LHR Connections

If they're an AA customer inbound, I don't see why they'd be excluded from using the bus for a different airline's flight.

I've taken CO mainline to EWR (Terminal C) and then connected to B6 mainline (Terminal A) and the contract worker did not allow me to use the air side shuttle since it was for onward Continental Express passengers only. Pretty ridiculous since I flew CO in and at the time was OnePass Gold but that's EWR and NJ for you. Where do these buses arrive and depart at the mentioned gates? There is no waiting area since AA doesn't have any operations at remote stands or terminals at ORD.

Josh

I'm guessing, but there is a bus canopy and entrance at ramp level next to K18, underneath the Flagship Lounge windows, which can be accessed by the emergency stairs in the K19 lounge (also somewhat accessible via the elevators in a roundabout way, not sure how the hallways are arranged today).

<history>
The reason K18 is built as it is was to accommodate the wide transfer buses used for the old international arrivals hardstand. The original design for the K extension included a dedicated FIS similar to what AA had at DFW-A. That plan was scrapped after construction started, and the FIS area was re-purposed to be used by Flight Ops & Flight Service in the basement, and the ramp level became training rooms, offices, and an employee cafeteria.
</history>

There *was* a stairs and bus entrance at the end of the G concourse, used when Eagle was still running a non-jetway operation with shuttle buses. There may also have been a holdroom at ramp level, similar again to what used to be in place at DFW-A before Eagle moved over to the B concourse.

Latest posts

Back