WN Mechanics seek mediation

The history of amfa- sell all work rules- scope - language that was negotiated prior for cash and run the cba agreement in to the ground. Am I not the only person seein this??? Wow.

I agree. We (union) has moved too much with the very limited and little movement from the co.
Culture has majorly changed indeed. I disagree with you on enough votes to pass it. I will say that in Dallas the scope is right up there with full retro. If the current update was brought out as a T/A it would not pass. Company for one is way too far off of full retro, still not accounting for the added year after their last 8-16 offer of raises, no movement what-so-ever in scope, blah, blah blah, it's the same ole crap.
I still think they are afraid of a repeat of the 2009 vote, recommended no, but it passed.I know before the road shows that was mentioned in the local union meetings.

I still think they are afraid of a repeat of the 2009 vote, recommended no, but it passed.I know before the road shows that was mentioned in the local union meetings.

Doesn't matter what they are or are not afraid of. Simple fact that until the company comes to a T/A with our negotiators we will not get anything to vote on just like the Pilots do. It must pass the NC with a T/A in order to get a vote from the membership, until then, I guess we will sit and wait, in due time they will have to move when the maint comes due and the Hawaii flights get closer. Like it has been posted before, we have been very united, don't give up now. The NC is very proud how united we are as a membership, it helps them at the table as we did see at last nego's. So stay united and full support of our NC it does help.

Doesn't matter what they are or are not afraid of. Simple fact that until the company comes to a T/A with our negotiators we will not get anything to vote on just like the Pilots do. It must pass the NC with a T/A in order to get a vote from the membership, until then, I guess we will sit and wait, in due time they will have to move when the maint comes due and the Hawaii flights get closer. Like it has been posted before, we have been very united, don't give up now. The NC is very proud how united we are as a membership, it helps them at the table as we did see at last nego's. So stay united and full support of our NC it does help.
Oh not ready to throw in the towel, the 4 ALRs need to sign off for a T/A. If you drag it out and get o.k., in this strong economy, AMFA stays, we would definitely need a change in our ALRs. I like AMFA openness, there are things about the Teamsters I miss, but there were problems, we both know that. The Max maintenance coming due will help us, plus upper SWA management wants it done. That explains a lot of some movement from the company.

We all know how collective bargaining works and the financial health of the company, the nations economy, and future outlook play major roles in results. When times were bleak you could expect little to nothing from negotiations. While the other major workgroups have settled contracts, we have not and as a result are in the midst of the most prosperous economic era in our history. While that does not entitle us to carte blanche, compromise is something the company must accept as reality. Full retro in not unreasonable as the pilots, previous to tax cuts, were able to obtain and station protection for many was a step forward.

We all know how collective bargaining works and the financial health of the company, the nations economy, and future outlook play major roles in results. When times were bleak you could expect little to nothing from negotiations. While the other major workgroups have settled contracts, we have not and as a result are in the midst of the most prosperous economic era in our history. While that does not entitle us to carte blanche, compromise is something the company must accept as reality. Full retro in not unreasonable as the pilots, previous to tax cuts, were able to obtain and station protection for many was a step forward.
Full retro, would be nice, but if get close, and a descent raise, and people have their station protections, and bid protections, most people would be happy with that.

Full retro, would be nice, but if get close, and a descent raise, and people have their station protections, and bid protections, most people would be happy with that.
It might be noted that the flight attendants and the pilots got compounded backpay, something the company has yet to present to us and with each passing year increases. They've only met 4 1/2 days in the last 152. That hardly qualifies the company to say "we are actively working to get you a contract" as they could likely compel the mediator to meet more often.

I got an idea to help the progression in negotiations. Have the Seham advisory/ legal team file a Federal lawsuit. That will work!!!!

Not me and many, many others in Dallas. The full retro they gave to pilots, dead pilots, past pilots, pilots that have gone on to other companies, and including the families of dead pilots is just a slap in the face to the mechanics that they say they will not entertain. Southwest will pay pilots from the past that are no longer here "full retro" and will not even give one thought to "full retro" to current mechanics currently employed at Southwest. That my friends is just pathetic and speaks volumes how Southwest REALLY feels about their mechanics. So sad indeed...

Not me and many, many others in Dallas. The full retro they gave to pilots, dead pilots, past pilots, pilots that have gone on to other companies, and including the families of dead pilots is just a slap in the face to the mechanics that they say they will not entertain. Southwest will pay pilots from the past that are no longer here "full retro" and will not even give one thought to "full retro" to current mechanics currently employed at Southwest. That my friends is just pathetic and speaks volumes how Southwest REALLY feels about their mechanics. So sad indeed...
It's because we are not inflight and never will be treated,as such. We are slightly above the Ramp in their eyes regardless of what we think. Our tactics have not really worked in over 5 years, almost 6 now. If you get almost all of your back pay, and keep most of the rules that are important, and a good raise, that's a win in my book. If AMFA is promising a big pile of cash, and they keep saying they can get it, and you can't, but your close, why would you want to continue on the same path of nothing.

It's because we are not inflight and never will be treated,as such. We are slightly above the Ramp in their eyes regardless of what we think. Our tactics have not really worked in over 5 years, almost 6 now. If you get almost all of your back pay, and keep most of the rules that are important, and a good raise, that's a win in my book. If AMFA is promising a big pile of cash, and they keep saying they can get it, and you can't, but your close, why would you want to continue on the same path of nothing.
AMFA is not promising a big pile of money and you know this. The only thing AMFA has promised is to fight for a fair contract and to fight for the scope to not get destroyed. They are also promising to fight for full retro as well as other top items in all our surveys that were taken.
If you haven't noticed there was no future dates set after the last 2 days in DC nego's. Looks like we will be sitting again for awhile. Just because the co. raised the bonus by 7% for a total of 27% does not mean the NC would jump on it. The company is CLEARLY trying to buy out the mechanics scope and completely destroy it. The members really need to start asking themselves why this is. If the co. gets scope, LOA 1 and LOA 2 you will in fact see a very different maint. system with hardly any heavy structures in Dallas.

AMFA is not promising a big pile of money and you know this. The only thing AMFA has promised is to fight for a fair contract and to fight for the scope to not get destroyed. They are also promising to fight for full retro as well as other top items in all our surveys that were taken.
If you haven't noticed there was no future dates set after the last 2 days in DC nego's. Looks like we will be sitting again for awhile. Just because the co. raised the bonus by 7% for a total of 27% does not mean the NC would jump on it. The company is CLEARLY trying to buy out the mechanics scope and completely destroy it. The members really need to start asking themselves why this is. If the co. gets scope, LOA 1 and LOA 2 you will in fact see a very different maint. system with hardly any heavy structures in Dallas.
With the classics gone, there was a lot of your structure work, the 700,s you can only do so many stab skins, and cockpit window mods. Instead of trying to hold onto the past, go for hours and whatever the new maintenance footprint is. You go for headcount and bid positions, and the checks regardless what they call it.I told you Swampy people are only going to be patient for so long, now that AMFA 18 in Houston has elected a new ALR.

Back