UA Closing JFK Operations, moving p.s. over to EWR

Status
Not open for further replies.
eolesen said:
WT's post quoted by 3SH: "and neither E, 700, or I work for or ever have worked for United Airlines"

Not entirely accurate --- I haven't looked thru my files to verify it, but am pretty sure my CO employee number is 20562. I've also worked at JFK and EWR at different times in my career spanning four decades.

700UW said:
Wrong I worked for UA in TPA before I got hired on with Piedmont.
Oops.

eolesen said:
WT's post quoted by 3SH: "and neither E, 700, or I work for or ever have worked for United Airlines"

Not entirely accurate --- I haven't looked thru my files to verify it, but am pretty sure my CO employee number is 20562. I've also worked at JFK and EWR at different times in my career spanning four decades.
 CO is not United Airlines and even if 700 did, that was in what year?

and neither 700 or E ever worked in maintenance.

ThirdSeatHero said:
The reality is you made a ridiculous assumption about JFK being overstaffed and that it contributed a large part to the lack of profitability in the operation. 

While I don't recall anyone speaking specifically about "qualifications",  E, Kev, and 700 in whatever their respective positions are, at least have gleaned enough knowledge of maintenance in general to accurately surmise the work UAL was doing in addition to the  P.S. flights. Something you were not capable of - that's not hypocrisy - that's you not knowing what you're talking about.

I find it humorous you have the gall to complain about supposed "generalities" when you - who made the ridiculous assumption that started this thread tangent - have yet to provide anything specific to substantiate your own initial statement.

YOU made the statement - YOU back it up
Because I can assure you that 200 people even in station operations is way in excess of what is necessary to board 12 flights domestic narrowbody flights. and while T5 realistically and honestly talked about the challenges which exist and I can trust him to tell the truth, you made claims that you refuse to back up with actual facts - where and how often JFK mechanics work at other NYC airports, what type of work they do.

and the others that have tried to claim they have some knowledge of what is involved haven't worked in the airline industry for decades and even longer for UA.

again, if I have to vote who I believe on UA issues, T5 gets my vote and the rest are treated to the royal flush.

WorldTraveler said:
Because I can assure you that 200 people even in station operations is way in excess of what is necessary to board 12 flights domestic narrowbody flights. and while T5 realistically and honestly talked about the challenges which exist and I can trust him to tell the truth, you made claims that you refuse to back up with actual facts - where and how often JFK mechanics work at other NYC airports, what type of work they do.

and the others that have tried to claim they have some knowledge of what is involved haven't worked in the airline industry for decades and even longer for UA.

again, if I have to vote who I believe on UA issues, T5 gets my vote and the rest are treated to the royal flush.

"...because I can assure you..."

Sorry - NOT GOOD ENOUGH!  YOU made the claim - YOU back it up

That's you're typical dodge. You make one of your off the cuff statements - get called out on it - then you try to claim OTHERS must provide proof when you NEVER HAVE to establish your foundation. 

As for T5's comments - he has said nothing to support your claims - nor contradict mine

While it seems you chose to ignore it, in his first post he says ....

As far as MX, that is a IBT thing and I can't speak on that.

Oh, and speaking of hypocrisy - this one of yours is another gem

the others that have tried to claim they have some knowledge of what is involved haven't worked in the airline industry for decades and even longer for UA.

You make a statement like that and have the unmitigated audacity to think your word has ANY sort of credibility on matters at UAL - THAT is the height of hypocrisy.

Blather On!

T5 was and is more credible on UA issues than you.

You made claims regarding UA that you then contradicted.

ThirdSeatHero said:

The reality is you made a ridiculous assumption about JFK being overstaffed and that it contributed a large part to the lack of profitability in the operation. 

While I don't recall anyone speaking specifically about "qualifications",  E, Kev, and 700 in whatever their respective positions are, at least have gleaned enough knowledge of maintenance in general to accurately surmise the work UAL was doing in addition to the  P.S. flights. Something you were not capable of - that's not hypocrisy - that's you not knowing what you're talking about.

I find it humorous you have the gall to complain about supposed "generalities" when you - who made the ridiculous assumption that started this thread tangent - have yet to provide anything specific to substantiate your own initial statement.

YOU made the statement - YOU back it up

jstgt.jpg

eolesen said:

700UW said:
Wrong I worked for UA in TPA before I got hired on with Piedmont.

Ouch!

This is like clubbing baby seals, almost too painful to watch.

canadian-seal-hunt.jpg

ThirdSeatHero said:

"...because I can assure you..."

Sorry - NOT GOOD ENOUGH!  YOU made the claim - YOU back it up

That's you're typical dodge. You make one of your off the cuff statements - get called out on it - then you try to claim OTHERS must provide proof when you NEVER HAVE to establish your foundation. 
 Blather On!

This is par for the course as far as (edited by moderator) is concerned.

I'm convinced that even if someone here did work for UA in any capacity, they'd be less informed than a former DL management employee who never worked a day in maintenance or ramp service, and certainly never had to work within the context and constraints of a CBA.

We all get that. It's not worth continuing to drive in the point.

Oh, and anyone who thinks present day UA isn't CO should talk to someone who works there. It's about as much old UA and AA is still old AA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back