Perry Indictment... a gift, perhaps?

TEX-ASSS is LOADDED w/ ARSE-HOLES period.

Big deal...(P) Rick perry is the Governor.  Governor of WHAT   ????????????  TEX-ASSS !   'Woopie Ding-Dong"

If the mainland USA ever needed an Enama, obviously  South Carolina would be the Fist place to INSERT the Plug.
But TEX-ASSS is Absolutely the Second  !!!!!!!!!!!

An Absolute wasteland.  Loaded with OIL, Steers and QUEENS !
E-N-E-M-A! The red line under a word means your spelling sucks.

Did somebody say Civil War over politics?

What good is Texas?...

If it were still its own country, Texas's GDP is larger than that of Mexico and South Korea.

Texas also produces a larger GDP than New York, which is really interesting considering all the banks and investment houses, and almost three times that of Massachusetts.

California is the only state with a larger GDP, and larger than Russia, Canada, India, Australia, and Spain.

But hey, let's not let facts get in the way of the resident bigot's rants.

Ms Tree said:
You would think that Paul would check his facts before he opens his mouth. McCrum who is a republican is the special prosecutor took it to the grand jury.  No democrat was involved in it.  Perry is also lying about why he wants Lehmberg out of office.  Unless he wants to be a hypocrit, her DWI has nothign to do with it.  There were two other district attournies who were convicted of DWI as well and he never made a peep.  Of course they were republicans so that's OK.  When this goes to trial people are going to start digging.  May be we can find out where the money for the cancer research really went.

Yep, this inditment is a gift alright.  Too bad Perry never had a chance at the WH anyway.  I hope he gets convicted.

We shall see. One thing interesting is your hatred for Ron Paul. It's but one of the ways I can tell I'm on the right path.

I could not care less about Paul or Paul.  I think they are just like the rest of the politicans.  If you think hitching your ride to Sr.is the right path,  knock your self out.

Ms Tree said:
There were two other district attournies who were convicted of DWI as well and he never made a peep.  Of course they were republicans so that's OK.
I just love the red herrings that get thrown out about the other DA's "egregious" DWI's...

First, they were county employees funded by county taxes. Perry had no statutory authority to do anything there. Could he have voiced outrage? Sure, but there wasn't as much reason to do so, since both were up for re-election.

Second, they both were set to be booted out at the ballot box. That's a fate worse than being asked by the Governor to resign.

Rick Harrison, from Kaufman County, was booted out of office at the ballot box in 2010, less than a year after his 2009 arrest.

Terry McEachern, the DA from Swisher County (way out west) switched his party affiliation from Democrat to Republican *after* his 2003 conviction and before his failed bid for re-election in 2004. I've seen a couple people label him as GOP. Sorry, not going to buy that. He switched out of convenience:

http://lubbockonline.com/stories/011804/reg_011804100.shtml

In addition, after nearly 19 years as Hale and Swisher County District Attorney, running repeatedly as a Democrat, Terry McEachern is seeking re-election this year as a Repub lican.

The move, he said, reflects a swing in political views of the population he serves, but he stopped short of saying that his political philosophy is aligned with that of the Republican Party.

"I thought that (Republicans') views more correctly reflect at the present time the views of the majority of the population within the counties," McEachern said
The bottom line is that while Harrison and McEachern both screwed up, they weren't accused of being belligerent, spitting at officers, caught on video, or in charge of the Public Integrity Unit.

Call it a double standard if you must, but the only thing the three cases share is the charge of DWI. That's where it ends.

If Lehmberg were up for re-election in 2014, perhaps Perry would have probably stayed silent, but she's set to remain in office for three years past her conviction.

I don't know how you couldn't see the differences there, Tree.

And clearly, it's not just about party affiliation. If that were the case, the Democrat from Swisher County would have been targeted, no?

Only in Texas would a White Republican Male Governor claim he is being picked on because he is a White Republican Male Governor

WEDNESDAY, SEP 3, 2014 06:15 PM EDT

"Rick Perry might go away for a long, long time: What even the liberal media isn’t reporting about his indictment"

http://www.salon.com/2014/09/03/rick_perry_might_go_away_for_a_long_long_time_what_even_the_liberal_media_isnt_reporting_about_his_indictment/

Well written article linked above. A portion of it is here"

"1) The indictment was not brought by the Tavis County DA. Nor were any other Democrats involved. It’s worth quoting at length from Smith at the Texas Tribune:

Not a single Democratic official was involved at any point in the process, except to recuse him or herself. That’s what the victim of Perry’s “offers,” Travis County District Attorney Rosemary Lehmberg, did. So did District Judge Julie Kocurek.

