Trump not a threat to democracy

I don;'t know how good that would be for the working man. Companies will either implement mandatory overtime, taking away any semblance of a personal life, or productivity will drop because people can get an instant raise just by not finishing up in 40 hours and having to work a little OT to pad the paycheck.

Mandatory Overtime is already all over the Country. If you’ve been reading about the Boeing Strike right now in their Contract Boeing can and often does mandatory work for 19 days straight. I’m talking mandatory on their days off. The deal they just refused reduced that to working 12 days. They can’t force them two weekends in a row. Plus they could only mandatory them for 2 hours a day unless they’re moving a plane.

SWA Agents turned down two contract offers before taking the third because of mandatory day off. The ramp also has every other weekend they can’t bother you.

My Contract they could mandatory me up to 8 hours a day. I’ve had more Mando in my career than I could hope to count. Thankfully never more than 4 hours though. And no mandatory day off. Definitely would never vote for that change no matter how much they offer me.

So ok if America has a worker shortage and needs us to kill ourselves at least then thank us for it. Take away Federal Taxes on that money. Great idea should have been thought of before.

Oh and streamline the Federal Government and get all those people out here with us working in the private sector too. Too many people on the dole.

Last edited:
I don;'t know how good that would be for the working man. Companies will either implement mandatory overtime, taking away any semblance of a personal life, or productivity will drop because people can get an instant raise just by not finishing up in 40 hours and having to work a little OT to pad the paycheck.

Another comment on OT. At least I’m paid extra for it.

Anything over 8 hours is time and a half and over 12 is double time. Double time and a half for Holidays.

Management is paid straight time for all hours worked. That’s wrong.

Ok what this Democratic Politician is talking about is very different than the idea Trump floated. The Obama rule would have made “companies” pay more to their employees. So the companies would have incurred an added cost to their payrolls.

This idea doesn’t change what the company pays the employee but how much the “Government” collects.

The other question anyway is what happens with the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act next year? Am I going to lose that doubling of the standard deduction? If that goes away then relief on overtime may just make it a wash?

Management is paid straight time for all hours worked. That’s wrong.
But the goal of management is to have more and more jobs "non exempt" and pay a salary.....40 hours at whatever your contract rate is. THEN implement mandatory overtime.

But the goal of management is to have more and more jobs "non exempt" and pay a salary.....40 hours at whatever your contract rate is. THEN implement mandatory overtime.

I’m sorry you lost me. When I say Management I should be more specific. I’m talking low level management. The ones who many times make less than I do even without overtime. Definitely not talking about executives.

1726439005146.png

Back