United Gets Concessions From Amfa

FWAAA

Veteran
Jan 5, 2003
And I thought that AMFA was not in the habit of granting concessions. :p

United Reaches Agreements With All Retirees Regarding Medical Benefits

Thursday June 10, 3:29 pm ET

Agreements With Retirees' Authorized Representatives Will Deliver Cash Savings of More Than $300 Million Through 2010

CHICAGO, June 10 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- UAL Corporation (OTC Bulletin Board: UALAQ - News) announced today that it has reached an agreement with a coalition representing the remaining retirees regarding modifications to retiree medical and life insurance benefits. This agreement, which covers more than 27,000 retirees, combined with the agreement previously announced in May with the Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Association (AMFA), will deliver cash savings to the company of more than $300 million through 2010.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/040610/cgth037_1.html

The coalition includes the Association of Flight Attendants (AFA), the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers (IAM), the International Federation of Professional and Technical Engineers (IFPTE), the Professional Airline Flight Control Association (PAFCA), the Transport Workers Union (TWU), as well as authorized representatives of the retired pilots and the retired salaried and management employees.

The Company will file a motion with the Bankruptcy Court on Monday seeking approval of this agreement to modify retiree medical and life insurance benefits.

Decision 2004 said:
The coalition includes the Association of Flight Attendants (AFA), the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers (IAM), the International Federation of Professional and Technical Engineers (IFPTE), the Professional Airline Flight Control Association (PAFCA), the Transport Workers Union (TWU), as well as authorized representatives of the retired pilots and the retired salaried and management employees.

The Company will file a motion with the Bankruptcy Court on Monday seeking approval of this agreement to modify retiree medical and life insurance benefits.
So AMFA is not in the concession line, is that correct?

Decision 2004 said:
No,

AMFA obviously negotiated terms right along with everybody else.
So the proper response to FWAAA would have been that AMFA has changed it's stance against concessions. How nice. What other benefit to AMFA is changing? They will never be a "mechanics only" union, they give concessions, what is it again, about AMFA, that is appealing to me?

Steve Connell said:
So the proper response to FWAAA would have been that AMFA has changed it's stance against concessions. How nice. What other benefit to AMFA is changing? They will never be a "mechanics only" union, they give concessions, what is it again, about AMFA, that is appealing to me?
Huh?

I thought AMFA was not appealing to you, because of your lovefest with concessions for jobs and your desire to continue to give concessions to poorly managed airline corporations.

You supported the IAM through years of concessions until AA had to bail your ass out, and that act nearly Bankrupted this carrier. We all gave industry leading concessions to salvage what was left, and you are happier than a pig in slop.

Soon, AA will begin closing Class II Stations as the Eagle growth that your pay and benefit cut bank-rolled, and as long as "You've got yours Brother", you are happy.

And so now, AMFA takes the same position as the TWU, that negotiating a deal is better than facing the wrath of a Bankruptcy Judge, and you attack and reject that idea also.

How low will you go?

You wish to continue to fund the baggage handler wage within a few dollars of skilled technicians. You could care less if your leaders are not held accountable. You have no fear of flight safety being compromised long term as your union reduces your profession to nothing more than a burger flipper with snap-on toolbox, but you fear craft unionism. You have not been a member of the TWU, but for three years, and yet, you are an expert in their history.

Now your turn,

What is supposed to be appealing to me about the TWU?

So from your winded response I take it you won't, or can't, admit AMFA is now taking the concessionary highway. I believe that was the question put forth. It's ok Dave, my kids hated to hear that there was no Santa, they share your disbelief level.

Steve Connell said:
So from your winded response I take it you won't, or can't, admit AMFA is now taking the concessionary highway. I believe that was the question put forth. It's ok Dave, my kids hated to hear that there was no Santa, they share your disbelief level.
Very nice and intelligent response.

What part of "AMFA obviously negotiated terms right along with everybody else." don't you understand?
You should negotiate the next TWU Contract for sure.
For the baggage handlers that is.

The IAM refused to represent it's mechanic and related retiree's at United,so AMFA stepped in to make sure that these retirees got a fair shake on this concession deal that was started by the retiree "coalition". This retiree "coalition" refused to allow AMFA to participate, and I suspect this "coalition" had an evil plan to dump most,if not all,of the 300 million in concessions on the mechanic and related retiree's. AMFA put a stop to it. The retiree "coalition" shot itself in the foot when it agreed to give United 300 million dollars in the first place!

I used to think you were hot until I saw this close up of you...
You are one uuuuugly hole....HAHAHAHA

Steve Connell said:
One thing that you missed Steve, UAL is in BK and is only seeking something along the line of what the TWU gave AA in 1989, or perhaps you did not notice the prefunding deductions that started after the TWU became your union.

Unfortunately, thanks to the TWU, in bankruptcy UAL would have a good claim that footing the entire bill for retirees was "onerous", in that UALs biggest competitor, AA, shed that burden, with the help of the TWU, 15 years ago. TWU=Industry Leading Concessions!

That's right! UAL has simply followed the TWU's Industry Leading Consessions

Leading everyone else to the bottom.

TWU = Right to Work for Less AND pay dues too.

RUM@AA said:

So you all openly admit that AMFA has realized, at times ,concessions are necessary, regardless of who followed who wherever.

Sugarcoating the obvious is very uncoming of AMFA.

The never ending downward draft of the twu is very hard to overcome but, with some luck they will be out of the airline industry within the next few years!!!

RUM@AA said:

So where does amfa and it's (previous, it seems now) preference of BK take you Rum?????

They are "scared" of BK now that they have seen the devastation first hand. The idiots should have realized it in the first place but NOOOOO, they "stuck to their guns" and screwed a whole bunch of people out of jobs!!! Now their retiress are getting screwed!!

I knew amfa sucked!

Back