Kocurek referred the criminal complaint to Judge Billy Ray Stubblefield, a Republican and Perry appointee. Stubblefield could have dismissed the complaint. Instead, he assigned it to Judge Bert Richardson, also a Republican. He, too, could have dismissed the complaint. Instead, he appointed conservative, well-respected former federal prosecutor McCrum as special prosecutor. Republican U.S. Sens. John Cornyn and Kay Bailey Hutchison once recommended McCrum for the job of U.S. attorney for the Western District of Texas. McCrum could have dismissed the complaint. Instead, he took it to a grand jury.

2) The indictment is not an attack on the governor’s right to veto, any more than a bribery charge would be, if Perry were accused of having vetoed a bill in return for a bribe. As Rachel Maddow put it, covering the story the day it broke, “You may have the constitutional right to vote, for example; you don’t have the constitutional right to sell your vote.”

3) Perry’s purported motivation — outrage over Lehmberg’s DWI violation and conviction — was not matched in two other cases where GOP district attorneys were convicted. Nor has he offered any rational explanation why a DWI violation — particularly after rehab — should be seen as so uniquely heinous. Another key Perry talking point has been that “In Texas we settle things with elections.” Why not this time, then?

4) Perry did have a prima facie political motivation to go after Lehmberg: Her office was investigating corruption involving Perry cronies at the Cancer Prevention and Research Institute of Texas at the time he sought to force her out, and replace her with his own appointee.

5) The indictment of Perry is not about the “criminalization of politics” — a rhetorical framework that dates back to at least Richard Nixon. As Smith told Salon..."

eolesen said:
I just love the red herrings that get thrown out about the other DA's "egregious" DWI's...First, they were county employees funded by county taxes. Perry had no statutory authority to do anything there. Could he have voiced outrage? Sure, but there wasn't as much reason to do so, since both were up for re-election.Second, they both were set to be booted out at the ballot box. That's a fate worse than being asked by the Governor to resign.Rick Harrison, from Kaufman County, was booted out of office at the ballot box in 2010, less than a year after his 2009 arrest.Terry McEachern, the DA from Swisher County (way out west) switched his party affiliation from Democrat to Republican *after* his 2003 conviction and before his failed bid for re-election in 2004. I've seen a couple people label him as GOP. Sorry, not going to buy that. He switched out of convenience: The bottom line is that while Harrison and McEachern both screwed up, they weren't accused of being belligerent, spitting at officers, caught on video, or in charge of the Public Integrity Unit.Call it a double standard if you must, but the only thing the three cases share is the charge of DWI. That's where it ends.If Lehmberg were up for re-election in 2014, perhaps Perry would have probably stayed silent, but she's set to remain in office for three years past her conviction.I don't know how you couldn't see the differences there, Tree.And clearly, it's not just about party affiliation. If that were the case, the Democrat from Swisher County would have been targeted, no?
There is another difference. The person he was.going after him.was investigating him. You left that part out.

And yet, still no admission that the first DA "ignored" was a Democrat?

Even Salon, the bastion of quality unbiased reporting per Glenn, gets the party affiliation wrong. Some simple fact checking might be in order, but then again, it's Salon...

Given the dates of the two previous incidents, Perry's office probably wasn't even aware of them until the elections were underway. The publicity around Lehmberg's case was entirely different given her behavior and the video released by the Sheriff's office.

eolesen said:
And yet, still no admission that the first DA "ignored" was a Democrat?Even Salon, the bastion of quality unbiased reporting per Glenn, gets the party affiliation wrong. Some simple fact checking might be in order, but then again, it's Salon...Given the dates of the two previous incidents, Perry's office probably wasn't even aware of them until the elections were underway. The publicity around Lehmberg's case was entirely different given her behavior and the video released by the Sheriff's office.
Feel free to show me where I said Salon was the bastion of quality unbiased reporting. I said it was a well written article. I get my sources of news from a wide variety of sources. The piece from Salon was not an op-ed. The portion of the article I quote from the Salon article was lifted by the author from the Texas Tribune. If you have a specific example of where there are errors, or corrections that need to be made, please point them out here. It would also be good to submit them to the author.

That is what I do when I find errors in an article.

Glenn, I gave a source last night that showed the second of the two DA's was a registered Democrat at the time of both their DWI and their conviction. He changed parties when he ran for re-election.

Well written implied quality. My adding "unbiased" in what should have been obvious sarcasm and ridicule for the biased nature of the article.

I don't put a lot of weight behind who brought it to the grand jury. Had Perry appointees killed it, someone would have just cried partisan politics earlier in the process.

Her behavior was deplorable, and not conduct becoming of an officer of the court. Argue what you want to about Perry's efforts to remove her, but the root of this is ultimately stemming from a gross lack of judgement on her part.

eolesen said:
Her behavior was deplorable, and not conduct becoming of an officer of the court. Argue what you want to about Perry's efforts to remove her, but the root of this is ultimately stemming from a gross lack of judgement on her part.
Then why is Perry posing for a mug shot, somebody else's fault?

Back