Will we see CLT-SJU get a A332

I do and did u read the question???? i am trying to find out where that A332 might go in the time is here in the states.

If US sent the 332 to BOS during the day, I'd take it hands down over JetBlue for my flight to CLT. AA has sent 763s and 777s from MIA here during the day between long haul flights, why doesn't US do the same?

Josh

They did run one between PHL & CLT last summer, but at this point it is a 767

If i remember right it was 2 summers ago. But when they did the flight were WIDE open, every time i took that flight 1085 from PHL it was book less than 120 each time.... i dont know if they will do that again.... but you never know

As the A332 deliveries resume, you'll see the plane on domestic markets for a bit of time. I seem to recall ETOPS aircraft needing to be flown on non-ETOPS routes for a certain period of time before being able to fly ETOPS routes. Perhaps someone else here can clarify.

Nope,

Only time you need domestic markets for time is when a new fleet type is introduced. US has an ETOPS program and the A330s are ETOPS from the factory, no need to keep them on a domestic route.

When an ETOPS plane breaks, it does need a domestic verification flight, and that can now be accomplished when it takes off and leaves for Europe, just has to fly over the US for a bit before it can head over the pond.

By using a 332 that sits idle in CLT would assume the exact same 332 goes CLT-GIG every day since, I think, there are no other 332 routes from CLT.

I would think that we will see some CLT-PHL repositioning flights before we see CLT-SJU. Or perhaps...GIG-CLT-SJU-PHL and PHL-SJU-CLT-GIG.

When will the A332 be loaded into the reservations system for Clt-GiG. and what if instead of doing a domestic run if maybe they will keep Clt-cdg or the 2nd clt-fra instead and use the A332 on it. It would still have a lengthy layover in Charlotte but it could be possible.

Back