank close to the Obama transition. "I believe most businesses are going to find it pretty moderate...they're trying to convey that."

You just hold that position until they get your foreign FA into position..oops, should I say your low level management position?

Back