Iam Strike Vote Soon....

Oh boy...here we go again. Walk. All of you. Meanwhile, Tilton,
Grinstein, Arpey, Parker, et al will ride off into the sunset with
their golden parachutes. Do you think any of those guys really
cares what happens? It might be the best way to stop all the
bleeding.

Do you think enough people have the cajones to walk out
en masse or is this simply posturing to see who blinks first?

SMC

Well dummies like ""cub"96 have been voting yes to concessions :down: for the last 20+ years and look where it has gotten us! A NATIONAL STRIKE IS THE ONLY OPTION LEFT! :up: :up:

I seem to remember some pretty hefty concessions given by the AA unionized employees not too long ago ... hmmm, now how did that help "us"?

Anyway, I am on my own personal strike. I decided I would no longer work for what UA is willing to pay me, so I left.

Can you say the same, PK?

Didn't think so.

If more people (like YOU) would do what I did instead of rattling the strike sabre and not following through, industry pay and work conditions wouldn't be so abymsal.

See ya!

Bear,

In a perfect world you would be correct. However, you and I both know that UAL could lower our wages another 50% and there would be whores (i.e. FLYI employees) stepping up to the plate for interviews.

Six more months, and I'm following you out the door. I can't wait! :up:

Bear96 said:
I seem to remember some pretty hefty concessions given by the AA unionized employees not too long ago ... hmmm, now how did that help "us"?

Anyway, I am on my own personal strike. I decided I would no longer work for what UA is willing to pay me, so I left.

Can you say the same, PK?

Didn't think so.

If more people (like YOU) would do what I did instead of rattling the strike sabre and not following through, industry pay and work conditions wouldn't be so abymsal.

See ya!
[post="264681"][/post]​

The concessions were given by the TWU and the union leaders.The rank and file did not even have a fair voting process during the concessions and 3000 people did not get to vote.Jim Little and the TWU was sure how they wanted to vote and took care of the concessions for us.
So,yes,concessions at AA did lower the standard for airline workers but how they came about is debatable.

goingboeing said:
The concessions were given by the TWU and the union leaders.The rank and file did not even have a fair voting process during the concessions and 3000 people did not get to vote.Jim Little and the TWU was sure how they wanted to vote and took care of the concessions for us.
So,yes,concessions at AA did lower the standard for airline workers but how they came about is debatable.
[post="264727"][/post]​
So since it was all done so unfairly, did y'all STRIKE over the unjustness of it all, as PK is now urging UA employees to do?

Bear96 said:
f more people (like YOU) would do what I did instead of rattling the strike sabre and not following through, industry pay and work conditions wouldn't be so abymsal.
[post="264681"][/post]​
Really? How would that stop the bloodletting beyond one's self?

spacewaitress said:
Really? How would that stop the bloodletting beyond one's self?
[post="264755"][/post]​
Simple. If enough people decided they are unwilling to work for such low wages so that the only dregs left applying are those airlines consider unqualified or undesirable for the job, they would raise wages to attract the better-qualified people back.

As someone else pointed out above, as long as people are standing in line for airline jobs at crappy wages, airlines will always consider their employees to be "overpaid," and the downward pressure and race to the bottom will continue.

Only when enough people decided enough is enough and vote with their feet will that change.

goingboeing said:
[post="264727"][/post]​

More amfa BS. The losers decided to sue and a Federal Judge reviewed their accusations, found their claims ludicris and threw them out of his court!

Bear96 said:
Simple. If enough people decided they are unwilling to work for such low wages so that the only dregs left applying are those airlines consider unqualified or undesirable for the job, they would raise wages to attract the better-qualified people back.

As someone else pointed out above, as long as people are standing in line for airline jobs at crappy wages, airlines will always consider their employees to be "overpaid," and the downward pressure and race to the bottom will continue.

Only when enough people decided enough is enough and vote with their feet will that change.
[post="264757"][/post]​

Enough with your free market drivel. Don't you know that the only way anyone ever makes higher wages is to join a union and threaten a strike??? :D

There's no way anyone can ever make more money on their own. :D

For those who agree with the above, I have one question: How is that management is so highly paid (compared to the working grunts)?? Are they unionized??

FWAAA said:
Enough with your free market drivel. Don't you know that the only way anyone ever makes higher wages is to join a union and threaten a strike??? :D
[post="264774"][/post]​
Well that is another option. But striking rarely works if your employer is bankrupt, and is not a legal option if the union has agreed to the pay cuts.

FWAAA said:
For those who agree with the above, I have one question: How is that management is so highly paid (compared to the working grunts)?? Are they unionized??
[post="264774"][/post]​

Because they set the salaries to be offered (including their own with Board approval) and you know you got to take care of those "prize management teams" since they're doing such a bang up job of managing and making money. B)

ualdriver said:
How can you justify Jack Brace leaving? What specific things has he done in the past that brought UAL to the point where it is today other than being one of the few management guys left that was part of the "old team?" I'm not willing to burn the house down just because I don't like Jack Brace when I know the vast majority of the "old team" is long gone.

What development will propel UA out of BK? Banks willing to loan UAL the money necessary to exit bankruptcy. Nothing else matters as long as they are lined up. The banks seems to believe that paycuts, pension cancellation and replacement, and the other cost cutting plans in place will be enough to make their interest payments and protect their collateral. Short of a successful strike, hull loss, terrorist attack, or other catastrophic economic event, I imagine we'll exit bankruptcy as planned. But who knows what the future holds?
[post="263944"][/post]​

Tilton et al must be afraid of Brace and whatever secrets Jake has because as the CFO of a bankrupt business Brace has no credibility.

Proof?? Where are the banks lining up to give you money? And bankers loaning money are not exactly a 'big bang' event that alters history.

Strike and force this thing to a decision. Pride sir pride.

whatkindoffreshhell said:
Proof?? Where are the banks lining up to give you money? And bankers loaning money are not exactly a 'big bang' event that alters history.

Strike and force this thing to a decision. Pride sir pride.
[post="264803"][/post]​
Well, actually they are. We need them to provide the cash necessary to exit and sustain ourselves after bankruptcy. And a couple of months back, despite high oil prices and all the sabre rattling going on at the time, UAL found the banks necessary to exit bankruptcy.

Strike and force this thing to a decision? I already know what the end "decision" will be, and I wouldn't be too "proud" of putting tens of thousands of people out of a job. But, I guess it's a union's right to strike if it can be legally done, so sabre-rattle away! Burn the house down! Put yourself and your peers out of a job! That will really show Tilton and Brace!

Back