Local 591 Officers to return to floor.

TWU informer said:
What if a negative view of this is simply wrong?

Having the Union Officers along side the members instead of company officials is by far more likely to create unity amongst the union work force and valuable information that the officers can use.

Don't be so sure that this isn't the best thing that has happened in awhile.

My bet is that management will regret the outcome.

Sometimes what appears to be a negative change is the most positive change that could happen. Don't be so quick to be against change just for the sake of being against change. Don't be so quick to think negative just because management made this decision. Embrace their decision and make it work in our favor.

Hey D, your point has been proven and continues to be here at my station. Over the years when management chose to inflict some form of change that appeared to cause angst among the workers rather than demonstrate a sound contribution to the operation, we've learned to just follow their demands knowing that it isn't long before their dysfunction shines through. Too bad the 26 percenters couldn't convey some of those lessons to the sheep. I got to admit, the philosophy you share with us at the bottom of your posts confirm how difficult it is to achieve fortitude. It's our loss that TUL continues to quit and disengage.

I have known G P since his days in ORD and he could not carry water in a bucket, much less be a go to guy that he should be when it comes to turning a wrench, but he can sure be a charmer and tell people what they want to hear.

Observer said:
I have known G P since his days in ORD and he could not carry water in a bucket, much less be a go to guy that he should be when it comes to turning a wrench, but he can sure be a charmer and tell people what they want to hear.
Just like bob, all the rhetoric and all we got is the ability to pay those guys not to work as mechanics. It's about time we get less talk and more action. Our union leaders really stepped up and said we're not going to your meeting anymore, all that accomplished is for the union members to pay the salarys of the executive board. Isn't Bob the treasurer, a brilliant move with our money, and way to be part of the process by not including yourselves.

Just because GP interviewed to be a supervisor, does not make him qualified to run maintenance from his union desk. The local should concentrate on enforcing the contract, not playing airline executive.

I see a new contract by 2022 at this rate, right after the next financial collapse.

Observer said:

I'm sure G.P. would agree your entitled to your opinion. But I gotta say, this is not a popularity contest. No doubt many of us find it easy to second guess leadership decisions, armchair quarterbacking, you know? How sound is your resume and do you do all you're able to make a difference?

bigjets said:
Just like bob, all the rhetoric and all we got is the ability to pay those guys not to work as mechanics. It's about time we get less talk and more action. Our union leaders really stepped up and said we're not going to your meeting anymore, all that accomplished is for the union members to pay the salarys of the executive board. Isn't Bob the treasurer, a brilliant move with our money, and way to be part of the process by not including yourselves.

Just because GP interviewed to be a supervisor, does not make him qualified to run maintenance from his union desk. The local should concentrate on enforcing the contract, not playing airline executive.

I see a new contract by 2022 at this rate, right after the next financial collapse.

Buddy, this isn't the first time you've put your credibility at risk. I'm pretty sure you have the same ability that I do to make an effort to understand what efforts are being made by 591, ON OUR BEHALF, to hold fire to the company's feet to recognize we still have a Contract and to prevent them pissing down our backs, as they say. Oh, and the boner you've got toward Bob O, that conspiracy theory of yours that he has that type of control is really laughable.

If GP was such a good leader why is his board only unified when it comes to voting on paying the officers to be off with the memberships' dues money? He should have ruled the motion out of order and led his board back to the field. Dave is right in that by GP taking it on the chin and working alongside us it will prove his resolve and unite the membership. Instead, if the claim that the 591 e board voted to pay their full wages is true, he chose to fight from behind a steady stream of letters, lawsuits, and postings on the website. Would it have killed our officers to come down and spend some time in the trenches? If only for a month it would have shown the members that they are not above working under this current CBA and have principles.

JABORD said:

Buddy, this isn't the first time you've put your credibility at risk. I'm pretty sure you have the same ability that I do to make an effort to understand what efforts are being made by 591, ON OUR BEHALF, to hold fire to the company's feet to recognize we still have a Contract and to prevent them pissing down our backs, as they say. Oh, and the boner you've got toward Bob O, that conspiracy theory of yours that he has that type of control is really laughable.

I'm guessing you work at ORD, from the way I hear it, the contract is abused on a regular bases, is that not true? 

Did GP say he's not going to meetings with Wroble any longer, is this not true? How is that helping any of us?

Has having an adversarial relationship worked with any airline union?

I will give you that 591 board probably does stuff for us that we don't see on the floor, but I also don't see anything good either.

