New day dawning for airline management

Jan 7, 2004
Red Planet
The party is over...No more "whatever you want for management" stamp from the White House.

It is pay back time for employees and Unions. No wonder NW/Delta pushed this down everyone's throat so fast. The clock was ticking on their bonuses.

Pay back time now...I want my pay cut back, WITH interest.

"Delta, the world's largest airline, is also the U.S. industry's least unionized, with only pilots represented. Unions including the Association of Flight Attendants will try organizing drives next year at the Atlanta-based carrier.

Labor Mediation

A National Mediation Board under Obama appointees may make decisions different from one on Sept. 30 that found Delta hadn't interfered in a union organizing campaign, Wytkind said. The board rules on airline labor disputes.

Obama's mediation board may take steps such as granting quicker releases from mediation, which would let unions start countdowns to possible strikes sooner, said Andrew Steinberg, former transportation assistant secretary under President George W. Bush.

Those actions might prove ``significant'' in giving unions leverage in talks over wage increases and work rules, said Steinberg, a partner at the Jones Day law firm in Washington. "

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...&refer=home

The party is over...No more "whatever you want for management" stamp from the White House.

It is pay back time for employees and Unions. No wonder NW/Delta pushed this down everyone's throat so fast. The clock was ticking on their bonuses.

Pay back time now...I want my pay cut back, WITH interest.

"Delta, the world's largest airline, is also the U.S. industry's least unionized, with only pilots represented. Unions including the Association of Flight Attendants will try organizing drives next year at the Atlanta-based carrier.

Labor Mediation

A National Mediation Board under Obama appointees may make decisions different from one on Sept. 30 that found Delta hadn't interfered in a union organizing campaign, Wytkind said. The board rules on airline labor disputes.

Obama's mediation board may take steps such as granting quicker releases from mediation, which would let unions start countdowns to possible strikes sooner, said Andrew Steinberg, former transportation assistant secretary under President George W. Bush.

Those actions might prove ``significant'' in giving unions leverage in talks over wage increases and work rules, said Steinberg, a partner at the Jones Day law firm in Washington. "

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...&refer=home

I seriously doubt that Obama's long held promises to the unions for sweeping change will ever see the light of day.

Especially considering how the economy and job market has tanked considerably since aligning with union leadership fantasies.

If anything it will drive up unemployment and see a mass exodus of jobs leaving the US. More so then there is now. If anything it will guarantee more outsourcing, not prevent it.

Lets see how fast the unions throws him under the bus for not delivering on his cheap attempt to garner their votes.

May want to go sharpen your resume as under Obama you just got one step closer to the unemployment line. Union or no union. :down:

I seriously doubt that Obama's long held promises to the unions for sweeping change will ever see the light of day.

Especially considering how the economy and job market has tanked considerably since aligning with union leadership fantasies.

If anything it will drive up unemployment and see a mass exodus of jobs leaving the US. More so then there is now. If anything it will guarantee more outsourcing, not prevent it.

Lets see how fast the unions throws him under the bus for not delivering on his cheap attempt to garner their votes.

May want to go sharpen your resume as under Obama you just got one step closer to the unemployment line. Union or no union. :down:

My skills protect my future. I don't think you are in any position to suggest anyone is near unemployment.

How much is Delta paying you to prowl the boards and work your non union dribble? They should ask for a refund.

My skills protect my future. I don't think you are in any position to suggest anyone is near unemployment.

How much is Delta paying you to prowl the boards and work your non union dribble? They should ask for a refund.

Strike a nerve did I? :p

Obviously...I did! :lol:

(make sure you learn how to spell that word strike correctly)

Here is more for you to chew on...

U.S. Stocks Post Biggest Post-Election Drop on Economic Concern
Nov. 5 (Bloomberg) -- The stock market posted its biggest plunge following a presidential election as reports on jobs and service industries stoked concern the economy will worsen even as President-elect Barack Obama tries to stimulate growth.

Like I said, his hollow promises are going to rear its ugly faces when he plants his bum in that oval office, and faced with trying to stimulate job growth.

You really think making it hard on companies to stay in business is going to be his legacy? :blink:

Most definitely a troll. Did this one show up about the time of the union organizing efforts?

I see the name dapoes on many boards and posts, all virulently anti-union, anti-democrat :ph34r: .

Most definitely a troll. Did this one show up about the time of the union organizing efforts?

I see the name dapoes on many boards and posts, all virulently anti-union, anti-democrat :ph34r: .

Well then Im getting ripped off. Im anti-union and anti-democrat and Im doing it for free. :lol:

NxNW,

It will be an Absolute "hoot", to watch "those" who cannot grasp the concept of(the ol' saying), .........."That there's a NEW Sheriff In Town" :up: :up:

Back