The Glanzer Report

Man-Oh-Man theres a lot of news press out there today about US Airways. Just read an article in the Washington Post (not much different than the others) and reads like US Airways is done. Imagine the unfortunate impact all this press is having on future passenger bookings.

SKY HIGH said:
I can buy that PHX is more expensive then ABE and maybe the same as CLT and PIT, but the problem of the whole east coast from BOS to Northern VA remains. Unless you are in management or a pilot, HP wages will likely be unliveable.

HELLO IN THERE! HP FA.
And just where do YOUR America West Gate agents/Check-in/Ramp agents from LGA PHL BOS EWR ATL ORD JFK IAD DCA MIA YYZ......... LIVE??????????? And your forgetting CREW MEMBERS commute. ALOT do NOT live in base!
[post="168330"][/post]​

Well, a lot of folks live in Los Angeles, San Diego, and San Francisco.

SKY HIGH said:
HELLO IN THERE! HP FA.
And just where do YOUR America West Gate agents/Check-in/Ramp agents from LGA PHL BOS EWR ATL ORD JFK IAD DCA MIA YYZ......... LIVE??????????? And your forgetting CREW MEMBERS commute. ALOT do NOT live in base!
[post="168330"][/post]​

It is much easier to find personnel at a small or medium size station then it is at a hub, so the low wages can be accepted by parttime workers who are quite happy to have health and travel benefits. So many more persons are needed in a hub that the same cannot be said about it.

Commuters are in a class of their own since they choose to commute.

BTW, we don't do LGA.

firstamendment said:
My sister is a technical writer and helped me put together a pretty awesome resume' tailored to f/a's.
[post="168302"][/post]​
Kudos to you for taking the bull by the horns. :up:

to much time to quit said:
So your saying alpa paid for this report and now the company will use it against all of labor in bakruptcy court. Man you guys are awesome, thanks for the help. :down:
[post="168326"][/post]​
And your issue is what, exactly? Do you think that without the report you can all play dumb and maintain the status quo? What a classic case of shooting the messenger.

Back