My problem with bob is, he spouted all sorts of rhetoric, and none of it helpful. Someone of his standing shouldn't just say what we want to hear, only the real information. Just my opinion. I do appreciate the fact that he and all union people stand up and does something though, I just think his approach is dead wrong. We don't need rhetoric!

JABORD said:

The problem with this statement is that you give the impression that our 591 Reps are aligned with the International. Anyone paying attention knows GP and his entourage have been a major thorn in Lombardo and his henchmens sides, You all bring up fat Don, I guess you also believe we missed an opportunity by not putting him in 591?
Where did I say that? I got news for you...I voted for every one of those 591 leaders that are in office. Do you not read every post of mine hear trashing the TWU establishment? I support his attempts to thwart the association. I made the martyr statement because he has to engage the company eventually. You can still be a fighter while communicating with them. By him allegedly donning his uniform and returning to his tool box only tells me this was ONLY about who pays his salary. Nothing noble here in my book. And please don't tell me that this is ONLY about impacting the treasury after 591 handed out tablets to all union leadership on down to shop stewards including internet access for Christmas. And without running it by the members.

OK, so most would expect Lombardo to have applied some leadership in defense of 591 by now regardless of his indifferences with them yet , nothing. Also, the UB has to be covered somehow since it's being denied by the company so the question is, do the funds come from Intl budget or 591? Reason to ask is because one theory is the sooner 591 resources can be bled down, the sooner they can break us. Well, guess what? The old management is gone, and deals of the past most likely will not be continued.

And now we can see your reason for starting this thread, some ball-less attempt to trash G.P. Dude, your nowhere near his league! :lol:
Wow, you can tell ALL that from my one opening sentence. And I got news for you DUDE....You don't anything about me, but I know about GP. Who the f*** wants to be in his league anyway?

bigjets said:

I'm guessing you work at ORD, from the way I hear it, the contract is abused on a regular bases, is that not true? 

Did GP say he's not going to meetings with Wroble any longer, is this not true? How is that helping any of us?

Has having an adversarial relationship worked with any airline union?

I will give you that 591 board probably does stuff for us that we don't see on the floor, but I also don't see anything good either.

My problem with bob is, he spouted all sorts of rhetoric, and none of it helpful. Someone of his standing shouldn't just say what we want to hear, only the real information. Just my opinion. I do appreciate the fact that he and all union people stand up and does something though, I just think his approach is dead wrong. We don't need rhetoric!

My apologies for the dig. Yea, ORD mngmnt continues to stomp all over our Contract rights and have been agressive toward our 'targetted' group of mechanics by denying seniority rights and labor loaning. Fortunately, the unintended consequences appear to be that it will strengthen our efforts to grow solidarity amongs us. That's why I also don't support an adversarial campaign by members or mngmnt. It's counter-productive and can produce unintended consequences. Problem is, while Parker and his cronies are blowing smoke of rainbows and candy canes, the front line is seeing something very different.
Regarding Bob, at the point most of us were introduced to him there was the complaint by many a TWU member that we were being denied information. From my perspective, he put the bullseye on his back, one that all the naysayers here attempted to knock off, and gave us some concrete info that was never able to be achieved previously. In my opinion, his fault might be he never learned the old adage, "less is more" so sure, what can be seen as excess can also be taken as rhetoric.

MetalMover said:

The problem with this statement is that you give the impression that our 591 Reps are aligned with the International. Anyone paying attention knows GP and his entourage have been a major thorn in Lombardo and his henchmens sides, You all bring up fat Don, I guess you also believe we missed an opportunity by not putting him in 591?
Where did I say that? I got news for you...I voted for every one of those 591 leaders that are in office. Do you not read every post of mine hear trashing the TWU establishment? I support his attempts to thwart the association. I made the martyr statement because he has to engage the company eventually. You can still be a fighter while communicating with them. By him allegedly donning his uniform and returning to his tool box only tells me this was ONLY about who pays his salary. Nothing noble here in my book. And please don't tell me that this is ONLY about impacting the treasury after 591 handed out tablets to all union leadership on down to shop stewards including internet access for Christmas. And without running it by the members.

OK, so most would expect Lombardo to have applied some leadership in defense of 591 by now regardless of his indifferences with them yet , nothing. Also, the UB has to be covered somehow since it's being denied by the company so the question is, do the funds come from Intl budget or 591? Reason to ask is because one theory is the sooner 591 resources can be bled down, the sooner they can break us. Well, guess what? The old management is gone, and deals of the past most likely will not be continued.

