No to the Alliance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bob Owens said:
Why should anyone have to send in little yellow cards to be given a choice and option to vote, why not consult with the members and the leaders first?
What a great concept.  And why isn't the association doing this Bob?

Vortilon said:

204 posts, so now we have yet another nube playing the role of a anti AMFA agitator?  Geez, still attempting to pull out those tired old chestnuts "AMFA is anti union" really?   Good luck putz.
The anti-AMFA postings will increase greater and greater as we get closure to the 15th.  It has always been an indicator of how well the cards are coming in.  When the anti-AMFA postings gain speed and momentum it is because the AMFA organizers are getting more and more cards in.  Hope you guys get it done.  Just collect enough cards to get this vote done.  Get AMFA on the ballot and let the membership decide, if they still don't want AMFA in then so be it, at least they had a chance to vote.  However, this time around if AMFA does get on the ballot, pretty sure it will win this time around, the membership has had enough of the decades upon decades of the TWU agreeing with the company and forcing contracts down your throats.  There's enough TWU'ers not to bring in the IAM.  So get those cards in guys and let the membership have the final say so of WHO they want to represent them...

swamt said:
The anti-AMFA postings will increase greater and greater as we get closure to the 15th.  It has always been an indicator of how well the cards are coming in.  When the anti-AMFA postings gain speed and momentum it is because the AMFA organizers are getting more and more cards in.  ...
  Thats not a given. It also could be a rally cry to get more cards because there are not enough. It works a multitude of ways .....

saywhat said:
Don't be bitter that someone comes on here and posts that they see anti-Unionism from a group of people posting same shite page after page with a common theme, ANTI-UNION. Go get a job at a Company without a Union.
You are barking up the wrong tree dude, I was raised in a union home
in a union state. When my Dad was on the picket line I was at his side,
when they heard carloads of scabs were driving in from Minneapolis
I was a rock chucker along side the rest of the picketers. Cool thing
the local police turned their backs, they were union too.
One more thing, I like my job just not my union! My voice should matter,
my opinion should matter, hopefully my vote will matter.
Go crawl back in your hole.

chilokie1 said:
You are barking up the wrong tree dude, I was raised in a union home
in a union state. When my Dad was on the picket line I was at his side,
when they heard carloads of scabs were driving in from Minneapolis
I was a rock chucker along side the rest of the picketers. Cool thing
the local police turned their backs, they were union too.
One more thing, I like my job just not my union! My voice should matter,
my opinion should matter, hopefully my vote will matter.
Go crawl back in your hole.
Yea right, every person I have ever met that complains about their Union was anti-Union. Haven't met one yet that was true Union, does the truth hurt? I haven't said squat about who I do or don't support, just that I see a lot of anti-Union folks.

WeAAsles said:
I may have a different ideology than some of you guys but when I've seen Fa La La or that other arsehat come on here spouting their anti-union sludge you guys are quick to pounce on them.
I am not ant-UNION. I do think UNIONS need to make some fundamental changes.

The other choice is they keep doing business as usual and fade into obscurity. 

It is pretty obvious what they are doing is NOT working. At least it is NOT working for the membership.

saywhat said:
Yea right, every person I have ever met that complains about their Union was anti-Union. Haven't met one yet that was true Union, does the truth hurt? I haven't said squat about who I do or don't support, just that I see a lot of anti-Union folks.
Define Anti-Union, how is a couple of guys in DC making decisions 
that 95% of its membership do not agree with a union? 
(the 95% is my assessment of the people I work with on the association)
My first response was f--- off fool, but I thought maybe it would be
entertaining listening to a TWU/IAM robot. 

chilokie1 said:
Define Anti-Union, how is a couple of guys in DC making decisions 
that 95% of its membership do not agree with a union? 
(the 95% is my assessment of the people I work with on the association)
My first response was f--- off fool, but I thought maybe it would be
entertaining listening to a TWU/IAM robot.
My personal opinion is that Unions shouldn't fight each other. Not saying the association is the right solution but at least they aren't fighting with each other.

