NRTP System Access Manager

Certainly a lot of it is a learning curve for me and I kept changing the times from morning to mid afternoon to night trying to find a red eye I knew existed. To me personally the biggest drawback is guest pass users not being able to manage and pay for their own flights. I have two families that use mine I give them the passes at the begging of the year and I do nothing going forward, they know the system and all the rules as well as I do. I also do like the 3 day window and the return flights without having to reload the itinerary and dates.

UPNAWAY said:
Certainly a lot of it is a learning curve for me and I kept changing the times from morning to mid afternoon to night trying to find a red eye I knew existed. To me personally the biggest drawback is guest pass users not being able to manage and pay for their own flights. I have two families that use mine I give them the passes at the begging of the year and I do nothing going forward, they know the system and all the rules as well as I do. I also do like the 3 day window and the return flights without having to reload the itinerary and dates.
you have to rember on red eye flights if it leaves after midnight you must put the next day as the date as far as guest passes have them pay you up front i do not like paying before I travel and wait for refund to me the us air travel is archaic to me you have to many steps to list and get on standby list . Plus with the aa app I can see the list on my phone

IORFA said:
Yes, but who's idea of best is debatable. By the way, what's so hard about NRTP when looking at loads? It very clearly tells you how many seats in each cabin and what is sold in each cabin plus the total seats sold and total seats avbl. For those clueless folks out there, they even color code it green, yellow, red or black. Much clearer than the USAir site. I will say, that the ONLY feature I wish NRTP had was the forward and back tabs. However, when I non rev, I'm apparently not too flexible as I know when I want to come and go. So, while the feature is nice, it is completely worthless to me. Being able to check loads and check in from the home page is so much easier on NRTP. No need to fish through multiple pages of hidden links to find the correct page.
When I would plan a trip across the pond, checking 2 days before and 2 days after yielded surprising results at times. One date had hardly any seats and a day before or after showed many open seats and I always managed to snag a seat in both directions. I've used NRTP and it seems to take longer to find the info I am looking for. The colors don't help me but looking at several days on one screen makes my planning easier. Oh well, it is what it is. Hoping in the near future some of Wings features can be added to NRTP.

UPNAWAY said:
Anyone else having trouble seeing all flights in a given market? PHX-DFW has 12 flights try finding all 12 on the NRPT is a challenge. Just show me all the damn flight and in chronologically order.
When you're entering the orig and dest codes and the dates, the bottom of that partial window has a radio button selection for the number of flights you want displayed.  You can select 10 or 20.  We have no routes that have more than 20 daily flights.  I admit the scramble of flights which happens when you change the earliest departure time from the default 5am to something else is a mess.  I was in the computer business for over 20 years.  That is one of the easiest lists to create in time order.  I have never gotten a straight answer from the (not much) Help Desk as to why that happens.  So, always change the number of flights to be displayed to 20 and leave the departure time alone.  I promise the flights will be in departure time order except for the redeyes that leave after midnight, but before 5am.  To tell the truth, I didn't know there were any such flights.

While we're on the subject, I have never posted my displeasure over the system deciding that when I want to go to LGA, I really also want to see all the EWR and JFK flights as well.  Same thing on DCA/BWI/IAD.  Regardless of my primary destination in that area, I don't really see either of the other two being a viable alternative.  Now, I can return to accepting the system as it is, not as I would wish it to be.   :lol:

In case anyone is interested ( I am a retiree so probably not) I finally got registered with NRTP.  I had to use PHX as my location.  Pretty crazy huh?  Its only 1400 miles from where I live.  It took another retiree to give me an answer.  Thanks Chris. 

Ah, but in the great scheme of things, look at the whole world.  1400 miles is nothing.  :lol:

There are a lot things involved in the latest system security (System Access Manager) that don't make sense.  But, given my age there isn't enough time left to discuss them.

UPNAWAY said:
..... To me personally the biggest drawback is guest pass users not being able to manage and pay for their own flights. ...

Well...you may get your wish...probably sometime next year.  LUS prefers to not do the payroll deduct, so they'll probably change to allow a credit card to use.  I'm guessing because this was so important to LUS...they'll allow a different CC for each traveler.

Luckily, enough LAA employees voiced their opinion about "pre-paying" for flights that it sounds like the plan will be a "post-travel" payment system.

UPNAWAY said:
..... I have two families that use mine I give them the passes at the begging of the year and I do nothing going forward, they know the system and all the rules as well as I do.....

So, you give these families your log in?  You may not want to do that with Jetnet as it gives them complete access to all your pay and benefit information.

Why in the world would you want to pre pay for non rev travel? That sounds stupid. Also, giving out your jetnet passcode is against company policy and could get you in trouble up to losing your job. Too much info is on that site, I wouldn't recommend it either. You're also not supposed to give it to your spouse or significant other either!

AirwAr said:

Well...you may get your wish...probably sometime next year.  LUS prefers to not do the payroll deduct, so they'll probably change to allow a credit card to use.  I'm guessing because this was so important to LUS...they'll allow a different CC for each traveler.

Luckily, enough LAA employees voiced their opinion about "pre-paying" for flights that it sounds like the plan will be a "post-travel" payment system.

So, you give these families your log in?  You may not want to do that with Jetnet as it gives them complete access to all your pay and benefit information.
We've got a guy out of service right now (fired?) for changing a dependents age in order for him to continue flying as a non-rev.  Word is someone other than the employee had access to his jetnet pass code and changed it.

Seatacus said:
In case anyone is interested ( I am a retiree so probably not) I finally got registered with NRTP.  I had to use PHX as my location.  Pretty crazy huh?  Its only 1400 miles from where I live.  It took another retiree to give me an answer.  Thanks Chris. 
No sweat bud! I think the rationale behind PHX was that was HDQ location. Not sure if that was used only for retirees since we had no active base or what. It works, that's all I care. :) 

Back