l-AA Airbus coming to BOS

Josh, I don't have access to utilization numbers, but with only seventeen aircraft (783-799) and eighteen flights  JFK-LAX/SFO, I don't know if the schedule is loose enough to allow that or not.  And those are prime time hours, too.  We'll see, I suppose.

MK

737823 said:
Mark you don't see AA operating even one frequency with the 321T? I think 222/143 work work well, those are the flights that have had the 763 before.

Josh
I don't. You need some predictability for customers, and throwing one oddball into the mix can be more damaging than not. BOS is a great place, but it ain't NYC.

I love the 763 on domestic legs as much as the next guy, but I think most business flyers would take a 738 with wifi over a 763 LAX-BOS most of the time.

I love the 763 on domestic legs as much as the next guy, but I think most business flyers would take a 738 with wifi over a 763 LAX-BOS most of the time.
why does the choice have to be about not having the same amenities on a 767 that exist on other aircraft?

WorldTraveler said:
why does the choice have to be about not having the same amenities on a 767 that exist on other aircraft?
The reality is that management is not going to install wifi on the AA 763s, because they're short-timers. It sucks for business travelers who would like to log in while onboard, but that's reality.

It would be great to see the return of SFO-BOS. With the new shift in our NE presence it makes sense. SFO Pilot base is to "re-open" as the company as realized it made no sense to close it and layover costs here are through the roof. The pilot bid lines are to quadruple-from what I hear. 737 for now and possibly Airbus in the near future...

WorldTraveler said:
so we're talking just about AA 763s.

I understand now.

thanks for clarifying.

This is the AA forum, despite some people's tendencies to make it all about Hoop Skirt Air.  Why should there be any clarification necessary?...

AdAstraPerAspera said:

Yep, especially if it's one of the 738's with universal power plugs.  The day 12V seat power gets retired for good can't come soon enough for road warriors...

I'd be willing to bet that given a choice between at-seat power and wifi, a surprising number of business travelers would prefer power.

because the 767 is fully capable of carrying all the amenities that any other carrier can.

if AA chooses not to, then the lack of amenities is a choice AA has made.

WorldTraveler said:
because the 767 is fully capable of carrying all the amenities that any other carrier can.

if AA chooses not to, then the lack of amenities is a choice AA has made.

The point that you so profoundly missed is, when referring to a 763 in an AA forum, it doesn't take an astounding leap of logic to assume that it is an AA 763, except for, perhaps, a mental midget.

AdAstraPerAspera said:

Not to mention the other factor in the LAX-BOS market specifically, which is that AA is also clearly utilizing the 737s to differentiate AA from another angle - frequency. 

Next summer, AA will be up to 5 daily flights in each direction - not only the most of any competitor, but the most flights that AA has operated certainly since 9/11 and I believe ever (even at its pre-9/11 peak, I don't think AA ever had more than 4 daily flights in this market).  AA will soon be offering by far the most comprehensive schedule in the market, with flights spaced well throughout the day in both directions, including the last non-redeye eastbound flight of the day (1715 departure), and both the earliest (0600) and latest (1940) westbound flights of the day as well.

Meanwhile, against AA's 5 daily flights, JetBlue will be offering 3 and Delta, United and Virgin 2 each.

Not to mention the other factor in the LAX-BOS market specifically, which is that AA is also clearly utilizing the 737s to differentiate AA from another angle - frequency. 

Meanwhile, against AA's 5 daily flights, JetBlue will be offering 3 and Delta, United and Virgin 2 each.
THIS is the reason why AA is not using 767s.

and justifiably BOS-LAX is a market that AA is willing to fight for even though it has every Tom, Dick, and Harry flying it.

and to be honest with you, I am actually surprised to find out that AA doesn't have WiFi on its 767s....

but since we are on the subject, can someone tell me if AA still has domestic configured 767s or are they all int'l configured?

thanks

WorldTraveler said:
THIS is the reason why AA is not using 767s.

and justifiably BOS-LAX is a market that AA is willing to fight for even though it has every Tom, Dick, and Harry flying it.

and to be honest with you, I am actually surprised to find out that AA doesn't have WiFi on its 767s....

but since we are on the subject, can someone tell me if AA still has domestic configured 767s or are they all int'l configured?

thanks

Considering all the 762s have been retired, I'd say no.
'
Jeez, where have you been?

Back