I understand that, but if a union loses its direction over time whether from
years of poor leadership or corruption it is no better then the companies
that caused the need for unions.
Maybe a union can get too big, too diversified that it fails a section of its
membership. 
Replacing a failing union with a different one is not an anti union move, not
if its going to better serve its members.
The Association is a bad move, not letting the memberships vote on it is worse.
Wait and see how the leadership teams get along with each other, the rank and
file will get along fine but the officers will be too focused on saving their own 
turf (BOS is a good example).
If a TWU station loses members from closing, who does it serve to move IAM
members over to the TWU to maintain the predetermined ratio?
The only winners in this is the officers maintaining duplicate positions and of
course the AFL/CIO.

saywhat said:
IMO, you AMFA supporters on this thread seem to be anti-Union. Your wish for AMFA is a cover for your hate for Unions.
Being in the twu will do that to you. There are a few people on here that hate UNIONS after being in the twu. I personally regard working at AA fleet as working non union. However as disgusting as the twu is I am still a union man. Not all unions are like the twu.

Zom JFK said:
Being in the twu will do that to you. There are a few people on here that hate UNIONS after being in the twu. I personally regard my time in AA fleet as working non union. However as disgusting as the twu is I am still a union man. Not all unions are like the twu.
My grandfather and father were both UNION men. They both fought to get UNIONS in their workplaces. They were always pro UNION and always cast UNIONS in the best of light to me when growing up. Their definition of a UNION cannot be applied to the TWU. 

I would not say I hate UNIONS after the TWU...... I would say being in the TWU was a very negative experience and there needs to be a lot of changes starting at the leadership level. 

The TWU leadership is ate up with corrupt, self serving people that do not represent their members. That is not a UNION...... that is an extortion racket. 

The fact the international is appointed and cannot be voted out compounds the problem and is at the root of why I believe the TWU cannot be fixed. 

Once the association goes through I am going to retire from these forums. I am going to wash my hands of the UNIONS and the Airlines and move on with my life. I was hoping to help motivate some of the people on here to send the TWU packing and get real UNION representation. Once this association goes through I consider the war all but lost.

I don't understand why members want to keep a UNION that has led them down a spiraling path of loss to everyone else's benefit. 

Just know when I leave I wish you well and hope things work out. If you ever achieve an industry leading contract I will come back here one more time to congratulate you. 

Q: Does American Airlines want to merge the AA frozen pension plan into the IAM National Pension Fund (IAMNPF)?

A: Discussions about merging AA’s frozen pension plan into the IAMNPF have not occurred.

The IAM has never merged an airline industry pension plan into the IAMNPF.
In fact, when Northwest Airlines, United Airlines and US Airways either froze or terminated their employer-sponsored, defined-benefit pension plans, the IAM did not merge these frozen and terminated plans into the IAMNPF. They remained administered by either the company or the PBGC, resulting in IAM members receiving two pension checks in retirement – one from the IAMNPF and one from their previous employer-sponsored plan.

http://www.usaamerger.com/

chilokie1 said:
I understand that, but if a union loses its direction over time whether from
years of poor leadership or corruption it is no better then the companies
that caused the need for unions.
Maybe a union can get too big, too diversified that it fails a section of its
membership. 
Replacing a failing union with a different one is not an anti union move, not
if its going to better serve its members.
The Association is a bad move, not letting the memberships vote on it is worse.
Wait and see how the leadership teams get along with each other, the rank and
file will get along fine but the officers will be too focused on saving their own 
turf (BOS is a good example).
If a TWU station loses members from closing, who does it serve to move IAM
members over to the TWU to maintain the predetermined ratio?
The only winners in this is the officers maintaining duplicate positions and of
course the AFL/CIO.
Fair enough. My recommendation would be that if you have to live with the Association or TWU when all is said or done, that you figure a way to be heard. You should have a voice. Thinking collectively as a group could help your members that are frustrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back