TWU/IAM Association Negotiations for Fleet Service and M&R Are Delayed For Extension Talks

This came confirmed from the meeting in DFW. I don’t want to say anything about what the wages could or couldn’t be but it’s not hard to figure out knowing what Delta and SWA scales are. We already lead on the 401K. SWA has 10% but it’s all a match with no contribution. Delta is 4/5 where we are 5/4. UAL has a mix of the IAMPF for Co employees and a 401K that doesn’t look that good.

View attachment 17692

yeah, my take is that company has always excluded southwest from the bargaining mix and only included the legacy carriers - ua & dl.

i believe dl got a 5% raise on june 1 and united ramp is currently at $36.72/hr for a maxed-out non-lead. i didn't put a dl wage for a maxed out ramp employee because i've asked 2 different dl guys and got 2 different answers.

with nearly a $2/hr pay gap currently between us and ua, it doesn't take much to figure out what the boost will be. your screenshot also mentioned shift differential, ua is .2 cents more per hour than us?

as we speak today, oil has dipped under $70/bbl and we know aa's refusal to even think about hedging and insists on buying on the spot market. with the recent pilot and f/a contracts, it's imperative that jet fuel never becomes the company's #1 fleeting expense again.

i'm not too greedy. i'd be happy with $2.50/hr more on extension start and 3% a year for each year after. if we get more per hour on extension start, more power to the assoc.

yeah, my take is that company has always excluded southwest from the bargaining mix and only included the legacy carriers - ua & dl.

i believe dl got a 5% raise on june 1 and united ramp is currently at $36.72/hr for a maxed-out non-lead. i didn't put a dl wage for a maxed out ramp employee because i've asked 2 different dl guys and got 2 different answers.

with nearly a $2/hr pay gap currently between us and ua, it doesn't take much to figure out what the boost will be. your screenshot also mentioned shift differential, ua is .2 cents more per hour than us?

as we speak today, oil has dipped under $70/bbl and we know aa's refusal to even think about hedging and insists on buying on the spot market. with the recent pilot and f/a contracts, it's imperative that jet fuel never becomes the company's #1 fleeting expense again.

i'm not too greedy. i'd be happy with $2.50/hr more on extension start and 3% a year for each year after. if we get more per hour on extension start, more power to the assoc.

Man you really need to join my Facebook Group page. Here’s DL and SWA current. $2.50 keeps us below both Delta and SWA. It will be higher than that or it won’t be brought back to us.

Edit: My thoughts are with Delta likely going up in April. My guess is Delta + 3% ($38.13/14) I’d like to stay above SWA. Company did compare SWA for M&R wages in 2020. Ramp was below us.

IMG_1106.png
IMG_1155.jpeg

Last edited:
yeah, i don't argue your math and fair to assume dl will get 3% next spring. my personal take is i would be fine (i said happy) with $2.50 at the start and 3% a year for the 2 years after.

$4 at the start and 3% a year for the 2 years after that seem akin to other recent contracts that have been dealt out. there is no doubt the airlines will have to raise fares in unison and hopefully the govt./politicians won't run around claiming gouging - or worse; to ingratiate themselves with the electorate.

even with $4/hr for starters, they'll be a gap in time that southwest will be paid more in 2025...but, you said that southwest m&r numbers were in the mix during the 2020 negotiations. that $4/hr and 3% in 2025 would see us far and away in front of ua.

we both assume a 3% raise for delta ramp next spring - no guarantee delta will do that. the $4/hr starter and a 2025 3% raise for us will guarantee delta them give that 3% (at the very least).

if we can get that, more power to them and us.

as far as facebook groups - you prob have a good one. i'm not on facebook. if i was, i'd be there.

yeah, i don't argue your math and fair to assume dl will get 3% next spring. my personal take is i would be fine (i said happy) with $2.50 at the start and 3% a year for the 2 years after.

$4 at the start and 3% a year for the 2 years after that seem akin to other recent contracts that have been dealt out. there is no doubt the airlines will have to raise fares in unison and hopefully the govt./politicians won't run around claiming gouging - or worse; to ingratiate themselves with the electorate.

even with $4/hr for starters, they'll be a gap in time that southwest will be paid more in 2025...but, you said that southwest m&r numbers were in the mix during the 2020 negotiations. that $4/hr and 3% in 2025 would see us far and away in front of ua.

we both assume a 3% raise for delta ramp next spring - no guarantee delta will do that. the $4/hr starter and a 2025 3% raise for us will guarantee delta them give that 3% (at the very least).

if we can get that, more power to them and us.

as far as facebook groups - you prob have a good one. i'm not on facebook. if i was, i'd be there.

Delta will have to go up almost 6% to go above SWA next April. Delta is almost $1.00 below them now.

Back