Aa Operations At Jfk During Power Outage.

AAmech,

You never heard that kind of talk from me. Some JB people do go overboard, though that kind of trash talk is discouraged. The idea is to focus on our own performance, not other airlines'. Besides, the fine folks at AA and elsewhere are doing the best they can with what they have, like everyone else. It seems that most of your criticism comes from within, not from JB people. I was just trying to keep Heavy honest, since his judgement that "JB is no different from any airline" was based on demonstrably bad info.

WingNaPrayer,

That's been said from the beginning, but the fact is that we are taken care of very well without unionization. Already a significant part of those record profits are given back to the employees, so what's a union going to do for us? Take more (and maybe kill growth in the business)? "Corporate" makes no bones about the fact that the employees make it all possible so don't expect that some great awakening will occur. Unless a union could demonstrate that it could do a better job taking care of the employees than management, and that would be a very hard sell, then there will be no union representation at JetBlue.

For some reason, I get the feeling that not too far into the distant future, the phrase "told ya so" is going to get thrown around a bit on this subject. ;)

Blue Dude,

Are you in charge of PR for Jet Blue? If not, you should be. It has been a long while since hearing such enthusiasm expressed by an airline employee. Your comments and concern for your company are reminiscent of earlier days in the industry.

Almost every major airline had a period of time during which they were considered “The bestâ€￾. That recognition seemed to coincide with those years shortly after each airline was founded and almost without exception, while the founder was running the operation. There was something about working with (in those days, for) someone whose entire life was committed to building a great airline. Their passion for the success of the company was contagious.

It is my belief that your airline now has that winning combination of leadership and enthusiasm. This is a wonderful thing to see and for this reason I further believe that your company will continue to enjoy great success AS LONG as it is under the leadership of Mr. Neeleman.

Although my main concern will always be for my fellow TWAers, now with (or hoping to return to) American Airlines, may I wish you well. Contrary to that old line in the western movies; “This town IS big enough for the both of usâ€￾.

Randy Kramer

p.s.
Somehow I think you just MAY BE in management. ;) :)

extwacaptain,

Thanks for your kind words. I think you've gotten it right. There is something strange and wonderful about working for the founder that I can't equate to anything else. Fortunately, Mr. Neeleman isn't the sole driving force behind the company. He's largely responsible for being the public face and creative force of the company, but he's surrounded himself with extraordinarily capable people. I'm continuously impressed with just how good these people are at what they do. That is to say, they can run an airline, maintain a terrific working environment, and make money doing it. It's not a one man show.

Certainly the town is big enough for the both of us. Some of our traffic is skimmed, but a lot is created by stimulating markets. And there are a lot of people who are thrilled with AA service and wouldn't be caught dead in an all-coach aircraft. Different markets, different airlines. More than enough room for both.

BTW, I'm just a line pilot, not PR, not management. And I think I'm pretty typical, which is another reason why you probably won't see much demand for a union anytime soon. WingNaPrayer, are you listening? It's not always about the money. I don't have to make the most to be quite satisfied with the current arrangements.

Airlines9 said:
Kirkpatric,

Didn’t you work for TWA. When did you turn into such a turncoat. How can you try to come to the defense of AA. Don’t you remember what they did to the TWA F/As?

How much money did you and AA make from fellow TWA F/As being a traitor, I mean trader?

Airlines9
A9,
kirkpatrick, who you are "flame-baiting", has shown he is not ruled by emotions. You should get a grip.

:boring:

After reading many of Kirkpatric's posts I conclude he is not a "flame baiter" at all. In fact he posts many of the more factual and informative posts on these BBs. It would seem that others are trying to provoke "flame baiting."

L1011Ret said:
After reading many of Kirkpatric's posts I conclude he is not a "flame baiter" at all. In fact he posts many of the more factual and informative posts on these BBs. It would seem that others are trying to provoke "flame baiting."

re-read my post, it is addressed to K9. . .

Let me break it down for you, and I will color code it!

K9, (the person addressed) Kirkpatrick, (the person referenced),

who you (K9) are flame-baiting. . .

has shown he (Kirkpatrick) is not ruled by emotions

You (K9) should get a grip

If there is still a problem with understanding this, just skip it. . .

:bleh: :oops: :bleh:

skyangelnflight said:

who you (K9) are flame-baiting. . .

has shown he (Kirkpatrick) is not ruled by emotions

You (K9) should get a grip

If there is still a problem with understanding this, just skip it. . .

