I.R.S. to Recognize All Gay Marriages, Regardless of State

• Banned
They can under this decision.
This pretty much supersedes "ANY" states decision.

Of course, they would have to get married in one of the states that is legal, but if your serious about your commitment, what's the issue?

The fed just superseded states rights.

As Fly pointed out the law has nothing to do with marriage rights as this just has to do with Federal benefits.

Aside from that, when I got married we had family and friends there. That would be quite unrealistic if I had to travel to one of 7 states that allowed me to get married, it would be unrealistic for me to have my family and friends follow.

The issue is separate but equal. That was struck down already. The 14th is quite clear on this matter. The next case that comes before the SCOTUS where the claimants have standing will see the laws against same sex marriage stuck down assuming the court does not swing back to the right with a different SCOTUS appointment. Given the track record of the GOP over the last several years that does not seem to be a risk.

Fed is going to allow VA benefits for same sex couples.

U.S. Won't Enforce Laws Banning VA Benefits For Same-Sex Couples

The Obama administration will stop enforcing two sections of a law that lays out benefits for U.S. veterans. The sections define marriage as between a man and woman and deny legally married same-sex couples Veterans Affairs benefits like health care and disability payments.

The Justice Department had in 2012 decided not to defend the statute in court. On Wednesday, in a letter to House Speaker John Boehner, a Republican from Ohio, Attorney General Eric Holder explained the executive branch was going a step further.

The dominoes just keep falling.

As Fly pointed out the law has nothing to do with marriage rights as this just has to do with Federal benefits.

Aside from that, when I got married we had family and friends there. That would be quite unrealistic if I had to travel to one of 7 states that allowed me to get married, it would be unrealistic for me to have my family and friends follow.

The issue is separate but equal. That was struck down already. The 14th is quite clear on this matter. The next case that comes before the SCOTUS where the claimants have standing will see the laws against same sex marriage stuck down assuming the court does not swing back to the right with a different SCOTUS appointment. Given the track record of the GOP over the last several years that does not seem to be a risk.

Fed is going to allow VA benefits for same sex couples.

U.S. Won't Enforce Laws Banning VA Benefits For Same-Sex Couples

[/size][/font][/color][/size][/font][/color]
The dominoes just keep falling.

Forgot about your vote.....

13 states moron.

I was married in an interracial marriage 35+ years ago and neither families supported it.
Had a short ceremony with a few friends and family.
Did it because we 'LOVED' each other, and still do.

If these a$$clowns need some kind of verification, then it's not "LOVE".

Don't worry as I am sure the gooberment will give tax deductions for a nice wedding with airfare for friends and family.

:wacko:

13 states moron.

I was married in an interracial marriage 35+ years ago and neither families supported it.

Don't worry as I am sure the gooberment will give tax deductions for a nice wedding with airfare for friends and family.

Or force you to bake a cake or do the photography against your religious convictions.

• Banned
13 states moron.

I guess it's a good thing you did not try and get married before 1967 because the government would have told you no.

Who ever said anything about needing verification (validation perhaps?)? We invited family and friends because we wanted to share the occasion with them as others have with us. Some people do that you know. Actually a lot of people do that. They invite people to their wedding because they want to not because they need to.

As soon as the government drops the ban on marriages the domestic partnerships, travel days to set up weddings ... etc will all disappear. I'm think it will all be gone in a year or two at most.

I guess it's a good thing you did not try and get married before 1967 because the government would have told you no.

Who ever said anything about needing verification (validation perhaps?)? We invited family and friends because we wanted to share the occasion with them as others have with us. Some people do that you know. Actually a lot of people do that. They invite people to their wedding because they want to not because they need to.

As soon as the government drops the ban on marriages the domestic partnerships, travel days to set up weddings ... etc will all disappear. I'm think it will all be gone in a year or two at most.

People invite suckers to their wedding to make a cash windfall.

Latest posts

Back