Mechanic and Related Transition Update

I think this is the right place to ask this.

I was reading the IAM East (dated Jan 31, 2005) Contract and it states in Article 23 - Duration....

"The parties will commence bargaining for a new collective bargaining agreement no later than January 15, 2009. If the parties have not reached a tentative agreement by July 1, 2009, they will, no later than July 10, 2009, jointly apply for mediation with the National Mediation Board."

If this is the case why is the IAM negotiating a T/A and not a new contract. It seems that with this timetable that the T/A will only be in place only for a short time. It doesn't prevent either side from beginning negotiations sooner and then at least the MX contract could be finished....

I am not sure if I have all the facts, there may be other agreements that were made, but this is just what i had read and was hoping someone could bring some light on it.

I think this is the right place to ask this.

I was reading the IAM East (dated Jan 31, 2005) Contract and it states in Article 23 - Duration....

"The parties will commence bargaining for a new collective bargaining agreement no later than January 15, 2009. If the parties have not reached a tentative agreement by July 1, 2009, they will, no later than July 10, 2009, jointly apply for mediation with the National Mediation Board."

If this is the case why is the IAM negotiating a T/A and not a new contract. It seems that with this timetable that the T/A will only be in place only for a short time. It doesn't prevent either side from beginning negotiations sooner and then at least the MX contract could be finished....

I am not sure if I have all the facts, there may be other agreements that were made, but this is just what i had read and was hoping someone could bring some light on it.
#1}. One REASON The MINORITY WEST APROXIMATLEY 900 PEOPLE}MX & RELATED GROUP, WILL NOT SEE ANY BENIFiT"S FROM YOUR EAST CONTRACT REMEMBER THE WEST ARE UNDER A DIFFERANT {IBT} CONTRACT. There Is A TRANSITION that We are Attempting to Come To. ATTEMPTING TO BENEFIT THE EAST & WEST.
#2} There are Also MERGER's In the MIX, that Are Needed & Probably Will HAPPEN & Where Will The MX & Related Be?
So Just A Few Thoughts TO PONDER. MR E.

• Banned
So are you going to answer the question?

Was the IBT in Section 6 Negotiations with HP on behalf of the mechanics?

So are you going to answer the question?

Was the IBT in Section 6 Negotiations with HP on behalf of the mechanics?

YES THATS WHAT WAS TOLD TO US MEMBERS @ AWA BY the IBT Neg's Committee.AND WE ASSUMED THAT TO BE THE TRUTH, Although When The IAM was Asked, & The NMB was Asked in Washington D.C. In SEPTEMBER 2007. There Was No Record of a File By THE IBT/COMPANY. JUST THAT RUMOR's. Spread by the Neg's Committee. To KEEP THE PEACE @ AWA & with IBT MEMBER's. I STILL HAVE NO ANSWER from The Team of AWA MGT OR THE IBT TEAM That A LETTER or File is or Was Made.for sec 6. WE ARE JUST SUPPOSED TO BELEAVE YOU ALL, YA RIGHT.
THE IAM SAYS NOTHING OF THE SEC 6 File. No Where to be Found. No Letter to the COMPANY YA RIGHT.
MR E :)

• Banned
Do you not understand the RLA?

The Section 6 notices are exchanged from the union and the company, they are not filed with the NMB.

Can you not read what was posted directly from the NMB's Q&A about the RLA that I have posted?

The IBT/HP CBA was amendable, negotiations cannot start till parties exchange Section 6 Notices?

Is that too hard to comprehend, I have spoon feed you the information straight from the NMB!

Go ask Hemenway or Andy Marshall, bet they have copies, otherwise HP and IBT would not have been in Section 6 Negotiations.

Unreal!.

Hey AWAContract,

Werent you on the NC for the IBT?

Could you inform him of the process, apparently he does not believe the NMB's own guidelines, the RLA nor myself.

Are you that dense?

The IBT and HP started Section 6 Negotiations in 2003.

Better have a good memory, here is your post:

Game, Set and Match, Winner:700UW!
QUOTE (Mr Eagle @ Sep 25 2007, 10:20 PM)
AWA/US AIRWAYS Mechanics FRUSTRATION/CELEBRATION OCTOBER,2007.

The AWA Mechanics & Related Are Entering, 4-5 Years Of NO PAY Raises or Benefits. These are Some of the Facts & Events. That Have Taken Place to Date.

1} The IBT, TEAMSTER's Filed Section 6 near the end of 2003, Entering into Negotiations with The Company, @ AWA. The Negotiations Committee, Mechanics & Related, Having an AMENDABLE, 5 Year Contract,continued Negotiations & Spent 2-3 Years Negotiating with The AWA/IBT Negotiation Committee,with A Company,COST NEUTRAL Mentality. Getting Close to an Agreement. The Change Of Control,Merger Between AWA & US AIRWAYS took Shape.
And what happend to the IAM C.O.C???????????????????/Game, Set and Match, Winner awausairtech!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

Well! This was a very interesting forum. For the West fleet at AWA that were under IBT this information is starting to solidify the fact that our representation in Phoenix at that time IAM came around, actually had no handle on anything.
At one of our last meetings at the union hall our leadership sat back and told us they had not been informed about anything the International IBT was doing. They were not telling them one thing. They would say that what was best for the survival of any union would be to go with the International' intentions.
And a few days later a shop steward entered the breakroom and announced unexpectedly that IBT had handed us over to IAM.
This would make for a very good investigation to uncover the "Section 6" mystery.

We pay for two unions to keep us entirely in the dark, and work for a company that treats AWA workers like uneducated second class citizens.

THIS IS WHY WE MUST TAKE A STAND FOR STRAIGHT FORWARD HONESTY!

Until just one! union leader makes it very clear to us why we are supporting them, fleet at AWA will just have to find out for ourselves.

This company is beginning to have the feelings of a Brittany Spears dysfunctional family.

• Banned
Lith,

You dont even know what union you are in?

The ramp was represented by TWU and was in Section 6 Negotiations with HP.

What I was told tonight was we (M&R) (just for Lith) will have a T.A. by March 7TH.......LOL ??????????what will the IAM sell out to get it....C.O.C just to show the IAM is working for its members for the next MERGER. LOL

QUOTE (Mr Eagle @ Sep 25 2007, 10:20 PM)
AWA/US AIRWAYS Mechanics FRUSTRATION/CELEBRATION OCTOBER,2007.

The AWA Mechanics & Related Are Entering, 4-5 Years Of NO PAY Raises or Benefits. These are Some of the Facts & Events. That Have Taken Place to Date.

1} The IBT, TEAMSTER's Filed Section 6 near the end of 2003, Entering into Negotiations with The Company, @ AWA. The Negotiations Committee, Mechanics & Related, Having an AMENDABLE, 5 Year Contract,continued Negotiations & Spent 2-3 Years Negotiating with The AWA/IBT Negotiation Committee,with A Company,COST NEUTRAL Mentality. Getting Close to an Agreement. The Change Of Control,Merger Between AWA & US AIRWAYS took Shape.
And what happend to the IAM C.O.C???????????????????/Game, Set and Match, Winner awausairtech!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

back to the cornfield brother have fun picking corn. see ya later,,, mr e. no caps mr moderator.

over 80% of the employees are union. When I say membership I do mean employees.

Then say what you mean........we all know after the ink is dry on whatever joke of a T/A or giveback (read contract) there will be a lot of people justifying their actions with - "that's not what I meant"

Back