:bleh: :oops: :bleh:
Had you properly used the English language and, instead, written:

A9,
kirkpatrick, whom you are "flame-baiting", has shown he is not ruled by emotions. You should get a grip.

There would have been no confusion regarding whom you were addressing.

skyangelnflight said:

Skyangelnflight,

Although this post was not directed to me, it was directed to K9. I felt obligated to bring my two dogs into the office and read your message to them. They smiled and said:â€￾ARF…..ARFâ€￾ and then applauded for our good friend Kirkpatrick.

You can’t fool the kids OR
the dogs.

Randy Kramer

extwacaptain said:
skyangelnflight said:

Skyangelnflight,

Although this post was not directed to me, it was directed to K9. I felt obligated to bring my two dogs into the office and read your message to them. They smiled and said:â€￾ARF…..ARFâ€￾ and then applauded for our good friend Kirkpatrick.

You can’t fool the kids OR
the dogs.

Randy Kramer
Mr. Kramer,
Your dogs are obviously intelligent, have good taste, and are very skilled. My little sweetie is clever, she can shake hands, roll over, smile, but I have not seen her applaud yet. Perhaps I should read her some of these posts!

I am honored that such a celebrity reads my post to his pups! I have read so many good things about you! I am also glad they understood the post even without the "M",.. ...
Who
Whom
Zoom - zoom

What is the topic? Oh yeah, power out . . .yeah, I heard on the news it was out all right. I was also wondering how jet blue was able to take off if ATC was not operating? <_<

I just read this post to my pup, she did not applaud, she went to bed. . . . :unsure:

Bluedood,

You have not been paying for MX bcause your airplanes are under warranty. Now, take a look at some of your older airplanes, say #536. Lot's of write ups starting to happen. What happens when 2 of your airplanes go in for a heavy C. That menas 5% of your fleet is up on jacks!! That's what I'm saying. Ok, for the last time(I hope) there is a big diff between loading up a -320 and a 777 going to EU in a power outage. Hence our slowness during the blackout. Nuff said.
There are some JB types aout there that wish other peoples airlins to bocome extinct. What a horrible thing to think much less say. Don't be upset about competition, what is AA supposed to do just roll over and let everyone take over. A curious satement made by a JB pilot friend when we began flying the same routes JFK-LGB and all " You guys need to stop taking our routes!" Anyone see an issue here?

H
:blink:

Heavy,

I see that you didn't try to defend your statement that JetBlue isn't paying for aircraft. That was wise. However...

You have not been paying for MX bcause your airplanes are under warranty.

You're wrong and I'm right on this one. JetBlue isn't paying for maintenance? Aircraft parts are under warranty. And even then on some of the older (haha) aircraft they've already reached flight time or cycle limits for some parts and are out of warranty. Some of the engines have long since been out. So who pays for out of warranty parts? Not Airbus. And who maintains the planes, clears squawks, and gives them daily, weekly, A and B checks? Hint: it's not Airbus. At outstations, it's sometimes contract maintenance (paid for... not by Airbus), but it's usually our own mechanics, paid for by (guess!) JetBlue. Maintained in facilities paid for by (guess!) JetBlue. The whole maintenance structure (engineering, tech ops, pubs, training, facilities, etc.) paid for by... not Airbus, JetBlue.

C checks have been ongoing for more than two years. Some aircraft have been through three times already and will be going into D check next year. All of this is paid for by... you guessed it, JetBlue. Maintenance expenditures are relatively low and will rise further over time, but they are far from zero.

What happens when 2 of your airplanes go in for a heavy C. That menas 5% of your fleet is up on jacks!!

At least 3% of the fleet is out of service at any one time for heavy maintenance alone. It takes from 10 to 40 days for any heavy check and since you can only go 60 weeks or so between checks... you do the math. We take a new plane on the average of every three to four weeks, and better minds than yours or mine manage the flow of aircraft for delivery, operation, spares and maintenance so that there isn't a shortage. So don't worry yourself.

There are some JB types aout there that wish other peoples airlins to bocome extinct. What a horrible thing to think much less say.

And for the last time, I can't speak for everyone at JetBlue, so don't take it out on me that a few might wish for other airlines to go away. You often wish for each other to go away so that your own company may be saved. There are plenty of people that wish for us to go away but I don't take it personally. Some actually take it out on JetBlue pilots by denying the jumpseat, for instance. You'll never see that here, in fact just the opposite. You need to lighten up.

Bluedude,

People at JB tell me differently. We shall see. No need to lighten up I wish no one ill.

H

Latest posts

Back