And now we can see your reason for starting this thread, some ball-less attempt to trash G.P. Dude, your nowhere near his league! :lol:
Wow, you can tell ALL that from my one opening sentence. And I got news for you DUDE....You don't anything about me, but I know about GP. Who the f*** wants to be in his league anyway?

Take a deep breath my friend, appears you are seeing 'red'. So your ok to sit back and let 591 do the dirty work of fighting the Association but take issue with tablets? That's the problem with you "stone chuckers", you want it both ways. Sometimes you get the good with the bad, it is the TWBoo after all.
Regarding the UB, you need read the letter again. This is purely a hostile move on Wrobel's part to disrupt what is standard operation of any Union. Pay for time that our Union Reps apply toward Union Business needs to come from somewhere. It's common that the company picks it up at certain times, that's why the Baker letter and Durst agreement was created. This new announcement is an agressive tactic by mngement, plain and simple. Some of you clowns give our Union leadership way too much credit for how things play out.
And no, I didn't judge your reason for the thread on your opening post, I gave you 9 opportunities to convince us.

JABORD said:
Take a deep breath my friend, appears you are seeing 'red'. So your ok to sit back and let 591 do the dirty work of fighting the Association but take issue with tablets? That's the problem with you "stone chuckers", you want it both ways. Sometimes you get the good with the bad, it is the TWBoo after all.
Regarding the UB, you need read the letter again. This is purely a hostile move on Wrobel's part to disrupt what is standard operation of any Union. Pay for time that our Union Reps apply toward Union Business needs to come from somewhere. It's common that the company picks it up at certain times, that's why the Baker letter and Durst agreement was created. This new announcement is an agressive tactic by mngement, plain and simple. Some of you clowns give our Union leadership way too much credit for how things play out.
And no, I didn't judge your reason for the thread on your opening post, I gave you 9 opportunities to convince us.

You must have a reading comprehension problem. Look through my posts and yo will see how vehemently opposed I am to the association. As for the dirty work, what do I pay union dues for? What do you suggest I do in fighting the association? Should I file a personal lawsuit? Picket the NMB? I already sent a letter to the NMB back when this association was agreed to by Little and Buffy? It got me NO WHERE! What should I do as far as DIRTY WORK goes in fighting the association? Please tell me!
As for the tablets, were YOU told beforehand how YOUR union dues will be spent? I wasn't. 
As for the Wroble letter, were you told about it beforehand as it was sent by him to GP on JANUARY 1, 2015? To be effective 1/15/2015? I wasn't. Why all the secrecy?
As for this clown, I know damn well why the letter was sent and the ramifications of it. This is the firing salvo that the "special relationship" shared by the TWU and LAA management is over. And getting back to one of my comments, this is an indication of things to come. Do you expect group hug negotiations between the TWU and the company? I don't.

Did this line in the letter to Gary Peterson sound unusual to anyone else?

As you know, however, UBP pay, where the Company pays the officer, is only authorized for work that is beneficial both to the Company and the TWU.
Wait, what? Since when should officers of union locals spend a single waking minute on any matters that are "beneficial to the company?"

If the members of a union want their local officers to be relieved of their day-to-day work responsibilities so that they can work on matters that are beneficial to the union members (and not the company), then the membership of the union locals should dig deep and pay their officers. Of course, that would not be such a big financial burden if the union delivered industry-leading pay and benefits instead of bottom-of-the-barrel pay and benefits like the TWU members receive. If AA's mechanics were making $45/hr to $50/hr, they could more easily afford to pay the officers' salaries.

JABORD said:

The Maintenance Group decided to let go of the Baker Letter in the BK negotiations, other title groups kept it. The fact they were getting 50% of their salary from the airline only means they made a deal outside of the CBA of which, according to the airline, the Officers of 591 did not live up to the parameters of the agreement.

NYer said:

The Maintenance Group decided to let go of the Baker Letter in the BK negotiations, other title groups kept it. The fact they were getting 50% of their salary from the airline only means they made a deal outside of the CBA of which, according to the airline, the Officers of 591 did not live up to the parameters of the agreement.

The way I understand the letter, GP said he wasn't going to the meetings with Wroble any longer, thereby not living up to the agreement with the company. Lets see how this is spun by bob, probably come up with, Wroble said "that if GP shows up at the meetings, I will take away one year of seniority of every legacy AA mech until GP stops going to the meetings"

Latest posts

Back