Buddy Pass Scheme at PHL

I've seen way too many abuses of the system to be surprised by anything. Earlier this week I had a friend that was flying on the same flight for one leg with me and he didn't get on because the agent skipped over him and took someone that checked in later. I've had my SA1 changed into an SA9 at the gate and seen junior SA1s get pulled off an airplane because a senior SA3 throws a fit. It's sad and pathetic at times.
Why not make it simple and tape the nonrev list next to the podium?
Why is it so top secret? How about a final report showing who is who? They conveniently don't show up sometimes. "You need to take the j/s"

Does Delta or AA do that? you can see what you number is?

I don't know of any airline that has a public display of just non-rev standbys, but as yoyodyne's pic shows several airlines have the standby list on a monitor - revenue and non-rev standbys on one list.

Jim

Thats when you get a shift manager involved and they can pull the list of who, what, when, and where....then that goes to PHX travel and then they get involved....I had to use an SA1 out of PHX on a sunday morning, in front of 48 Sa3 employees, otherwise I would have been stuck at the gate....with a hire date of 07.....

Dan
I didn't know until I got on the airplane and the FA asked me who I worked for. The only reason I knew this time is because I was talking to a non-rev from Piedmont, it seems they have a mobile friendly website that shows that information in real time. It would be nice to see that type of functionality available via Wings.

DL does have a monitor at the gate that shows all stbys.. rev and non rev. I flew through ATL once on them and when I got to the
gate my name was already on the list.. Didn't even have to chk in . Very effective . It frees the agents up to work the flt and also gives a non rev an idea
where they stand.. Also the agents were very apologetic for not being able to put us in First Class. DL really does take care of Non Revs
got better treatment from them then on my own airline.

Hawaiian has a print out at gates displayed on the counters. Lufthansa uses big monitor displays at each gate. A public screen at US hubs would surely bring better performance for on time departures as well as customer service. The 'crooked' incidents would also probably decline.

AA displays a standby list on the screen at the gate in priority order. However, revenue standbys (oversolds, booked on other flights but standing by for this one, etc) are listed first. Also, remember for non-revs, seniority is not the ranking standard. We use check in time within the same standby priority. If we are both using D2 travel (most common...unlimited coach travel) and you check in at 19:54:29 with 5 years seniority and I check in at 19:54:30 with 30 years seniority, you go ahead of me on the standby list. If I list for the flight and burn one of my D1's (we get 4 D1 passes per year), I will go ahead of you because it is a higher priority category. Also, since I am a flight attendant, I may still ride the jumpseat if there are other non-jumpseat qualified D1's ahead of me.

Why not make it simple and tape the nonrev list next to the podium?

LOL.... "tape it to the podium...." not poking fun at you but, in times where almost every airline has GIDS at their gates, your idea would just be a wonderful idea that would bring to full circle - the ghetto-ness at US Airways.

So far behind the others, but hey, what can ya say.... it's Ghetto west airways.

Back