Do Other Airlines' Employees Pay To Travel ?

livingontheedge said:
Is that true that America West does not board by seniority?
[post="291007"][/post]​

That's correct. It's based on your check-in time within your boarding priority.

livingontheedge said:
Is that true that America West does not board by seniority?
[post="291007"][/post]​

YES AWA boards by priority's and then by check in time and as an employee outside of keeping a job that is one of the next things I would want to keep. Boarding by seniority especialy in this time of full loads makes planning travel very dificult. We did that in the military and you had a flight that looked good and had been there all day and 2 miutes before 15 Officers should up to go play golf.

UPNAWAY said:
YES AWA boards by priority's and then by check in time and as an employee outside of keeping a job that is one of the next things I would want to keep. Boarding by seniority especialy in this time of full loads makes planning travel very dificult. We did that in the military and you had a flight that looked good and had been there all day and 2 miutes before 15 Officers should up to go play golf.
[post="291009"][/post]​

I also hope we keep the boarding by check-in time. It doesn't hurt the higher seniority employees at all--just check in early! And with web check-in now available, there is no excuse to NOT check in early.

rjh said:
That's correct. It's based on your check-in time within your boarding priority.
[post="291008"][/post]​

The rumor mill is that time of check in will prevail at the "New" US Airways. :(

PITMTC said:
If I remember coorectly we paid for one year after 9-11. I believe Dave S took the charge away to help improve moral. It worked for a day, then it was back to the whining.
[post="290721"][/post]​

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

We will see who whines once U gets rid of a few more of their moron managers.

dramsey777 said:
:down: You pay with US, with your Life and then they kick you in the Ass! Non-reving is impossible even with Seniority. Which I understand AWA doesn't use. Their Gate Agents list all their Friends the night before for the 1st come 1st serve!! :down: How does a $14 mill. airline take OVER a $60 million losing Airline? It doesn't they both go under!
[post="290931"][/post]​

You are a liar. As 700UW says, "Don't let the facts get in the way."

pitguy said:
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
We will see who whines once U gets rid of a few more of their moron managers.
[post="291016"][/post]​
It's coming soon for sure, if that's what wil make you happy.

:D You work for Flying by Seniority and not by playing Favorites! Like you rFriends Checking you in Early for a Flight.
:down: It will not fly with all the US employees and retirees and there are more of us then there is of HP!!!

dramsey777 said:
:D You work for Flying by Seniority and not by playing Favorites! Like you rFriends Checking you in Early for a Flight.
:down: It will not fly with all the US employees and retirees and there are more of us then there is of HP!!!
[post="291288"][/post]​

You don't need to "play favorites". You can check in on the web, just like anyone. Using seniority is unfair to newer employees--they should have the equal chance to get on a flight.

Using check-in time is the only truly fair way of doing it. Higher seniority employees can check in anytime on the web, just like everyone else.

Let's see how you feel about that when all the East Coast employees get on the standby list to Hawaii first. ;)

rjh said:
You don't need to "play favorites". You can check in on the web, just like anyone. Using seniority is unfair to newer employees--they should have the equal chance to get on a flight.

Using check-in time is the only truly fair way of doing it. Higher seniority employees can check in anytime on the web, just like everyone else.
[post="291351"][/post]​

Thank you. It is practically impossible to play with check-in times with QIK. Think it requires a supervisor sign-in.

MarkMyWords said:
Let's see how you feel about that when all the East Coast employees get on the standby list to Hawaii first. ;)
[post="291352"][/post]​

That's how it works now so it won't break anyone's heart. If an employee at JFK flies to ONT connecting in LAS then they will be on the top of the list over LAS employees waiting for that flight. Been that way for years. And if you want to play that game, wait 'til I check in at LAX for a flight to FRA connecting at PHL.

Back