The Lovely US Club In CLT

They need to jerk all that furniture out of there and use it for fire fighting practice at the training center.

sky high states: What they'll do with that crappy furniture is relocate it to an employee/crew ROOM. Pat themselves on their backs and ignorantly believe that the EMPLOYEES will be "greatful."

For christ's sake, at least have it RE-UPHOLSTERED first!!!

only stating opinions

Actually there is a crew room in clt with that same furniture, albeit, uhmmm...it's in better condition than that...though it is getting a little worn....

Great finally new crew-room furniture
wopr21

Per your request....here you go....
View attachment 6626

No airline I know of offers less for more.

I LOVE "Business Casual!"

I have other pics...but this one shows 3 of at least a dozen chairs. There's a pic of the DCA Club that I didn't take, thats even more ridiculous...

The Sand Castle says "it on the to do list."

Whatever...they supposedly pulled these chairs (I'd like to see it with my own eyes).

Theses kind of things are local management issues. And I find over and over middle managment will not do anything unless instucted, if that is the case then we do not need middle managers. You people are empowered to fix these kind of issues you must go over the locals heads until you get someone that will do something.
Take the initiative yourself, first find out who can supply replacements and how much they cost then take that to your managment, if they do not do anything tell them right to thier face that you will take it over thier heads. Despite all the sandcastle bashing here they will absolutely support action over inaction. One of the big issues now is the East culture of "It ain't my job" or "I wasn't told to fix that".
As Nike said Just do it!

FYI...The director of Passenger Services in CLT came from AWA. You can toss around the "East culture" all you like but the "West management culture" is in charge.

The US Airways Club once was the envy of the industry; described as elegant, refined, classy, first class, and well worth the price. I've been in Delta's Crown Room, AA's Admirals Club, and United's Red Carpet Club. None of them could match the class, style, elegance, and service once found in the US Airways Club.

Lets hope that AWA management does not turn our once beautiful clubs into doublewide trailers with polyester curtains.

I have met some dedicated, well spoken, and hard working employees from "the West". They also want the class and style returned to our product because they want to work for an airline that is know for its consistant good service and first class reputation. How unfortunate for all of us, East and West, that the upper tier level of management in Tempe does not share our same desire.

In responce to your "Just do it!". My co-worker did "it". She notified the company about "indiscretions". A year later she applied for a supervisor position. Her supervisor told me that he was ordered not to promote her because of what she did. What did she do? She went to see a manager about serious problems in the station (sexuall harrasment, abusive management, and "financial" discrepencies). While waiting for him to arrive, a company director ask her if he could help her. She began, at his request, to tell him why she was there. When her manager arrived, he was angry that she "went above his head" and later he told her supervisors that she is to never be promoted. So, "UPNAWAY", when you advise employees to "Just Do It", know that those actions will come with reprecussions.

One of my favorite quotes of all times...."Lets pray that those in power will get good sense and those with good sense will get the power."

I certainly don't hold out any hope that they will improve the clubs. Have you ever been to that joke of a club at the Las Vegas airport? And that is an old AWA club at one of their hubs no less!

I have met some dedicated, well spoken, and hard working employees from "the West". They also want the class and style returned to our product because they want to work for an airline that is know for its consistant good service and first class reputation. How unfortunate for all of us, East and West, that the upper tier level of management in Tempe does not share our same desire.

This is where the concept of having to "spend money to make money" comes into play. US now does the bare minimum it thinks it can get away with. Sure, they're filling their planes to the gills and for some unknown reason are making money hand over fist, but they run the operation like it's third-world, and have the reputation to match.

This is where the concept of having to "spend money to make money" comes into play. US now does the bare minimum it thinks it can get away with. Sure, they're filling their planes to the gills and for some unknown reason are making money hand over fist, but they run the operation like it's third-world, and have the reputation to match.

Finally, someone gets the LCC mindset-- management doess whatever COSTS the least, but charge you as MUCH as they can get away with.

The biggest problem, and we all know is that this management doesn't want it to be what it was!! They don't want it to be known for its outstanding service or for its first class product. The days of a superior product is long gone!! Nothing will change because we are still making lots of money. Why fix anything if your still bringing in the cash? Nothing will improve to what is was because the desire to run this company as a stand alone carrier is not there. No desire what so ever other than to sale, sale, sale, or merge.

Back