Workers face hassles of US Airways security

I got detained coming back from AMS for an hour & a half. As long as there is a wanted Arab terrorist using my name, this will NEVER end.

With your name, I'd have figured a wanted IRA guy.

I say that as someone who (until I got a UK work visa) was regularly beat up by the brits entering the UK. Irish name, in my case. It cleared up once I got the visa, and now the brits let me enter the country using nothing my my Iris (pardon the pun). I'd suggest to you that after 90 minutes (or the dozens of times you've probably been flagged because of the no-fly nonsense) that the feds could develop some procedure to "un flag" you.

With that said, I'd rephrase what I said in my post above: if using all the tools at their disposal results in you (not exactly arab) being detained for 90 minutes, do you really think that CBP has it's proverbial stuff together? You want them relying on "lists of lists?" Or the now infamous "terrorism score?"

Take the article in question as a great example: one of the subjects has (presumably) SIDA access but can't board an airplane without a supervisor. How stupid is that?

Back