Thanks BaRack and Tree Huggers!

Part of the conversation here is about the e-10 fuel that you are stuck with all over the country.   It is causing lots of issues with all the cars out there that are more than a couple years old.  Not to mention eating lawn mowers, weedeaters, generators,  boat engines etc.    

You can avoid e-15 (or e-85 as it is called)  But the e-10 stuff is in virtually all the fuel in the country any more.

Dog Wonder said:
If being a winner involves hating women, any other race but yours, and the less fortunate. I'd rather be a loser.
Only one woman, besides you, I hate and her name is Hitlery Clinton!
Right and I'm a racist because I supported Herman Cain and although a "Black Man", he doesn't reside on the Demorat plantation, so he's not really black, right?
And as far as the less fortunate, you don't know sh!t! No issues helping the less fortunate or handicapped but , do have issues with a capable person, sitting on their dead ass (kinda how I picture you) living off the governments (MY) dime !

Force Majeure said:
I don't understand the uproar here. If you have a vehicle that is manufactured prior to 2012, or is not designed to allow flex fuel, than do not use E-15.

Maybe states should require a sicker on the pump that informs the public of this fact?
Hmmm...except that in my area, the non-ethanol gas stations far outnumber the stations that have no corn whiskey. The corn refining industry is extremely powerful, and their High Fructose Corn Syrup is poisoning your bodies while their ethanol
F#C%s up your engine. Keeping things forever is no longer an option to those who feel you should go bankrupt to feed the economy.

Glenn Quagmire said:
I use seafoam in the fuel (E-10) for my Harley and all my small engines. Never any issues.
I have a 26 yr old car no issues.  I have a 15 yr old lawn mower that just gave up the ghost.  Lawn mower shop said I bent the crank.  Ooops.

Ms Tree said:
I have a 26 yr old car no issues.  I have a 15 yr old lawn mower that just gave up the ghost.  Lawn mower shop said I bent the crank.  Ooops.

Get a hand sledge and a dial indicator and straighten it.

Force Majeure said:
I don't understand the uproar here. If you have a vehicle that is manufactured prior to 2012, or is not designed to allow flex fuel, than do not use E-15.

Maybe states should require a sicker on the pump that informs the public of this fact?
A rational person would agree with you. were not dealing with rational people here, there all haters. If the logical thing to do is use the other gas that we always use to use, they cant comprehend that. look at some of the posts.... These morons think that the government is mandating that they use the new gas.... and they wonder how we get the government we do... They will spin anything anyway till they get to there preditermined point of view.... its always Obama"s fault....LMFAO

Glenn Quagmire said:
I use seafoam in the fuel (E-10) for my Harley and all my small engines. Never any issues.
Caution Quagmire, you are attempting to interject logic and reasoning here. that will not be tollerated.... Stop using the additive now, gum up your engine and blame it on the liberals... isnt that eassier than thinking....

im back..!! said:
A rational person would agree with you. were not dealing with rational people here, there all haters. If the logical thing to do is use the other gas that we always use to use, they cant comprehend that. look at some of the posts.... These morons think that the government is mandating that they use the new gas.... and they wonder how we get the government we do... They will spin anything anyway till they get to there preditermined point of view.... its always Obama"s fault....LMFAO

You missed the part where the booze fuel is in most pumps in the summer if you live in certain regions.

For those that think they have lots of stations around them that are ethanol free:

90% of all fuel in the US is now e-10.

The following listed states do not require the gas to be labeled as containing ethanol,  if you live in one of these you are getting ethanol at your "Non ethanol gas station"

California
D.C.
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky
Maryland
Michigan
Minnesota
Missouri
Nevada
New Hampshire
New Jersey
Ohio

34 other states only require ethanol labeling if it exceeds a specified amount.

Over blending is a problem in lots of areas,  when tested much of the e-10 fuel actually tests well over 10% ethanol ( up to 20% in some cases.  15% ethanol is e-85 that will void most non flex fuel car warranties)   

Not making a political statement,  just trying to let folks know they are not getting the gas that most of them think they are getting and it IS a large and growing repair problem in the US that is costing you in the long run.    Newer cars from 2008 and on have decent defense against it,  pre 1995 has no defense against it.    The hardest hit so far with ethanol related damage is  marine engines, motorcycle engines, classic cars and anything that falls into the "small engine" category....mowers, generators weedeaters, etc.

Glenn Quagmire said:

Seafoam isn't a product to counteract ethanol problems. It is a product that cleans and removes varnish and sludge on internals. At best, it would help with moisture in the fuel as ethanol has a propensity of absorbing moisture and leaving it in fuel bowls, pumps, etc causing internal corrosion and fuel passage blockage.

Booze fuel is noted for damaging plastic and rubber fuel system components and causing corrosion rather well. Cast aluminum lawn mower carbs are a real problem with moisture from booze fuel.

I also use sta-bil for ethanol. The seafoam is not used all the time but I do put a little sta-bil in all my gas cans when I fill them. They are used for my psi washer, generator, chainsaw, Harley.

From a guy I know:

"I have been hauling petroleum products for the past 5 years which includes delivering to gas stations and thought I would share some information that maybe helpful to you before you fill that tank.

First lets talk about branded and unbranded gasoline or gasahol as its becoming more and more that ethanol will be mixed with the gas.

Branded and unbranded gasoline are all the same gasoline except 1 difference, branded gasoline contains additives formula specific to the brand ie; Sunoco, Exxon, Citgo, ect. these additives are injected as the driver loads their truck at the terminal. Unbranded gasoline does not contain formula specific additives. Each additive does different things and each brand has their own formula, whether it be to increase performance or clean your engine as you drive.

Branded station VS. unbranded? Branded stations almost always get the same fomula gasoline. I say almost always because there are special circumstances where they don't, and usually when they don't it's another branded gasoline with close to the same formula as theirs. Basically your bike should run the same with every tank full with the same brand of gasoline, no matter where you fill up.

Unbranded stations usually get whatever is the cheapest for them. Sometimes they get unbranded gas and sometimes they get branded gas. The big thing here is the formula in their tanks is constantly changing based on price. Often times people think they got bad gas (water in their gas), basically with unbranded gasoline your bike could run different with every tank full, even if you buy it at the same unbranded station all the time."

Glenn Quagmire said:
I also use sta-bil for ethanol. The seafoam is not used all the time but I do put a little sta-bil in all my gas cans when I fill them. They are used for my psi washer, generator, chainsaw, Harley.

You and I are supposed to know how to read and use directions, but the average homeowner doesn't. After I hung up my air wrenches, I did a stint repairing power equipment and mowers for Sears....we'd get items in that didn't run, usually in the spring....fuel tank almost 100% sta-bil and for some reason, it won't run....great stuff if you're in the mower repair business. We had test kits for ethanol for certain year engines too....positive and the warranty went.

So what we be riding, Dude?

Back