US Airways top execs enter into new change-of-control deals

Nost,

Finally, some personal attacks! How utterly charming!

Point on your point:

1) US Airways was dead in the water.

2) You seem to relish in your own misery.

3) Stakeholders shouldn't be confused with stockholders, I don't care how much time you have "invested" in the Company.

Also, there is this thing called a "web search". Now if you did a web search for the quote (versus impugning my reputation), "That was some of the best flying I've seen to date - right up to the part where you got killed," you would have learned it was a line from the movie, "Top Gun" said by the character in the role of a pilot named.... wanna guess? JESTER!

Bring your A-game next time.

So bemused is Jester! :lol:

Nost,

Finally, some personal attacks! How utterly charming!

Point on your point:

1) US Airways was dead in the water.

2) You seem to relish in your own misery.

3) Stakeholders shouldn't be confused with stockholders, I don't care how much time you have "invested" in the Company.

"
Also, there is this thing called a "web search". Now if you did a web search for the quote (versus impugning my reputation), "That was some of the best flying I've seen to date - right up to the part where you got killed," you would have learned it was a line from the movie, "Top Gun" said by the character in the role of a pilot named.... wanna guess? JESTER!

Bring your A-game next time.

So bemused is Jester! :lol:
Taking your advice, I did a web search on you. You are a part time ramp agent ready to walk away from a part time job at any moment.
Gutsy. You are miserable but are still here telling other people to leave if they are miserable. But you are ready to walk at any moment. You are ready to strike and leave at the drop of a hat. You think Doug is a god, although you are miserable and ready to walk away. Got it, thanks.

Jester quotes below;

"I am a newbie to the Board and appreciate your stated efforts to other ramp agents over the decades. I am a part-time ramper at one of the two West hubs, so allow me to take what is most of our point of view as to a new contract."

"As for your decades of service, if you are this miserable, you should leave. I'm miserable about being here? Sure, and I'm ready to strike for pay parity and if I get replaced, then BFD... what do I have to lose? Here's the difference, I'm ready to walk, and you are ready to talk... and talk some more... and talk additionally... and talk furthermore.... and talk incessantly...... Just remember, "This is the business we have chosen," and you have no one else to blame but the person you see in the mirror."

So lectures Jester.

Back on topic...

This under paid part-time ramp agent, who would very much desire to hang around long enough to get to his Point-65 retirement flight benefits, thinks that Parker while far from perfect is worthy of a contract extension.

I have worked for CEOs far more difficult and far less communicative.

Brevity of soul speaks Jester.

Addressed to JESTER;

While your totally WRONG about "Dougweiser", let me give you a "heads up, about "leaving the good ol' USA".

While I'm NOT going to go into detail, it IS possible to go to another country, and become a citizen, and keep your US citizenship !

Do your Homework.

OK...Ummm.......WHY? :blink: Seriously, I'm all ears for this one. Other than providing spun "charm" via the business casual/you can call me by my first name..even though I'd never actually even give you the sweat off my arse BS..where's ANY meaningfull "communication"?, IE: actually accepting employee input/suggestions/etc ? Besides causing the hideous operational meltdown out east via Shares, the insane cabin reconfigurations on some ships that prevent even first class passengers from having adequate coat hanging room...exactly what has this regime ever done that's actually benefitted this place operationally?...besides managing to achieve dead last DOT stats?...record numbers of passenger complaints?...successfully driving away the highest premium frequent business travelers in droves?...gutting the value of the stock?....proving entirely incompetent at obtaining a major aquisition/merger via Delta?....sigh..just too many "achievements" to list. Yep... many more millions, extended contracts,..and perhaps some huge bonuses/stock options/etc are clearly in order. ;)

PS: On what basis might you ever define "failure"?

CEO Doug Parker, President J. Scott Kirby and other senior executives entered into new compensation agreements with the airline carrier to provide benefits in the event of a takeover or a merger that involved more than 50% of the voting power of the company. Under the agreements, the executives are entitled to payments equal to at least twice their annual base salary, or 200% for Kirby and chief operating officer Robert Isom, the Tempe, Ariz. carrier said in a filing. Several executives previously had change of control pacts with the company. The new compensation agreements come as the heads of several major airlines, including Parker, have noted that airline consolidation is only a matter of time. Shares fell 4.3% to $20.06 ahead of the filing.

US Airways Group IncLCC (NYSE) 20.06Change:-0.91-4.34%Volume:3.03M

NOW WOULD BE A GOOD TIME FOR THE CWA TO ASK THAT OUR PENSION PLAN BE REINSTATED IN LIGHT OF THIS EXECURIVE COMPENSATION. BUT THEY WONT THOUGH ITS WAY TOO EASY FOR THEM TO SAY "OH WELL WE TRIED"

NOW WOULD BE A GOOD TIME FOR THE CWA TO ASK THAT OUR PENSION PLAN BE REINSTATED IN LIGHT OF THIS EXECURIVE COMPENSATION. BUT THEY WONT THOUGH ITS WAY TOO EASY FOR THEM TO SAY "OH WELL WE TRIED"
[/quote]

Whatever became of the Lautenberg letter from the senate to DP regarding this issue?

Attachments

• lautenberg_et_al_pbgc_letter_01_29_07.pdf
    67.9 KB · Views: 169
I think, and this only my opinion, that this pig is about to be sold at the auction. You guys are worried about Dougwieser and Scooter? Heck they already got theirs and they probably know they are on the way out. Guess what we get stuck with? You guessed it! (in my best movie announcer guy voice) MERGER 2; This time it's for real...

JMO

Tiger

I think, and this only my opinion, that this pig is about to be sold at the auction.

Sound wisdom young sir...I agree that it's in an evolving process...subject only to what/how much the glorious, utterly inept/etc swine allegedly managing can actually "manage". :rolleyes:

Per their "compensation" for such utter brilliance? = "Even a blind pig can find an acorn sometimes" ;)

"You guys are worried about Dougwieser and Scooter? Heck they already got theirs "...Therein lies a telling difference in respective philosophy..east vs west...."got theirs" or "got mine" isn't the predominant fret out here.

Sound wisdom young sir...I agree that it's in an evolving process...subject only to what/how much the glorious, utterly inept/etc swine allegedly managing can actually "manage". :rolleyes:

Per their "compensation" for such utter brilliance? = "Even a blind pig can find an acorn sometimes" ;)

"You guys are worried about Dougwieser and Scooter? Heck they already got theirs "...Therein lies a telling difference in respective philosophy..east vs west...."got theirs" or "got mine" isn't the predominant fret out here.

I honestly cannot think of an example where I feel DP really used his leadership to improve things at this airline. The more I think about it DP and SK are in way over their heads and are fine with selling the lot. Why try to run an airline when you can extract all the possible cash out of you can and then walk out the door. As a matter of fact I do not believe there has been an example of a good leader in recent memory...

As far as "got theirs/got mine..." Well I'll admit I think it is a generational difference. Lacking respect...? Probably. But most are the product of their environment. Too many examples of the senior promising to care for the junior and when the time comes it turns out to be a fend for yourself situation.

But most are the product of their environment.

Well..that cetainly affords ample excuses for ANYONE'S BS :lol: Let's give "doug" and those hopeless morons a huge raise. ;)

Not to skip over any of your thoughts...I agree...old people are fully treacherous,and just plain awfull...you really should've had an upgrade to "Captain" on your tenth, or worse..thirteenth birthday...we done now?

Back on topic...

hang around long enough to get to his Point-65 retirement flight benefits
Now the truth comes out. Seasoned long-term frontline employees have to work with this type of career attitude, YOU ARE THE PROBLEM

Back