Regarding new US Airways to adopt HP's system

I think that the Star Alliance also had a lot to do with the move to EDS/Shares, aka Amadeus. I'm not thrilled with Shares, having used it at Continental, and seeing their agents work beside ours... I can say that Sabre is a bit more powerful & easier to use in some aspects.

I'm going into this with an open mind towards whatever IT decides to throw our way. I just hope that they quadruple the staff at helpdesk during the changeover.

Scott Kirby was asked this and his opinion was that it was more of a dream that everyone had to switch to Amadeus. Star alliance has not made Amadeus a requirement, if it were than United would already be there.

Shares while less robust than sabre has more tech support in house and can be tailored by our tech team. EDS support for sabre has always been less than stellar.

Don't forget we can always change to Amadeus further down the line. It a CRS not a death pact. :rolleyes:

Well, Amadeus and Shares are sister programs, just different back-end servers. SystemOne is also part of Amadeus, which I believe was Eastern's system and CO adopted parts of that.

United is moving over to Amadeus, btw. Not sure what this means for poor Galileo...

Regarding systems, I really enjoy closing flights on Sabre. GFxxx/Close/LCLyXX/SECOK, then GFxxx/PDC. On United, it was GG* this, GG(pillow) that... took a bunch of entries to do it... wasn't fun!

I wonder if and when they will let you know how many of the changes you have suggested are being considered. Please post if and when you get a response. I realize it would be weeks or months. Regards.

We sent in a request for more specialized international documentation info and it was done the next day. Since we fly to more places international and customers have various forms of acceptable id, there was no way at checkin to distinguish what form of id the agent saw and entered into the APIS mask. You can now tell the computer if it was a passport, alien card, misc, etc in the APIS entry.
I will let you know if I see/hear any of the other suggestions implemented.

We sent in a request for more specialized international documentation info and it was done the next day. Since we fly to more places international and customers have various forms of acceptable id, there was no way at checkin to distinguish what form of id the agent saw and entered into the APIS mask. You can now tell the computer if it was a passport, alien card, misc, etc in the APIS entry.
I will let you know if I see/hear any of the other suggestions implemented.
Thanks! Ill look forward to seeing what happens! Keep us posted!

Back