U.S. Military ‘Power Grab’ Goes Into Effect

Now we know why the IRS and AP scandals were leaked... to help this go quietly without notice.

(2) Duly constituted Federal, State, or local authorities are
unable or decline to provide adequate protection for Federal property
or Federal governmental functions.

This intentionally bypasses the crux of Posse Comitatus -- a Governor could decline Federal assistance and still have it forced upon them.

I suspect that won't sit well with a lot of the flyover states. Some 70% of Arizona is Federal lands. The letter of the law would allow DC to forceably occupy the State of Arizona against its elected officials and/or citizens will.

The last two attempts to change the Insurrection Act were rolled back. I'd expect the same to happen here.

Now we know why the IRS and AP scandals were leaked... to help this go quietly without notice.

This intentionally bypasses the crux of Posse Comitatus -- a Governor could decline Federal assistance and still have it forced upon them.

I suspect that won't sit well with a lot of the flyover states. Some 70% of Arizona is Federal lands. The letter of the law would allow DC to forceably occupy the State of Arizona against its elected officials and/or citizens will.

The last two attempts to change the Insurrection Act were rolled back. I'd expect the same to happen here.

Posse was headed out the door under GW with the establishment of NORCOM as our friendly neighborhood Armed Force.
And if you check, it was eroded by previous admin's too.....but these things now seem to be in high gear.....notice the change here is if Obama is golfing, hiding under his bed or partying with Tiger......they can go in. Interesting isn't it, particularly with his Benghazi procedures.

Like DHS buying enough ammo to fight the Iraq war for 25 years...WTF?

And I'm paranoid.

Posse was headed out the door under GW with the establishment of NORCOM as our friendly neighborhood Armed Force.

Both of the previous attempts to change it appear to have been revoked within 18-24 months.

I posted similar info regarding US Military powers to take over in the same scenarios and was claimed it was BS.......thanks for the post.
Wonder what the liberal ostriches will have to say now.

Move along, no tyranny here....move along......

Heard Bruce Willis is the commander.

Movie becomes reality.
Hang on it may be a rough ride...

:p

Sorry, Insurrection was modified, not P-C, but the two really go hand in hand.

The Defense Appropriations Act of 2007 (passed in Oct 2006) changed the language of the Insurrection Act to give POTUS broader powers to insert troops.

Those changes were repealed in 2008, reverting the Insurrection Act back to its original 1807 language.

Dell in his front yard, lol

yeltsin533.jpg

Dell in your front yard....LOL

120428114814_tank_house.jpg

Dell riding around the neighborhood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrMFfKrZuDY

Back