IAM ratifies Agreement

bigjets said:
The good news, AA mechs will be making $38 an hour in sept 2015,
And what will the US guys be making?  Below you guys.  And well below the industry average.  Do you guys really think you will jump ahead of all the airlines just because you are the largest airline out there?  

bigjets said:
The good news, AA mechs will be making $38 an hour in sept 2015,

What are you talking about? An American Airlines AMT on Midnight shift will be making that next year even if they ratified the contract or not.

As I understand it, their new contract will pay them OT after 40 hours rather then after 8 hours.

There is no change to OT for Mechanics.

So its still anything over 8 in a day.

OK, the contract passed and we are both locked in till 2017 contractually, lets move on

Next, we need to get our representation to one union with a membership driven democratic constitution.

Then, we need to work on the joint contract from one position of strength.

a divided house will not stand

Sign your AMFA cards and lets vote 

"This is the only FACT I know, even with record profits SWA mangement is using all the BK airline wages to tell the swa negotiating comittee we won't give you a raise of your hourly wage only a bonus based on performance. They say we need to "let the rest of the industry catch up to our salary."

So get with it!"

I thought it applied here also

1airborne

Chuck Schalk said:
OK, the contract passed and we are both locked in till 2017 contractually, lets move on

Next, we need to get our representation to one union with a membership driven democratic constitution.

Then, we need to work on the joint contract from one position of strength.

a divided house will not stand

Sign your AMFA cards and lets vote 

Next is Single Carrier with the NMB, then the vote on the TWU/IAM Association, and then a JCBA.

1airborne said:
"This is the only FACT I know, even with record profits SWA mangement is using all the BK airline wages to tell the swa negotiating comittee we won't give you a raise of your hourly wage only a bonus based on performance. They say we need to "let the rest of the industry catch up to our salary."

So get with it!"

I thought it applied here also

1airborne

From Kelley

Our labor rates are now, far and away, the highest in the industry. Through bankruptcy, very large New Airlines have emerged with lower rates than us and better productivity. Next to fuel, labor is our highest expenditure. We cant have lower overall operating costs if our labor costs aren’t lower. We cant have lower labor costs if we arent more productive. The good news is that we have a lot of opportunities to improve our productivity, eliminate waste, and preserve our pay rates and benefits for the foreseeable future. Its crucial that we take advantage of those opportunities.

This is what UAL already has. From a UAL thread.

20+ year mechanic line dayshift makes right around $36.92

We get 12 sick days a year @ 75% pay the first week 100% thereafter

Vacation we get 5 weeks after 19 years - 6 weeks after 24 years - 7 weeks after 29 years

We currently get 8 holidays

Back