Democrats.....the gift that keeps on giving

• Banned
Kev3188 said:
Yeah, people eating and staying alive is just the worst...

How is it possible with such a (supposed) low unemployment rate we have a record amount of people on food stamps?

• Banned
cltrat said:
abuse of the system is rampart in my area there's a market for the cards

They don't want to address the abuse. They need the underclass to remain for votes via payoffs with crap like this.

• Banned
Kev3188 said:
Yeah, people eating and staying alive is just the worst...

Not really informed are you?

1. They Are Ineffective at Reducing Hunger
 A report compiled by the Government Accountability Office (GAO) noted that while SNAP (the largest food stamp program) has had some positive results, “the literature is inconclusive regarding whether SNAP alleviates hunger and malnutrition in low-income households.”  It went on to say that, “those who choose to participate in food assistance programs generally have greater difficulty meeting their food needs and tend to be more food insecure compared to others that are eligible for programs but do not participate.” In other words, these programs, despite costing tens of billions per year, are not making a sizable impact on hunger in America. 

Kev3188 said:
So everyone that has a card is gaming the system?

2. They are Subject to Large Scale Fraud & Error 
The Government Accountability Office reports that despite great progress, “the amount of SNAP benefits paid in error is substantial, totaling about $2.2 billion in 2009.”  Other food programs are worse. The Daily Caller reports the story of Adam Sylvain, a student at George Mason University, who recounts, “My roommate told me he applied for food stamps, and they told him he qualified for $200 a month in benefits… He’s here on scholarship and he saves over $5,000 each summer in cash. A few of our other friends who were in the room also said if there were able to, they would get food stamps … They think that if they’re eligible it’s the government’s fault, so they might as well.”  Stories like this are not uncommon. Nor is the misuse of food stamp money by retailers or consumers. In fact, there are only 40 investigators for over 193,000 retailers nationwide

Kev3188 said:
didn't say that so don't put words in my mouth , but there's quit afew when there a market of them

Kev3188 said:

Do you remember the asset tests state by state?

Do you think it was cool for a guy with 2 homes, a Harley, a couple cars, $80,000 in the bank, to qualify for SNAP?

• Banned
Kev3188 said:
I'm sure CLTRat appreciates you speaking for him.

Im not putting words in his mouth, I merely responded to your misinformation with facts.

If you want to have a private conversation then take it to pm, otherwise this is an open forum for all to discuss.

Kev3188 said:
Nope, but that doesn't mean everyone is on the take, either...

It's more than they let on.

More are on the take than the legit people....

Just means more 'get over'.

• Banned
Kev3188 said:
Nope, but that doesn't mean everyone is on the take, either...

Cherry picking stats doesn't make it right either.

You have a problem with business's/corporations who turn a blind eye to fraud and abuse, but when its the government using your tax dollars you're ok with it?

Good to know.

Back