Dol Says Open The Ballots

Skyyggoddess said:
Jim, I have to disagree. If this was an honest mistake, then it is an honest mistake. If it was intentionally done, then whomever was responsible should be held accountable. I'm sorry but if this was a deliberate attempt to change the outcome of a union election, then that is a crime. It could well have been an honest mistake, I don't know...but if not, then this is a serious crime.
[post="166734"][/post]​

And, any first year prosecutor will tell you that intent is almost impossible to prove. Without the proverbial "smoking gun"--such as, a memo from/to Juan stating that as many STL ballots as possible would be invalidated--pursuing this is a waste of time and energy.

And, I agree with AAStew. I know Juan Johnson. I do not believe that this was a deliberate attempt to invalidate STL ballots. More than likely it was a misguided attempt to assure that the election was on the up and up.

This is interesting...

Special Hotline Update - August 10, 2004

Hello everyone. This is Liz Geiss, APFA National Communications
Coordinator, with a Special Hotline update for Tuesday, August 10th,

APFA received notification late on Monday afternoon August 9,
2004,from the Department of Labor that, on August 12, it will open
and count 16 ballots that were previously cast but not counted in
the election for President of APFA. The Department of Labor has
confirmed that this is part of its ongoing investigation of the
recent elections and that this will not cause an immediate change in
office holder regardless of the outcome of this additional ballot
count.

:blink: :blink:

Corinth2103 said:
This is interesting...
Special Hotline Update - August 10, 2004

Hello everyone. This is Liz Geiss, APFA National Communications
Coordinator, with a Special Hotline update for Tuesday, August 10th,

APFA received notification late on Monday afternoon August 9,
2004,from the Department of Labor that, on August 12, it will open
and count 16 ballots that were previously cast but not counted in
the election for President of APFA. The Department of Labor has
confirmed that this is part of its ongoing investigation of the
recent elections and that this will not cause an immediate change in
office holder regardless of the outcome of this additional ballot
count.
:blink: :blink:
[post="167315"][/post]​

I hate to inform JW, but if the ballots counted make THB the winner the DOL will have no choice as to immediately make THB the APFA President. John WAArd, will be the looser and I can't remember the last time second place was considered the winner. :rolleyes:

Sorry LiveIn, if THB is declared the winner in the balloting, JW will NOT, I say again, will NOT be immediately removed. APFA will have to decide what to do.

L1011Ret said:
Sorry LiveIn, if THB is declared the winner in the balloting, JW will NOT, I say again, will NOT be immediately removed. APFA will have to decide what to do.
[post="167322"][/post]​

The bottom line is we should have revote and start over. :rolleyes:

Live-in-a-hotel.

I was bothered that he MAY not be immediately removed - but my hopes are that the DOL will force him to step down (which they can do).

LiveInAHotel said:
I hate to inform JW, but if the ballots counted make THB the winner the DOL will have no choice as to immediately make THB the APFA President. John WAArd, will be the looser and I can't remember the last time second place was considered the winner. :rolleyes:
[post="167316"][/post]​
Too true, jw wants to be just like 'ol george bush. Is it me or are we seeing a pattern of second place texans taking office, screwing up everything, and blaming someone else for it?

jsn25911 said:
Live-in-a-hotel.

I was bothered that he MAY not be immediately removed - but my hopes are that the DOL will force him to step down (which they can do).
[post="167325"][/post]​

The DOL will give APFA possibly until the original deadline they imposed (9/3?)
to resolve the issue internally, and allow them to save face.....that means Ward goes and Tommie is installed....if not, then the DOL will take over, and they can do one of two things....install Tommie, or order a new election (but that is fraught with problems - people have retired, etc. and they can not "re-create" that moment in time , which is what an election does - it creates a result at a given moment in time. And with APFA's history of voting fraud, the DOL would have to oversee the vote....something they really would rather not have to do....as for Ward, Johnson, and APFA........"Gentlemen, it is time to start your shredders"
:eek:

L1011Ret said:
[post="167322"][/post]​
This BOD better convene by conference call and decide to abide by the final counting done by the DOL. I will not stand for a second election and deal with jw and his lies. Its not fair and I don't want to incur the expense and time of a second balloting of the membership.

FA Mikey said:
This BOD better convene by conference call and decide to abide by the final counting done by the DOL. I will not stand for a second election and deal with jw and his lies. Its not fair and I don't want to incur the expense and time of a second balloting of the membership.
[post="167334"][/post]​

I second da motion! :D :up:

LiveInAHotel said:
The bottom line is we should have revote and start over. :rolleyes:
[post="167323"][/post]​
Be careful what you wish for. If there is a revote, the JW crowd may start yelling the dreaded S word. (Seniority)

It might stir up the apathetic 12,000 who didn't vote the first time around and he might win by a landslide next time.

jimntx said:
Be careful what you wish for. If there is a revote, the JW crowd may start yelling the dreaded S word. (Seniority)

It might stir up the apathetic 12,000 who didn't vote the first time around and he might win by a landslide next time.
[post="167349"][/post]​

Hopefully he got all of the 5000 idiots who believed that one THB was going to give away their seniority. Two that THB or any APFA president has at this point has the ability to change it.

FA Mikey said:
Too true, jw wants to be just like 'ol george bush. Is it me or are we seeing a pattern of second place texans taking office, screwing up everything, and blaming someone else for it?
[post="167331"][/post]​

Hey Mike..your old classmate here..Lord you couldn't be any more right...but for whatever it's worth, I don't know any friends or f/a's here in the DFW area that are for either of the W's...can you imagine that???!!! :rolleyes:

Tim

Corinth2103 said:
Hey Mike..your old classmate here..Lord you couldn't be any more right...but for whatever it's worth, I don't know any friends or f/a's here in the DFW area that are for either of the W's...can you imagine that???!!! :rolleyes:

Tim
[post="167408"][/post]​

Hey Tim!! It may be like Nixon. Winning the popular vote, yet being hard pressed to find anyone who actually voted for him. At the very least it refreshing to hear.

Back